Is Ultimate Extinction Really Needed???

Victor Von Doom said:
Not true. It is stated that all the events of Gah Lak Tus take place before Ultimates 2. So having all of them there really wouldn't have made any difference.

We won't see the ramifications of U2 until U3 starts. All the writers of the other Ultimate series said that they wanna wait until Millar and Hitch finish their run before they address the events in their comics.

Exactly.

i was very disapointed with this series i think they should have thrown this in as a story in Ultimate Fantastic four

Gadzookie said:
i was very disapointed with this series i think they should have thrown this in as a story in Ultimate Fantastic four

Actually, now that I think about it, you're totally right. They could have eliminated Nightmare (And gotten rid of the whole transexual Vision), and done Secret and Extinction as two seperate UFF arcs (Secret about just the Kree, and Extinction about Galactus).

Why didn't they do that? Galactus is, technically, an FF villian. Plus, and I hate to say this, but after reading Extinction, I found 616 Galactus not only a better character, but more menacing. GLK was a coward compared to Purple Bucket Head.

It's really dissapointing, actually. They kept building GLK to be this great anti-God. The look was intresting, but I didn't like the whole 'fear broadcasts/flesh-eating plague' thing. It wasn't that scary. I wanted something that would like. . .devour a planet whole. THAT would have been frightening.

Last edited:
Lynx said:
Why didn't they do that? Galactus is, technically, an FF villian. Plus, and I hate to say this, but after reading Extinction, I found 616 Galactus not only a better character, but more menacing. GLK was a coward compared to Purple Bucket Head.

Earth X Galactus was even better.

(And Galactus isn't really a villain)

E said:
Earth X Galactus was even better.

(And Galactus isn't really a villain)

Hell yes he was. Earth X Galactus was like Rambo!

And I know what you mean about him not being a villian, but that's probably the best way I could describe him to make sense with my comment. Galactus is more of a force of nature, like a hurricane or a meteor. While they aren't villians, they are generally not good things.

Ice said:
The number of the regular Marvel Universe. Ultimate Universe's number is 1610.

I cringe everytime I hear that the UU and the Supreme-verse are numbered . .

Last edited:
Ice said:
Why?

Every universe is numbered.

Because it ties it to 616.

And we've had this arguement before, Ice, so I'm just going to say that its something that, in my view, cheapens the unique-ness of the UU (And Supreme-verse by association) and be done with it.

Lynx said:
Because it ties it to 616.

And we've had this arguement before, Ice, so I'm just going to say that its something that, in my view, cheapens the unique-ness of the UU (And Supreme-verse by association) and be done with it.
We had the argument about the universes being numbered? :?

Ice said:
We had the argument about the universes being numbered? :?

Something like that. We had an arguement (Or difference of opinion since it wasn't that heated) about if the Marvel Multiverse and the Ultimate Marvel Multiverse are the same and if it mattered.

Or I may be insane. I don't know.

Lynx said:
Something like that. We had an arguement (Or difference of opinion since it wasn't that heated) about if the Marvel Multiverse and the Ultimate Marvel Multiverse are the same and if it mattered.

Or I may be insane. I don't know.
I don't see how that how has to do with the universes being numbered. But let's get back on with Ultimate Extinction.

Ice said:
I don't see how that how has to do with the universes being numbered. But let's get back on with Ultimate Extinction.

'kay.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
After reading the entire thing, the answer is "no". :?

That's what I'm saying.

There was no real defining moment of greatness for any of the heroes. So Reed made a really big gun....so what? The kid made a helmet that makes whatever he imagines REAL. Cap got to beat up a weird silver man...what's the big deal? He also took down a 60ft man with his bare hands.

No one died. No one even got seriously injured. The biggest injury sustained was Prof X and Jean getting a really big headache.

No wonder no one mentions these events in the UU. The Hulk was a bigger menace to the UU. The events of Extinction and Gah Lak Tus are given lesser mentioner than why Nightcrawler wasn't in X3. It seems as if they've faced bigger threats.

Iron Man: Hey Steve, remember that one time we beat the Un-God?
Cap: Can't say that I do Tony. Was that before or after lunch?
Iron Man: Um...after I think.
Cap: Was that the day that Nick had that bad blueberry bagel and got sick all over Sam's wings?
Iron Man: Yeah....that was the day.
Cap: Hmm....nope. Can't say that I remember it.

I want my time and money back Ellis.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
Iron Man: Hey Steve, remember that one time we beat the Un-God?
Cap: Can't say that I do Tony. Was that before or after lunch?
Iron Man: Um...after I think.
Cap: Was that the day that Nick had that bad blueberry bagel and got sick all over Sam's wings?
Iron Man: Yeah....that was the day.
Cap: Hmm....nope. Can't say that I remember it.

I want my time and money back Ellis.

:lol: Will you be my friend?

Anyway, I agree completely. I normally love Ellis, but this was completely lacking in any real impact.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Mahr-Vell's in a wheelchair now. I thought that was pretty weak but there's another injury.

For a month! OH NO! ;) I'm sure the UU is going to be littered with guest appearances by Captain Marvel during that month he spends in the wheelchair.

Let me also add, the explanation behind the Moondragons was super-***-lame. And Ultimate Misty Knight is useless. And Cap's dialogue was weak.

Last edited:
Zombipanda said:
For a month! OH NO! ;) I'm sure the UU is going to be littered with guest appearances by Captain Marvel during that month he spends in the wheelchair.
Uh, 'cept for the fact that this is all pre-U2? Or did they change that when I wasn't looking? O_O

jtg3885 said:
Uh, 'cept for the fact that this is all pre-U2? Or did they change that when I wasn't looking? O_O

I was talking more about Marvel showing up in the other three Ultimate ongoings, which I'm pretty sure are set before Vol. 2 of the Ultimates.

Either way, it was a joke, so I don't figure it's a big deal.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Mahr-Vell's in a wheelchair now. I thought that was pretty weak but there's another injury.

Big deal.......Spidey took a bullet in the shoulder dealing with the cops. So by that logic...the NYPD are a bigger threat than Gah Lak Tus.

Latest posts

Back