Jaggyd's Revenge

Dude, wow! Nothing against your color pics but the mangaka in me really digs your black and whites. That She-Loki is bad ass. I now want you to commission me a She-Hulk/Ms. Marvel when I get some funds.

Thanks hon, as weird as it sounds, my inks are my most disappointing part of the art process. I love my sketches, and my colors are growing on me, but there's something about the inks that, unno, they seem lifeless.

You seem to loose depth when you go from Pencils to Inks. Its like when you ink it you're locking it in place and freezing the action. I think it makes it look a bit overpolished and very static.

Does that make sense or am i up too late again?

You seem to loose depth when you go from Pencils to Inks. Its like when you ink it you're locking it in place and freezing the action. I think it makes it look a bit overpolished and very static.

Does that make sense or am i up too late again?

No, you have explained it more eloquently than I could have. I really wish I could find an inker, see if someone who's art is adding ink flow would help.

Yeah, you lose some depth with the colors, but I think the only place it really hurts the piece is with the face. The expression in the pencils (pens) is really strong, but it gets lost because you lose the coyness of the smirk and the smirk and the sharpness of the eyes. But I think the raise of the eyelids and the texture of the boots is really well done.

No, you have explained it more eloquently than I could have. I really wish I could find an inker, see if someone who's art is adding ink flow would help.

Have you concidered going directly from Pencils to Colors? I'd be curious how that'd work out for you.

Last edited:
Friday said:
Have you concidered going directly from Pencils to Colors? I'd be curious how that'd work out for you.

Yeah, my Kim Possible, I posted the other day was pencils and colors only.

Just more experimenting.

Djinn.jpg

Blahblahblah... more lesbians from Lexi. I'm sure this is getting old for you guys.

Possum%20Kingdom.jpg

Last edited:
A DA commission I'm working on. Cassandra Cain as Nightwing.

Nightwing%20Commission%20051312.jpg

Heart%20Skipped%20a%20Beat.png

Letting the door close behind her, the young knight looked about her room. Sparsely decorated with her personal effects was how she preferred it; less things she had to worry about when deployed. She tossed her helmet onto her bunk with a casual flick of her wrist, the joint making an odd - and unsatisfactory - click as it moved. Frowning, she made a mental note to speak with one of the quartermasters soon to have them make sure her arm was functioning properly. A soft sigh from one of the room's dark corners caught her attention and without a look, she let her expression slip into the tiniest of smiles. "Hello. How long have you been waiting there?"

The voice that responded was soft and one that she was intimately familiar with. "Hello, Ro. I've been here since I heard you were coming home." Ro's visitor emerged from the shadows, her petite frame dwarfed by Ro's much larger form but her confidence easily making her the knight's match. The long, fiery hair that Ro loved to play with was up in a neat bun for the day, while the stray wisps she could never control played around the silver tiara that matched her pale eyes. With a sound that Ro had affectionately and regularly called a 'squeak', the young woman reached out and brushed the long white hair from her champion's face. "Oh… Ro… what have you done to your darling face?"

With a small frown, Ro sighed and brought her prosthetic arm up to rest on her lover's shoulder even as she leaned in to nuzzle against the fingers touching her face. "I'm sorry, Your Highness. I… I have a duty to protect my men. We came under fire. They're just scratches." Seeing the words deflecting off the look of hurt and sadness in the eyes of the young woman looking intently into her own, Ro let out a second, deeper sigh. "Your Highness… Princess… Fay. This is a part of who I am. I know how much it hurts you to see me injured… maybe it's time you-"

"No! No. I love you, Ro. No one will ever take your place." The princess's voice began to tremble as she fought out the words. Tears welling in her argent eyes, a look of hurt and desperation flashing onto her face.

Dropping her lance to the floor, the tall chevalier pulled her sobbing princess to her chest. "And I love you… I will be with you for as long as I draw breath."

Latest posts

Back