Justice Is Finally Served!!!!!

I was so sure Babel was going to win best picture I bought four options for it on the Hollywood Stock Exchange.

I think this would qualify as an upset.

The Departed still shoudn't won Best Picture, though. That award is rightfully Babel's.

I'll agree that the best picture of the year wasn't The Departed. In fact, I believe that the REAL best picture wasn't even nominated, and that was Children of Men. However, I found Babel pretty trite. It was well structured and the storyline could have been interesting, but it just rang the hollow and cold bell with me.

Still, I'm glad we're both in agreement that Scorcese deserves his win :).

couldn't believe my eyes, the academy gave martin scorsese an oscar (multi oscars actually)

and the departed is probably one of the worst movies of scorsese ever, i will never understand the academy, never ever

oops, wrong topic, but i can't delete it :(

he won the academy award with one of his worst movies ever, i will never ever understand the academy

Re: oh my god! scorsese has an oscar!

Well, aside from the fact that soembody (Entropy) started a thread just like this a while ago now, we already have an Oscar thread, so both are pretty much extraneous.

This will pay off for me on the HSX game, since I had this option picked for the Oscar awards (Best Director). This was a good year for Scorsese and all involved with The Departed... good Oscars overall.

Yeah, like I said, I said some options on Babel for best picture. Oh well.

I really messed up today though, as described in the HSX thread, but everything's been taken care of and I'm ready to start ruling again soon.

Although I was underwhelmed by The Departed I'd much rather he won it for this than The Aviator or... *shudder* Gangs of New York *ptoo!*.
They should have given it to him for Taxi Driver years ago.

But then again, the Academy Awards have a bad habit of giving Oscars to people long after the film they should have gotten it for. I mean, Al Pacino deserved his Oscar when he did Dog Day Afternoon but they had to wait until he was over fifty years old and pretended to be blind in Scent of a Woman.

On the other hand, anybody notice how the younger the actor the more doom-inducing an Academy Award is? I'm referring here to Charlize Theron and Halle Berry. Neither actress really impresses or offends me, but they haven't really done anything noteworthy since then.

Okay fine, Berry did something noteworthy. It was called Catwoman and it stank. Now there's The Perfect Stranger, which is also going to stink, I guarantee it. She's an African-American hybrid mix of Sally Field and Sandra Bullock.

Latest posts

Back