Jonny Quest!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter, who have the video game-based Hitman opening on October 12 from Fox, will produce a live-action adaptation of popular 1960s animated TV series Jonny Quest at Warner Bros. Pictures, with Dan Mazeau writing the script.

The Hanna-Barbera series revolved around a young boy who travels the world with his scientist father, adopted brother from India, Bandit the bulldog, and a government agent assigned to protect them as they go on their adventures investigating scientific mysteries.

The show, which is owned by Warner Bros. Animation, aired during primetime on ABC in 1964, lasting only one season. It was updated in the late '80s and '90s as "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest" on the Cartoon Network. Property's also been spun off as a comic book from DC.

Askarieh, a longtime fan of the series, is hoping to turn the property into a family-friendly adventure franchise.

This should cool , Jonny quest was pretty cool.

I hope it's closer to the Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, which rocked.
The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest was one of the most awesome things, especially the first season before they got a producer who wanted to be 'faithful to the tone of the original series' and basically stripped Race of any character and re-cast the horrible Rob Paulsen (The Mask) as Hadji.

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest was one of the most awesome things, especially the first season before they got a producer who wanted to be 'faithful to the tone of the original series' and basically stripped Race of any character and re-cast the horrible Rob Paulsen (The Mask) as Hadji.

Until Real Adventures came out I always thought that Race was just some weirdo, but they managed to make him a really likable badass.

Until Real Adventures came out I always thought that Race was just some weirdo, but they managed to make him a really likable badass.
I like how they made him a guy who inflicted a severe spinal injury on a psychotic terrorist - leaving the guy chairbound and unable to speak without a microphone - and the show never once tried to apologize for it or try to insert some kind of 'explanatory morality' to that.

That show was awesome.

However, I can no longer think of Jonny Quest without thinking of the Harvey Birdman episode with Race and Dr. Quest.

"Are you guys, you know, a couple?"

"Sure we're a couple. A couple...of guys!"

I just noticed , most threads started by me end in a "!" I must have a ! fetish or something

I noticed it too. It irks me to no end.

Especially on the threads for movies that will most definitely suck. It makes you sound excited for crap.

I know , I only just noticed it :lol: the ! normally is meant to be a shocked reaction but I realise it has the effect you mentioned........and here comes the self loathing :(

Latest posts

Back