Is Starcraft 2 on its way?

Whatever happens, the game probably won't come out at least 2-3 years after they announce it. I'm not being snotty or anything, but it's part of the Blizzard track record.

Whatever happens, the game probably won't come out at least 2-3 years after they announce it. I'm not being snotty or anything, but it's part of the Blizzard track record.

They may take their time... but another part of Blizzard's track record is to constantly produce fricking awesome games. The Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo franchises all contain some of the greatest games created in their genre. Warcraft 3 is still considered one of the all time greats for RTS. Starcraft, well there are televised Starcraft battles FFS. Diablo 2 was a fantastic RPG, and WoW, it is the most popular and the best MMO in the world.

Blizzard are like the gods of PC gaming.

They may take their time... but another part of Blizzard's track record is to constantly produce fricking awesome games. The Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo franchises all contain some of the greatest games created in their genre. Warcraft 3 is still considered one of the all time greats for RTS. Starcraft, well there are televised Starcraft battles FFS. Diablo 2 was a fantastic RPG, and WoW, it is the most popular and the best MMO in the world.

Blizzard are like the gods of PC gaming.
I wasn't dissing them. Or even 'complaining' about how long it's gonna take. So it's not really necessary to talk about how great a developer Blizzard is. I'm just saying that an announcement is very little to get excited over.

Like superhero movies. They've been talking about Spider-Man movies for decades, but it wasn't until they've had something to show that it became something worth getting excited over, which is why I always found it perplexing when I had schoolmates get excited over Spider-Man thinking Charlie Sheen was gonna play him when it was obvious even in the pre-Internet days that nothing was solid.

On that same note, Diablo was announced years before it was released and it started out as a very different game than what it finally became --- albeit a very excellent one --- and as such, it's nothing really worth psyching yourself for at this point. Another good example is Blizzard's Pax Imperia, which was ultimately cancelled because it didn't meet their quality standards or Bullfrog's Agents of Justice which also got cancelled.

I wasn't dissing them. Or even 'complaining' about how long it's gonna take. So it's not really necessary to talk about how great a developer Blizzard is. I'm just saying that an announcement is very little to get excited over.

Like superhero movies. They've been talking about Spider-Man movies for decades, but it wasn't until they've had something to show that it became something worth getting excited over, which is why I always found it perplexing when I had schoolmates get excited over Spider-Man thinking Charlie Sheen was gonna play him when it was obvious even in the pre-Internet days that nothing was solid.

On that same note, Diablo was announced years before it was released and it started out as a very different game than what it finally became --- albeit a very excellent one --- and as such, it's nothing really worth psyching yourself for at this point. Another good example is Blizzard's Pax Imperia, which was ultimately cancelled because it didn't meet their quality standards or Bullfrog's Agents of Justice which also got cancelled.

You forgot the big ones, WarCraft Adventures and StarCraft: Ghost. Both canceled.

One of my mates is a massive Blizzard geek and he thinks it's going to be a MMORPG.

I hate to sound snotty.

But he's so wrong.

WoW just released Crusade and they'll be updating WoW for another 5 years before moving on to a new MMO.

You forgot the big ones, WarCraft Adventures and StarCraft: Ghost. Both canceled.
Well, I wasn't going to mention ALL their cancelled games. I actually chose to mention the not so big ones --- including Diablo before it was the Diablo we knew --- because it only shows how forgotten they are in spite of the initial excitement over their announcement. Heck, I mentioned a non-Blizzard game.

However, now that I think about it, the fact that I actually even mentioned Pax Imperia is kind of revealing of my knowledge of old-school 'pre-franchise' Blizzard.

It's been announced WAHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:twisted: :crazy: :drooling: :rockon:
oh and for anyone who is interested I found a site that has the first few screen shots of the video presentation of Starcraft 2 here's the link: http://up.kupatrix.com/members/browse/1/Starcraft II and here is the IGN summery of the demo that Blizzard showed link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html this link has another link that shows the rest of the screenshots of the demonstation!!!!!! EN TARO ADUN BRAVE SOULS!!!!!!!

There's a trailer or something on Youtube too.

Originally posteed by project X2
There's a trailer or something on Youtube too.
I tried to find it and the only thing that was close to it was the creation of a "possible" stracraft 2 using an engine that used the warcraft 3 graphics is that what you are refering to the video I am refering to was posted on Youtube on july 16th 2006.

YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

A sequel to my second favorite game of all time!?

YES!

Ha! It looks like there are no heroes! AWESOME!
Heroes are the cancer of War3, the game sucked mainly because of them.

Last edited:
Ha! It looks like there are no heroes! AWESOME!
Heroes are the cancer of War3, the game sucked mainly because of them.

I liked Warcraft III! And the Heroes! The small scale battle were a nice change of pace.

But, I agree with Starcraft having no place for them. And I'm glad the devs of the game agree.

So. . .anyone else hear about how this game has an unlimited budget, thanks to WoW? They are pouring money into it until they feel the game is perfect.

:( :( :(
It's going to use DirectX10. You will need Vista to play.
Bye Starcraft 2. :cry:

Edit: Ok that was fake, it doesn't need Vista. YAY!

Last edited:
It's cool that they've made Starcraft 2, but I was really hoping for Diablo 3...

You know D3 is next on the agenda. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to hear it announced at Blizzcon, along with the second WoW expansion and huge amounts of new info on Starcraft 2.

I liked Warcraft III! And the Heroes! The small scale battle were a nice change of pace.

But, I agree with Starcraft having no place for them. And I'm glad the devs of the game agree.

So. . .anyone else hear about how this game has an unlimited budget, thanks to WoW? They are pouring money into it until they feel the game is perfect.

Hell, yeah. Warcraft III was great, but Starcraft II needs to just not be a clone of that with space-themed characters.

It's just a shame they're not adding a new race.

It's just a shame they're not adding a new race.

I thought the same thing, but there were only ever two possibilities: the Xel'Naga, which seem pretty passive, and the Hybrids, which. . .wouldn't be very original.

I'm a bit bummed, but I think that with the overhaul the three are getting, it'll feel pretty different anyways.

I thought the same thing, but there were only ever two possibilities: the Xel'Naga, which seem pretty passive, and the Hybrids, which. . .wouldn't be very original.

I'm a bit bummed, but I think that with the overhaul the three are getting, it'll feel pretty different anyways.

Nah. With a little thought, they could have definitely come up with an interesting race to put in the mix. I mean, the undead and night elves came out of nowhere in WC3.

Latest posts

Back