Jonah Hex discussion

I hope you guys will keep us updated as to when this book comes out - I don't always think to look over DC's list in the weekly shipping list and I don't want to miss it.

I got the first issue today and really liked it. Hex is a total badass.

I read issue two. Havn't had a chance to read one yet. I really liked it. The artwork was very nice. I agree with Moony. Hex is a total badass. I liked the half naked woman too.

Well, I got Showcase Presents Jonah Hex last week and it was damn good. Almost all of the stories in it are one shots, with a few characters and plotlines running through the latter half. The thing is that if you'd never read another issue you still wouldn't have any questions. The series manages to tell comeplete tales while also furthering the overall story, and in less pages than an average book today (15-20 pages tops.)

This really has me looking forward to other non-hero SC showcase collections.

thee great one said:
#3.

Great issue. I loved the cameo with Batlash. The ending was brutal. This is old school western punishing. :>

A-
I agree. Batlash was great (Good enough I'm hoping for a showcase presents...)

I'm hoping that this is worked into a new Wierd Western Tales focusing on Hex with more apperances by old DC western characters. THeres a wealth of material there just wasting away.

Okay, who thought the Lousiana issue was the best one yet? I mean it had rapin, and baby killing, and people eatin, and Hex killing people who deserved it. Great stuff.

I've got to say the El Diablo issue was good too. Not as good as Bat Lash was, but the whole thing makes me wish they'd relaunch this as an Anthology with a 22 page Hex story as an anchor and backups with the other DC western characters.

The Louisiana issue was definitely one of the best yet. I also enjoyed El Diablo.

I'm still waiting for Amazon to get the 1st TPB in stock.

Jonah Hex is so much fun. He doens't have to be on continuity with DC, his book just kick ***. I'm just sorry I haven't picked it up since the beggining.

I rec'd the first TPB in the mail today (I ordered it a while ago but just got it today) - awesome stuff. Every issue is self-contained, yet it flows beautifully.

I've been reading the series basically since it relaunched, so it was nice to have the collection. I read it all in one sitting. I actualy got into a few other Westerns because of this book specifically, but none of them are anywhere near as good.

I rec'd the first TPB in the mail today (I ordered it a while ago but just got it today) - awesome stuff. Every issue is self-contained, yet it flows beautifully.

I've been reading the series basically since it relaunched, so it was nice to have the collection. I read it all in one sitting. I actualy got into a few other Westerns because of this book specifically, but none of them are anywhere near as good.

It really really is.

Latest posts

Back