July is 'Ultimate Starts' month; Ultimate Arrival renamed "Extinction"

TheManWithoutFear said:
No but I don't know what to call those things they have in like the Avengers Handbook with just the name, first appearance, current status and whatnot. Strips? I guess?

Doll Box Stats.

Yes, good to have you around, MDR!

Also, I don't think we need an Ultimate Universe book just yet because we've still got things expanding and I think that, to make it worth it, we should elaborate on some lesser used characters and add more to the characters that have been developed to make the book worth while. I don't think it would be worth buying at this point.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Right, what he said. Thanks and Welcome MDR.

Yeah, no problem (but it's uh, "what she said" :p)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

And I agree with Goodwill. I don't know if the Ultimate Universe is big enough or developed enough to warrant a handbook just yet. Yeah there's a veritable ****load of characters walking around now but the vast majority aren't developed. We don't know anything real about them. 90% of the Ultimate Universe is made of guest-stars.

Last edited:
Baxter said:
I have never seen that word before in my life.

But hey! How goes it, welcome, and whatnot. :D

It goes okay ^^

And that's because Cubans and Puerto-Ricans don't like mate. They hate with a hate that is pure and true. Including me there's a total of three Cubericans out in the world, tops.

MDR said:
It goes okay ^^

And that's because Cubans and Puerto-Ricans don't like mate. They hate with a hate that is pure and true. Including me there's a total of three Cubericans out in the world, tops.
Ah, well then. I don't know any Cubans, only Puerto-Ricans. Couldn't have known.

Baxter said:
Ah, well then. I don't know any Cubans, only Puerto-Ricans. Couldn't have known.

Now you know one :p

I would have been surprised if you had known any Cubans. They don't leave the South Florida area once they get here. I've only ever met one up in Pennsylvania and she was half Canadian, poor kid :p

MDR said:
Now you know one :p

I would have been surprised if you had known any Cubans. They don't leave the South Florida area once they get here. I've only ever met one up in Pennsylvania and she was half Canadian, poor kid :p
Ew. :p

PA isn't much for deversity in general. Just alot of farms and malls, all populated by the same people over and over again, regaurdless of race.

Sounds like a good plan to me, too... If you'd like to continue to rank on my home court (Bax) then you can carry it over to the Lounge. ;) And, if I haven't said anything yet, welcome MDR! :)

Guijllons said:
Oh crap!

Surely just diversion tactics... surely

again I say, Oh crap!

actually, what's the status of Galactus in the 616 atm?
I have a feeling this is an allusion to the "Crossover"-arc that Millar is writing for Ultimate Fantastic Four, which in my head may or may not involve crossing timelines to reconcile the continuity errors of UFF and to a lesser extent, touch some of the characters in 616 (not necessarily a 616-crossover but certainly a mild brush with that universe).

Incidentally, compound had an unfinished idea for an Ultimate Spider-Man story featuring Ultimate Howard the Duck as a Dilbert-esque drone worker from Duckworld who arrives in the Ultimate universe because of a portal experiment by Jonathan Ohn a.k.a. 616's The Spot. (In my head, I take that story to another level and make it the absurd idea for a UFF/USM crossover mini).

Well, I'm actually hoping for one more than that. Although I don't believe this will ever happen, I sort of want this N-Zone "cross-over" to elapse the entire UU so that other stuff can be explained... There's no denying that the FF have made their mark in other Ultimate titles, whether it was mention of them or they appeared and that stuff, too, needs to be explained.

Anyway, I hope that we can stay away from Howard the Duck. ;) I'd love to see Spot, I think he'd be interesting to read, however, Howard the Duck is entirely too comical to have in USM, especially now.

And anything to do with portals (outside of the N-zone), can stay where it belongs in the 616 universe too. The UU is not just a whole new world of What if's. That's what the Exiles is for.

(And no, there should never be a UU/Exiles crossover either)

Well, excuse me for my ignorance and lack of concern for my fellow posters, but I put Exiles in the "joke comic" pile. Sadly, I'm not one to take it seriously and, if they were to come around and plague the Ultimate Universe, I'd immediately put it down. This goes for any 616 character, too, I can't tolerate Marvel littering my favorite comic books!

Latest posts

Back