July is 'Ultimate Starts' month; Ultimate Arrival renamed "Extinction"

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
From Newsarama.com:

Today, at the first day of the Wizard World L.A., it was revealed in a segment of CUP 'O JOE, news on the Ultimate Universe.

"July will be the next Ultimate Starts month, featuring the debut of Mark Millar and Greg Land as the "Ultimate Fantastic Four creative team.

Also debuting that month is Warren Ellis' 3rd part of his Ultimate trilogy, Ultimate Extinction with an artist TBD.

- According to Quesada, the big reveal in the Ultimate Secret trilogy won't just be Galactus, but pieces of a conspiracy in the Ultimate Universe that were touched on way back in Ultimate Team-Up #2.

- Asked why Ultimate Iron Man is now 2 limited series as opposed to 1, Quesada said writer Orson Scott Card is simply having a blast. According to the E-I-C, Card was going to take the story to a certain point where another writer could pick it up, but he got so enthused as he wrote, he decided to tell the full story himself.

The new, longer story will spend more time delving into Tony Stark's childhood.

- There are no real plans for many new Ultimate characters. Galactus will be showing up of course, Ultimate Moon Knight will appear in Ultimate Spider-Man #79-84, and Ultimate Defender Damien Hellstorm will appear in The Ultimates #5 and guest-star here and there following.

Quesada reiterated what Marvel has said for years, it still wants to keep the Ultimate Universe down to a core of 4 or 5 books.

Ultimate X-Men #61-66 is the "Escape of Magneto" storyline.

- X-Men/Superman director Bryan Singer will begin his Ultimate X-Men storyline in December."

Last edited:
Also debuting that month is Warren Ellis' 3rd part of his Ultimate trilogy, Ultimate Extinction with an artist TBD.
So if Ultimate Secret #3 comes out in June, #4 and #5 will be both out in July as well, right?

DUDE!!!!!!! ESCAPE OF MAGNETO!!!!!! I cant wait to read that. I hope that it somehow mentions the Hulk and stuff like that. I cant wait to see Vaughan writing the Ultimates.

Isn't Ultimate Secret a four-parter? What the hell is Ultimate Extinction? I thought it was Arrival? Why do we need Damien Hellstorm to appear?

:roll:

When Hulk calmed down back in UMTU #2, he turned into Banner and talked to Spidey. I believe he said things like:
Big things are going to happen.
There's something big going on here.

You have the issue, go look.

Okay, now I can not wait for UX #61-66. I mean Magneto finally escapes. I have been waiting for that for the last year.

:D LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ProjectX2 said:
When Hulk calmed down back in UMTU #2, he turned into Banner and talked to Spidey. I believe he said things like:
Big things are going to happen.
There's something big going on here.

You have the issue, go look.

Huh. I always thought that was talking about the conspiracy behind the Super Soldier program.

UltimateE said:
Huh. I always thought that was talking about the conspiracy behind the Super Soldier program.

So did I.

I think that the only books in the Ultimate Marvel Team-Up that follow continuity. Are the first 3 issues. I mean Fury makes mention of the Hulk fight between him and Spider-Man. What the hell are they doing now

General Ross was in charge there i.e. pre-Fury.So he coulda known about the bigG,and been developing Hulk that way on purpose.Army of Hulks vs Galactus????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DIrishB said:
Icemastertron wrote:

I'm pretty sure Ultimate Secret is only 4 issues, and I believe Ultimate Extinction (formerly known as Ultimate Arrival) will also be four issues, though that may change.
Hehe, woops. Nightmare must still be in my mind. :lol:

July looks to definitely be Ultimate Starts Month:

UFF - Crossover arc begins
USM - Warriors arc begins
UXM - Escape of Magneto arc begins
ULTIMATES - Grand Theft America arc begins (maybe this is why there is no Ultimates in June)
and
Ultimate Extinction begins

ultimatekramer said:
July looks to definitely be Ultimate Starts Month:

UFF - Crossover arc begins
USM - Warriors arc begins
UXM - Escape of Magneto arc begins
ULTIMATES - Grand Theft America arc begins (maybe this is why there is no Ultimates in June)
and
Ultimate Extinction begins
TheManWithoutFear's 21st Birthday begins!!!

Thanks for noticein' Ultimate Kramer! :twisted:

Patriot said:
General Ross was in charge there i.e. pre-Fury.So he coulda known about the bigG,and been developing Hulk that way on purpose.Army of Hulks vs Galactus????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That crossed my mind too. What a way to go out.

Dunno, not too big on teamwork would an army of Hulks be. They'd take half of their numbers out in infighting. You know, calling each other gay and stuff :)

That article didn't even mention this, from CBR:

The biggest possible spoiler, however, came from a question in the audience, that practically silenced the panel. A man talked about Mark Millar discussing "Ultimate Extinction" and speaking of a Ultimate Marvel Universe crossover with the "Earth-616" Marvel we all know and love. "I think you've said too much," Quesada said with something of a shaky smile.

:shock:

Latest posts

Back