Justice League Movie

Either Justice League would have to take place between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (not likely though), or Bruce is persuaded (either by himself, the events going on to bring the JL together, etc) to take up the Batman persona again after the events of TDK Rises. Of course what that means for John Blake remains to be seen...

Justice league movie villain

So I know most might say no but for the justice league movie when it comes out in a few years, I say the main villain in it could be brainiac and have him invade, or if not maybe have the villains of each of the heros have their own team before the heros have theirs and cause a bunch of chaos but I know most people will want darksied as the main villain in order to stick to the comics. Just 2 other ideas though.

Sent from my iPhone using ComicBoard

So I know most might say no but for the justice league movie when it comes out in a few years, I say the main villain in it could be brainiac and have him invade, or if not maybe have the villains of each of the heros have their own team before the heros have theirs and cause a bunch of chaos but I know most people will want darksied as the main villain in order to stick to the comics. Just 2 other ideas though. Sent from my iPhone using ComicBoard

Eh, I'd prefer they not use Brainiac since we just had an alien invasion subplot in Man of Steel with the Kryptonians.

I say let The Justice League take on The Board of Directors at DC Comics. They are the biggest threat to the DC Universe.

I'm at a bit of a loss for who would make the ideal villain for this. Darkseid strikes me as a bit too similar to Thanos. Starro is pretty silly, but you could do an Invasion of the Bodysnatchers type thing with him. I suppose a loose adaptation of Morrison's JLA arc with the white martians could have a lot of potential, and it's got a pretty solid core. Supercreatures come to Earth offering to fix all of humanity's problems, but it's too good to be true.

Whatever they do, I think making GL and Flash the centerpiece would be the right way to go. By then, the audience will already be well familiar with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Make Flash the counterpoint to them, as the young superhero who's actually loved by his community and John Stewart as the military man sent to keep tabs on the rogue superhumans. Use the two as perspective characters for the audience and make the blossoming friendship between the two the heart of the story.

Last edited:
I'm at a bit of a loss for who would make the ideal villain for this. Darkseid strikes me as a bit too similar to Thanos. Starro is pretty silly, but you could do an Invasion of the Bodysnatchers type thing with him. I suppose a loose adaptation of Morrison's JLA arc with the white martians could have a lot of potential, and it's got a pretty solid core. Supercreatures come to Earth offering to fix all of humanity's problems, but it's too good to be true. Whatever they do, I think making GL and Flash the centerpiece would be the right way to go. By then, the audience will already be well familiar with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Make Flash the counterpoint to them, as the young superhero who's actually loved by his community and John Stewart as the military man sent to keep tabs on the rogue superhumans. Use the two as perspective characters for the audience and make the blossoming friendship between the two the heart of the story.

Obviously it'll be the Joker. ;)

I can't see why you're surprised by any of that news. Or even disappointed since it was so obvious. I mean I can understand disappointment in Snyder directing JL or WW not getting a solo movie anytime soon, but really, that was to be expected based on WB's overall handling of the DC franchise.

I don't see why I can't be disappinted that WB keeps giving these gigs to the same hack that has repeatedly turned out lackluster movies (Man of Steel was ok, but lackluster). There was a rumor that WB wanted Affleck to take the wheel after Batman/Superman, which made a certain amount of sense, but I guess not. Looking back over my issues with Man of Steel, almost all of them have to do with the direction. I just don't get it. I keep trying to stay optimistic, and withhold judgment until the movie comes out, but Snyder really hasn't earned that.

I don't see why I can't be disappinted that WB keeps giving these gigs to the same hack that has repeatedly turned out lackluster movies (Man of Steel was ok, but lackluster). There was a rumor that WB wanted Affleck to take the wheel after Batman/Superman, which made a certain amount of sense, but I guess not. Looking back over my issues with Man of Steel, almost all of them have to do with the direction. I just don't get it. I keep trying to stay optimistic, and withhold judgment until the movie comes out, but Snyder really hasn't earned that.

Seriously. The thought that Affleck might take over directing was the one serious ray of hope I had.

I don't see why I can't be disappinted that WB keeps giving these gigs to the same hack that has repeatedly turned out lackluster movies (Man of Steel was ok, but lackluster).

You definitely can be disappointed, as are many of us. I just mistook that disappointment for surprised disappointment, and was just saying "Well, it shouldn't really surprise anyone." And lackluster is a perfect description for MoS. Much as I've defended it in certain regards, I agree it has a mess of problems.

There was a rumor that WB wanted Affleck to take the wheel after Batman/Superman, which made a certain amount of sense, but I guess not. Looking back over my issues with Man of Steel, almost all of them have to do with the direction. I just don't get it. I keep trying to stay optimistic, and withhold judgment until the movie comes out, but Snyder really hasn't earned that.

Agreed.

Seriously. The thought that Affleck might take over directing was the one serious ray of hope I had.

I'm really surprised he didn't. Maybe that's not a good sign in terms of the script for Batman/Superman or even the outlines/treatments for JL itself.

You definitely can be disappointed, as are many of us. I just mistook that disappointment for surprised disappointment, and was just saying "Well, it shouldn't really surprise anyone." And lackluster is a perfect description for MoS. Much as I've defended it in certain regards, I agree it has a mess of problems.

I get where you're coming from. I wasn't really surprised. For whatever reason Snyder seems like he's WB's guy.

At this point, I don't even really know what to make of WB's up coming DC movies. I understand the desire to get a Justice League movie made quickly, but I think they're trying to do too much too fast. I don't necessarily think they have to go the Marvel route, but I do think they'd have been smart to lay down at least a couple solo films before JL. I think a Batman/Superman movie (meaning ONLY Batman and Superman), Wonder Woman and Flash movie would have been enough, and then they could have gone to JL. I guess we'll see though. I'm interested to see some footage or pictures of costumes.

1001961_643433142378739_2016500385332335262_n.png

Ice, you know, sometimes your posts just make my day better :D

Latest posts

Back