Joe Barbera has died

a fan

I was shocked to learn yesterday that famed american animator Joseph Barbera has died at 95 :( rest in peace you will never be forgotten

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
I didn't realize he was still alive

I wonder if they will make a tribute painting, like they did for the man who was the ovices for all the looney Tunes

Crap, I forgot his name too

Ultimate Houde

I knew it was an M.B. combination, and all I could come up with was Mel Brooks, and I knew that was not right

I feel so stupid now, I grew upon these things

Ultimate Houde

01.jpg

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Here would be where I insert a pic of Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry and The Hair Bear Bunch dancing on his grave.

But I have class......so I'll leave that up to Moony. :lol:

Seriously though.....E's right. Cartoons would not be what they are today if not for his part. Iconic toons such as Huckleberry Hound, Snaggle-Puss and Muttley were a few of my favorite characters from his studio.

I was totally all about the Pebbles and BamBam show.

Goodwill

Understatement of the year. Cartoons as we know them wouldn't exist without him.

Right.

Honestly, I think the quality of cartoon has gone down without the iconic ones on television anymore... You hardly see the older cartoons.

Planet-man

Not to mention Yogi Bear, Casper and the Jetsons.

Heh, I heard today that when Hanna and Barbera pitched Tom & Jerry to the studio, the execs thought it was an awful idea that wouldn't do well and made them produce it on a shoe-string budget.
Tom-and-Jerry.jpg

ultimatedjf

I love Tom and Jerry, but not as much as I love Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner.

Hey remember the whole Is it Meep Meep or Beep Beep thread from a while back? Yep, those were the days.

MaxwellSmart

I don't recognize his name, but anyone who helped to make animated movies is a great man and his loss will be felt.

Latest posts