July is 'Ultimate Starts' month; Ultimate Arrival renamed "Extinction"

I agree with you. I find Exiles a great read, but it's a very light book. It's just a bit of fun fluff. It should never be taken seriously in terms of continuity.
And watering down the UU with 616 characters and superfluous silliness isn't what any of us want.

Goodwill said:
Well, excuse me for my ignorance and lack of concern for my fellow posters, but I put Exiles in the "joke comic" pile. Sadly, I'm not one to take it seriously and, if they were to come around and plague the Ultimate Universe, I'd immediately put it down. This goes for any 616 character, too, I can't tolerate Marvel littering my favorite comic books!
The only Exiles continuity is Exiles continuity. IF they appear, it will be somewhere in the gap between Ultimates 1 and 2 most likely. I wouldn't mind it though. They come in, they go after 2-3 issues. Nothing to complain about even if you don't like it.

Caduceus said:
The only Exiles continuity is Exiles continuity. IF they appear, it will be somewhere in the gap between Ultimates 1 and 2 most likely. I wouldn't mind it though. They come in, they go after 2-3 issues. Nothing to complain about even if you don't like it.
The UU isn't just a different universe though, It's a whole new continuity. And allowing one such crossover would open the floodgates for lesser writers down the line to do whatever it is they please. We all know it's gonna get corrupted by some idiot who wants to 'do something a bit different' later down the line, but let's not allow them too much leeway.

Agreed. If they wanted to do something fun like they did in the team up issues with the Fantastic Four, I won't stop them. I won't read them becuase that sort of thing wouldn't entertain me enough but, Cad, you're right, it wouldn't hurt me too much. I just wouldn't want something like universe cross-overs because, as Guij pointed out, it would only give writers an oppurtunity to use weak storylines, weakening the scheme of the UU.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't read Exiles but if they're whole story is hopping between alternate realities I have no problem with a short Ultimate story on them.
But, they would have to be the Ultimate Exiles, not the same exiles from the series.
The UU isn't an alternate dimension to 616.

Guijllons said:
The UU is a totally new continuity, or so i believe. Which is why anything like a 616 crossover seems such as a cop out.
It really hasn't been established yet. I've always sort of assumed that its just a different Earth (eg 617 or something) but this may or may not be the case

I think I read something to that effect once. I'll have to see if I can dig it out. If I can't find it, I Shall have to assume that I dreamt it, and that means I'm dreaming about comic books.
Damn I wish I didn't dream about comic books.

Speaking of vague rememberances, I remember reading a summary of a limited series, another Magik one, where an Illyana from another dimension had a son and came to 616 to get him a body. In it, Ultimate Jean Grey and Wolverine showed up briefly. I'll try and find it

Guijllons said:
I Shall have to assume that I dreamt it, and that means I'm dreaming about comic books.
Damn I wish I didn't dream about comic books.

TheManWithoutFear said:
THat's what I mean... though I'm not sure what he means... but the EXILES are game to visit this UU.

cant wait :) I'd like the exiles to visit the Ultimate Universe. But think they should keep it in there own book and not be in the core Ultimate Titles

Nurhachi said:
cant wait :) I'd like the exiles to visit the Ultimate Universe. But think they should keep it in there own book and not be in the core Ultimate Titles
Absolutely. They don't come in for major things every arc, usually its fairly small stuff that has a larger impact in a preventative sense. Plus, it should definitely stay in their own book. Thats what its for

So, you're saying that Exiles is virtually a part from 616 and is its own continuity that can trapse around in other continuities, too? I would hope not.

To throw my hat into the ring, I always thought of the UU as a seperate continuity, not dimension. And the Exiles...are the Exiles. They're just Other.

Quick question: where the UFF ever mentioned in UXMen or did they ever meet or what, because I could have sworn they'd never been touched upon in the UX books.

I don't think they have, either, however, General Ross, who has shown up in UXM and UFF, is creating the problems between the two titles. As I'm sure you already know, Ross actually died and his death was confirmed to have died in UXM, however, showed up alive in UFF in recent issues. Ellis made it clear that Ross is alive in present time, so there's no cutting corners on this one.

I wouldn't say that the Ultimate universe was an alternate dimension to 616, but that they are both fully formed universes in thier own right. As for The Exiles, by thier nature they can go to the Ultimate Universe as it's just another material plane, same as 616.

Latest posts

Back