Joe Quesada no longer EIC....

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
....but also CCO! :wink:

As iFanboy reports:

Marvel announced today that Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada has earned the title of Chief Creative Officer.

What does that mean? Basically, he's still EIC, in charge of the overall direction of the comic book line, but he'll also be providing creative guidance to all other areas of Marvel Entertainment's output, from TV, movies, games, and everything else Marvel does. So from now on, when people ask him questions about movies, he can't say that it's "not his department."

Last edited:
I'm tired of Joe Quesadilla. Bring back Bill Jemas.

at first when i read the title of the topic i was like :D, then i went straight to :|, and right down to :( and then õ.O

Last edited:
What the hell ever happened to that poor bastard?

He and Quesada revitalised Marvel by just making every comic as good as it could be, without giving a cuss about franchises.

Avi Arad told him he was screwing up the franchises for sale in Hollywood and to stop. He said no, so Avi Arad had him fired.

Marvel's creative output took an immediate, and extreme down turn.

Bill Jemas I don't think came up with anything amazing himself, but he was invaluable as quality control. I find it hard to believe the Marvel events and Ultimatum and the rest would've happened had he been around.

He and Quesada revitalised Marvel by just making every comic as good as it could be, without giving a cuss about franchises.

Avi Arad told him he was screwing up the franchises for sale in Hollywood and to stop. He said no, so Avi Arad had him fired.

Marvel's creative output took an immediate, and extreme down turn.

Bill Jemas I don't think came up with anything amazing himself, but he was invaluable as quality control. I find it hard to believe the Marvel events and Ultimatum and the rest would've happened had he been around.

Ah, the perils of NOT being a "Yes"-Man in today's world.

But I knew all of that, what I meant was, what is he doing now, in the present day? Working at another comic company, writing a novel, selling ice cream at DisneyLand?

Nevermind, Wikipedia told me:

Wikipedia said:
Upon his departure from Marvel Entertainment, Jemas started 360ep, an entertainment property management firm. He developed the Freeware Bible, which translates ancient Aramaic-Hebrew words into English synonyms, and a t-shirt line, IDtees, promoting the peace and green movements.

Hmmmm...it appears Mr. Jemas is a religious hippie.

Last edited:

Yes. Comics are in a pretty good place today (aside from the price increases that are going to do as much damage as the early 90's price increases did) because of him.

Bring back Jim Shooter. Or at least that creepy picture of him.

Jim Shooter was the polar opposite of Joe Q, and in a bad way.

This is a cruel, cruel thread.

Latest posts

Back