Iron Man's New Face

TheManWithoutFear said:
Everyone has to get it out of their system sooner or later... Welcome :twisted:

Very true - yeah it's not a stupid question.

And welcome. :D

Goodwill said:
For more information, report to the Lounge! Right?

Ask and one of the X-men knowledgeable people will answer with more detail (since it is a X-men spinoff based piece of knowledge.). I'd recommend the either the thread started by Tractorbeam about Newbie Questions or just start a new thread. Ask any questions you want and someone will try and answer them.

longshotjimlee said:
The thing I don't understand is that 86% of all the inventions that have gone into production since the end of the second world war have all come from the minds of British people, and yet Tony "Feckin" Stark is an American!!!

Actually, if you really wanted to be obsessive about it, longshotjimlee, the "great inventions" of the 616 Marvel Universe are far from being dominated by Tony Stark. We have Hammer Industries, A.I.M. (Advanced Industrial Mechanics), Roxxon Corporation, Worthington Industries, Fantastic, Inc., etc. Granted, those are all American based corporations, but they are also multinationals holding assets in multiple parts of the world and accessing research internationally, in the same way that the corporations of the real world have their finger in the pies of research teams all over the globe.

On the other hand, while 616 Tony Stark is a talented engineer with brains (not necessarily on the par of Reed Richards), Marvel has made it pretty obvious without resorting to didactics that not all of Stark International's inventions and products are from the mind of Tony himself. Stark has ascended to a position in the business world in which he no longer manages the day to day details of R&D, but has the intelligence to understand what his company produces and in what direction to take it.

Also, much of progress and technology is built upon a collective foundation build by others. This is to say that not every Stark product and invention you see in the Marvel Universe is necessarily his. In the same way the Japanese earned a reputation for Western inventions like automobiles in the 80s, Stark products may simply be the refinement of other ideas and objects developed all over the world and incorporated into cutting edge battle armor and space flight propulsion systems.

The short of it is that not everything we see that Stark International was just "suddenly" conceived off by Stark, his American cohorts and out of nowhere. And hey, it's not like their company press line claims that, either.

Well, I'm guessing this doesn't matter too much, but if it does you can be sure it will be answered in due time with the Ultimate Iron Man mini-series.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm not even going to read the posts on this thread. I come into this thread and I see Longshot's name and my hopes get all high and then I see that ourchair just reached back to way back when and quoted him. Ourchair... that was mean :evil:

How am I mean? :shock:

Latest posts

Back