Is Starcraft 2 on its way?

Originally Posted by Zombipanda
It's just a shame they're not adding a new race.
You never know blizzard is known for secrets. and who knows the fourth race could be a secret campaign in starcraft 2.

Nah. With a little thought, they could have definitely come up with an interesting race to put in the mix. I mean, the undead and night elves came out of nowhere in WC3.
For a moment there, I thought you were talking about undead night elves in Wing Commander III.

But then I remembered I must be the only person on the board who cares about Wing Commander. :(

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about undead night elves in Wing Commander III.

But then I remembered I must be the only person on the board who cares about Wing Commander. :(

I think I played Wing Commander back in the day.... I don't remember undead night elves though.

You never know blizzard is known for secrets. and who knows the fourth race could be a secret campaign in starcraft 2.

Exactly.

And I'll bet the race will be fully playable when the first expansion pack comes out.

So I'm trying to play Starcraft with my mate via LAN... only there's no Local Area Network (UDP) option to choose... what do I do?

what's Starcraft like? and is there a monthly fee?

what's Starcraft like? and is there a monthly fee?

It's a real time strategy game set in space. That's what I can tell. And no, you don't have to pay a monthly fee.

I'll bet for Starcraft 2, there'll be a fee. With all the hype, why would Blizzard cash in?

Also, at the Blizzcon or whatever, they are supposedly handing out USB ports that contain a beta for either this game (SC 2) or another Warcraft expansion. Should be interesting. My bet, and the reason why I posted this in here, is that it'll be for SC 2.

I'll bet for Starcraft 2, there'll be a fee. With all the hype, why would Blizzard cash in?

Also, at the Blizzcon or whatever, they are supposedly handing out USB ports that contain a beta for either this game (SC 2) or another Warcraft expansion. Should be interesting. My bet, and the reason why I posted this in here, is that it'll be for SC 2.

Battle.net is ALWAYS free.

Re: Who here is a starcraft fan and when will SC2 come out?

This should really get merged with that other thread about Starcraft.

Terran Units... I wants me a Thor..

They get a Transformer!!!
terran_units.jpg

Hands On Previews for the Terrans and Protoss were published last August at GameSpot.

Regarding the Terrans:
We noted an interesting new feature for the starport which allows you to turn it into a starbase. This basically makes it look like a gigantic starship (much larger than a battlecruiser), and functionally, it becomes a mobile unit producer. You could park your starbase just out of range of an enemy base and pump out aerial units for an assault.

Finally, the command center itself is quite a bit more capable this time around. Instead of building a comsat station add-on as in the original game, you can now convert the building directly into a surveillance station to gain the ability to do a satellite sweep, which again lets you reveal a small part of the map for a few seconds. But you can instead upgrade the command center to a planetary fortress, which looks exactly as imposing as it sounds. This upgrade will give a sizeable boost to the building's armor level, and it will add a mean-looking gigantic cannon to the top of the fortress to give it proper defensive capabilities.
And about the Protoss:
Overall the Protoss handled well and surprised us. In the demo they seemed faster and tougher than we remember them. The zealots are tough and handle themselves well on the battlefield. The larger ground units, stalkers and immortals, were powerful against certain units and ably stood their own. The templars, once powered up via the various upgrades you'll order up for them, are powerful adversaries. The dark templars and their natural cloak made them key for sending out to the various observatories on the battlefield to help widen your field of view. However we have to say our heart belongs to the colossus, carrier, and mothership combo. The colossus is a devastating land unit that cuts through ground troops nicely.

Our personal favorite from the original game, the carrier, still kicks much tail. As before you could trick it out with a max of eight interceptor vehicles that shoot our and blast anything around it. We're especially taken by the auto casting option for the interceptors, allowing you to keep your carrier fully stocked. The mothership is pretty slick, offering some devastating attacks that take out pesky structures like Terran anti-aircraft batteries, with ease.

I can't WAIT for this game. It sound so damn epic! And, as a Protoss player, I am so glad they brought the Carrier back. I was disappointed originally when they said it was replaced by the weaker Tempest, but I'm glad it's back.

Latest posts

Back