JLA - Crisis of Conscience arc

Friday

Geof Johns new arc on JLA, co-writen by Allan Heinberg (Young Avengers) started this week. This is the most excited I've been about the Justice Leauge since.... ummm... Well, since Tower of Babel (Damn had JLA sucked the last year or two.)

So far we've gotten a bitmore of the leauge let in on the mindwipe, and we've got the Secret Socity of Supervillians getting thier asses in gear. I don't want to spoile the last page, but if you're following DC atall you should pick this up.

Yeah, I looked through it in the store, and realised nothing meaningful happens in it. I might pick up the next issue, since that's when the story seems to start.

Bass said:
Yeah, I looked through it in the store, and realised nothing meaningful happens in it. I might pick up the next issue, since that's when the story seems to start.
First half was recap, second half was the Vilians wrecking Happy Harbor.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
i Just read it, very cool, i wonder if its Jonnz fault....
He's unconciously caused things to happen before. Remember the If machine and the White Martians. That was a cluster **** if I ever saw one.

Patriot said:
Best JLA issue in a while,by far.The first page seemed.........out of place.
I was reay to drop it till I heard Johns was coming on. Its just been bad for a while now. Austin, Byrne..... Even Kurt Busiek's arc was just a mess, even though it managed to tie together in the end. I'm glad we've finaly got one worth reading.

I've read some of Morrison's trades,and tried The Ninth Circle :)shock:)

Beyond that I haven't read JLA before,I only got into DC with Hush.

Patriot said:
I've read some of Morrison's trades,and tried The Ninth Circle :)shock:)

Beyond that I haven't read JLA before,I only got into DC with Hush.
Quick JLA primer: Morrison Good, Waid good, Johns probably going o be good. Kelly some good, some not. Rest realy bad.

Patriot said:
Noted.Btw what/who is Red Tornado?
he Silver Age Red Tornado was an android created by the supervillain T. O. Morrow for the purpose of infiltrating the Justice Society. (Part of the plan involved giving the android a false memory indicating that it was the Red Tornado who had attended the first JSA meeting.) After the android was complete, it was merged with two other entities: Ulthoon, the Tornado Tyrant of Rann, and the being Tornado Champion. This created a living being with the ability to control wind, especially in a cyclone form. Using the name John Smith, he joined the Justice Society, and eventually the Justice League.

During the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Red Tornado became separated from his body, becoming an air elemental. Air pollution upset him, sending him half crazy and in conflict with Firestorm in The Elemental War. Eventually, Captain Atom and Firestorm calmed him, and Firestorm manufactured a new body shell for Red Tornado.

Since this time, he has been a member of the Leymen, and also Young Justice.

His first appearance was in Justice League of America #64 (Aug 1968), written by Gardner Fox.

From Wikipdia, cause I didn't feel like typing that much.

Has anyone been reading this since? Excellent arc, in both writing and art, strange to see GA & Hawkman agreeing though.....can certainly see hoe this'll be the end of the current incarnation of the League. Great cliffhanger in #118, next issues gonna be a stormer!

Latest posts

Back