Jeph Loeb takes over Mighty Avengers, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, & Watchmen sequel.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Report by Ice & ProjectX2

It's the missing panel that was never reported, brought to you by the best panel reporters ever! See what the companies didn't want you to see for panels that never actually did happen! No, that's not wrong, it really was not just said and whispered! You'll need your eyes and ears to believe this, but probably not.

• "Bendis is doing the second arc on Captain Carrot with Alan Moore. No word on their penciller though, but apparently, Jack Kirby is being brought back from the afterlife to draw this three issue arc."

• "Newsarama tried to get into the Jeph Loeb panel, but you are only allowed to be admitted if you have taken over writing every comic book for one company."

• "Brian Michael Bendis then attented the panel on his own before leaving right away."

• "Matt Brady managed to get into the panel as it was ending, as Loeb revealed that he was now doing an arc on Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers and Daredevil, the only books he wasn't already working on. 'What does Peter Parker, the Avengers, and Matt Murdock all have in common?' Loeb grinned to himself. 'They all share the same star sign: cancer!'"

• "As he said this, the classic Liefield Captain America pose came up on a slide. Loeb then pitched in, 'Liefield and I are taking over Captain America. It's a story about emotions. I'm really looking forward to do it, as just like Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Hulk, Flash, Green Lantern, Daredevil, Punisher, Fantastic Four and Wolverine, Captain America is a character that touches everyone's wallet. I meant heart.'"

• "This just in: Loeb has taken over Craig's essay, and is drawing it with fan favourite Michael Turner."

• "Wondering about Quesada's whereabouts, Jim McCaan who was stepping in for Quesada, said that Joe was busy planning the next event for the Marvel Universe. It will be 145 issues of tie-ins and will spread over 50 years with the delays expected since every issue is written, drawn, inked, and colored with crayola by Bryan Hitch."

• "'Bendis? Bendis who?' Loeb mocked, after stating he was taking over Mighty and New Avengers."

• "Didio announced the final main character to appear in Countdown: Ronin. Fans immediately shouted that Ronin was Jeph Loeb, and Didio smiled."

• "With fans still wondering about Ultimates 2 #13, and Quesada telling people to ask Bryan Hitch, Newsarama interviewer Matt Brady quickly called him up for more information. Bryan answered to ask Millar. Millar was soon called and said to call Laura Martin. When she was called, she said to call Tom Brevoort. When Tom was called, he said to call Alan Moore. When Alan Moore didn't answer the call, we personally visited him with him casting a spell that would make us into women and having sex with one another."

• "Asked randomly about if he ever got ideas from Watchmen, Loeb mentioned he has some plans coming up that was inspired by Watchmen. In fact, he's writing Watchmen 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...."

• "When asking about how they talked about the death of Captain America, Brubaker told the audience that they told Cap himself about what they had planned. They then showed in the slideshow Cap's reaction."

031707_12081.jpg

• "One fan asked why they decided to unmask Spider-Man. McCaan answered, "We actually had planned for Wolverine to come out as Spider-Man, but we already planned for him to come out the closet. Oh wait, I'm sorry, we meant Colossus. No wait, that's ultimate. Oh God, what are we talking about again?"

• "Didio surprised the crowd and Marvel when he snuck into Marve'ls panel and pranked everyone that Wolverine was being put into every DC book. Marvel soon retaliated saying that they were sending Brian Michael Bendis to DC. Unfortunately, they were not joking. Didio left crying."

• "Called for comments later on, Bendis admitted he had to be able to write something now that Loeb had taken his place as Queseda's *****. 'Jakeem Thunder, here I come!' Bendis sighed."

Updating...

• "Wondering when Michael Turner would actually begin working for Marvel, McCaan answered, "We have a project for him planned, but we now have him drawing with Hitch on the next Millar and Hitch project. Expect this to hit comic stores when the dinasours roam the earth again."

• "Loeb again interrupted, stating that the dinosaurs comment was a reference to his new Devil-Dinosaur series, which is about the new Devil-Dinosaur dealing with the new brain tumor the Devil-Dinasour received as a Devil-Dino baby while in its blue cacoon in which it lost a leg but magically was popped back in."

• "Question arised about what will happen to the identity of 'Captain America' and McCaan answered saying they have got the character already. "Punisher is a possiblity we've already shown you," he said as they showed the cover to Punisher War Journal #6. Here's another one," he told the crowd as he pointed to the screen and ducked under the tables for cover."

wolvercap.jpg

• The panel soon ended when pictures of Loeb somehow got into the slideshow of him and Quesada having...moments together. Words on the screen appeared saying, "How Jeph really got the job." A man laughed maniacly in the background, with revealing himself to be Bendis, running off.

End of non-live, not real show...

Last edited:
Re: Jeph Loeb takes over Mighty Avengers, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, & Watchmen sequ

Yes - the Spidey :heart: MJ really had me scared. :shock:

Re: Jeph Loeb takes over Mighty Avengers, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, & Watchmen sequ

Ice, Proj. . .where did the bad men touch you?

I was supposed to be reporting with the jerks but I'm still trying to figure out how to be a woman.

Damn you, BENDIS!

Last edited:

I swear to god I was happy about Loeb in Mighty Avengers....

DAMN YOU ICE!

You lying scoundrels.

This was some funny ****ing ****, though. Great job.

I'd have totaly bought it had there not been the watchmen bit in the title. Even with that all it said in the side was about Loeb. I believed it.

Is it wrong that I was more scared of him doing Spider-man loves Mary Jane than a Watchmen sequel?

Is it wrong that I was more scared of him doing Spider-man loves Mary Jane than a Watchmen sequel?

No, because any sequel to Watchmen would suck. Doesn't matter if God himself handed it down to whoever your personal favorite writer is. It'd still suck.

No, because any sequel to Watchmen would suck. Doesn't matter if God himself handed it down to whoever your personal favorite writer is. It'd still suck.

Even if Alan Moore did it?

Wow.

The title was just a joke we knew would get people going, "WTF?!" so they'd look in, but not to turn the thread into talk about it! :lol:

I too, was more worried about Spidey :heart: MJ than Watchmen.

This scientifically proves that Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane is a better comic than Watchmen.

This is the THREAD OF THE YEAR.

All the dumb cancer jokes are everything I say at the local comic book store, but avoid posting here.

This was a lot funnier before it was edited.

Latest posts

Back