Justice Society of America discussion (Spoilers!)

So anyone read #5? I thought it was really good. the crossover with the JLA is turning out really well.

It starts off with Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock at Arkham where people are seeing their nightmares come to life. Suddenly Batman, Geo-Force, Sandman and Starman show up to find another member of the Legion. Sandman warns Batman that he saw a vision of him being torn to shreds inside Arkham but he doesn't even answer. Batman decides it's Dr. Destiny inside and Starman tells them Dream Girl is inside. Geo-Force notices that he has the same powers as Staman and Sandman (kind of snooty too) and Starman tells him he smells like mud. They think of a way to get in but Starman (as he's crazyer than a bag of ferrets as they say) just goes through the front door. They go inside and start wondering what the nightmares of the inmates are. Batman tells them that it's him and they start fighting about twenty Batman's throughout the ages. Sandman attacks Dr. Destiny but Destiny has contro of Dream Girl and sends the image of Kenz Nuhor (I guess an old Legion villain) against him. Starman tells her Lightning Lad in some futuristic language and Dream Girl wakes up and tells Dr. Destiny he'll be tortured before he dies.

It then cuts to the Fortress of Solitude with Superman, Red Tornado, Stargirl and Cyclone. Cyclone starts talking to Red Tornado about being a human and Red Tornado gets along with her. They look at statues of all of the Legion members and Superman tells them that they were his only friends when he was a kid. Cyclone notices that there are two statues of Wildfire and Superman wakes him up. He tells them about a storm and Batman's belt explodes out of his chest.

So anyone have any suggestions on what other members of the Legion will show up? Since we allready have Karate Kid, Starman, Dream Girl and Wildfire I thikn the original three Lightning LAd, Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl will show up.

It was good. 4.5/5 I think JOhns is one of the best writers right now.

I am SOOOOOO ready for the Legion to coem back. So, so ready.

I hope they're not toying with me.

Although I'll miss the post-Zero Hour Legion, which I read every month for a decade. Even thinking about them going away makes me want to cry.

But the original Legion is fantastic too.

I'm following JLA and JSA since infinite crisis and this lightning saga thing has really got me intrigued, just a lovely set-up. I don't which one I prefer at the minute, being more familiar with JLA and JSA having loadsa members I haven't got to know the characters enough yet, i can't really decide. but anyway I'm NOT reading supergirl and legion of superheroes and i was wondering if what's going on in that series was relevant to what's going on here?

I'm following JLA and JSA since infinite crisis and this lightning saga thing has really got me intrigued, just a lovely set-up. I don't which one I prefer at the minute, being more familiar with JLA and JSA having loadsa members I haven't got to know the characters enough yet, i can't really decide. but anyway I'm NOT reading supergirl and legion of superheroes and i was wondering if what's going on in that series was relevant to what's going on here?

No. That's a completely different Legion of Super-Heroes timeline than the one in Justice League/Justice Society. And it sucks.

ok cool cuz while i've read some JLA stories from Morrison's run and asorted other DC stories, I jumped on after infinite crisis with JLA and JSA, I'm thinking of picking up some trades of other one year later arcs to get into the DCU. The people at comic pants were all complaining that there was too much continuity to know to get these titles but I'm understanding them fine.

Green Lantern, Teen Titans and Robin are all pretty good OYL. And don't forget the Superman/Action Comics crossover.

jsa is totally my favorite title right now.

i'm really digging on crazy as hell starman, and thank god they made sandman sandman again. spooky and mysterious and referencing semi-out-of-continuity things is exactly what sandman ought to be.

and nobody liked sandy hawkins as look-at-me-i-can-turn-into-silicon man.

it was the worst man of all.

Last edited:
jsa is totally my favorite title right now.

i'm really digging on crazy as hell starman, and thank god they made sandman sandman again. spooky and mysterious and referencing semi-out-of-continuity things is exactly what sandman ought to be.

and nobody liked sandy hawkins as look-at-me-i-can-turn-into-silicon man.

it was the worst man of all.

I take it he's your favorite hero.

Hey, it's cool. Sandman's awesome. I allways liked the regular DCU one to the Vertigo one.

ayuh, but they're tough to compare- the characters are so vastly different and the context is miles apart.

ayuh, but they're tough to compare- the characters are so vastly different and the context is miles apart.

I know. I just couldn't ever get into Vertigo. I'm more of an old school superhero kind of guy. That's not anything against Neil Gaiman, I though 1602 was great. I know Sandman's a good book, it's just not one I would ever really get into.

yeah, i think it's an easier to use neil gaiman's novels to segue into sandman than anything else; it's a very not-comicky comic, if i may use a less open definition.

Last edited:
I did like how Johns addressed JLA #0 when Liberty Belle and Wonder Woman were talking about marrage. It's a good nod to Wonder Woman getting married in the future as detailed in JLA #0.

I did like how Johns addressed JLA #0 when Liberty Belle and Wonder Woman were talking about marrage. It's a good nod to Wonder Woman getting married in the future as detailed in JLA #0.

I didn't even notice that, but yeah. It's dope.

The one thing I don't like is how the new Wildcat has been portrayed since the Lightning Saga began. It doesn't really jive with the little bit we saw of the character in that first arc. And I liked that character.

I didn't even notice that, but yeah. It's dope.

The one thing I don't like is how the new Wildcat has been portrayed since the Lightning Saga began. It doesn't really jive with the little bit we saw of the character in that first arc. And I liked that character.

Yah I know. He turned from being kind of unsure about being a hero and now he's a huge cocky ***. Even Vixen called him a *****.

You think the legion of super heroes is gonna tie-in with the resurrection of kal-l? That was previewed in the JSA first issue, and the last part of lightning saga is in JLA so I don't think it'll happen there, but like however they plan on resurecting whoever, someone could use the same technique to bring back kal-l to life.

You think the legion of super heroes is gonna tie-in with the resurrection of kal-l? That was previewed in the JSA first issue, and the last part of lightning saga is in JLA so I don't think it'll happen there, but like however they plan on resurecting whoever, someone could use the same technique to bring back kal-l to life.

I think it's more likely the "resurrection" of Kal-L will have something to do with the new Earth-2, which seems to resemble the classic Earth-2, except Superman and Power Girl are missing.

Latest posts

Back