Kaffe

Wasp

Banned
Vilken typ av kaffe gör du dricker?
{What kind of coffee do you drink?}

Because it's a scientific fact. Caffeine is an addictive psychoactive stimulant(I'm assuming we weren't talking about decaf here, though).

Splitting hairs here, but coffee itself is not a drug.

It's still awful and I'm surprised so many people here hate it. I won't touch the stuff. People are slaves to coffee - it's pathetic.

Yum, it's delicious. Although I only drink to wake up or to keep from falling asleep, not as a casual beverage. It's also keeping my kid from succumbing to apnea, so it has plenty of benefits, but like all things, it should be used in moderation. Technically, yes caffeine is a drug, but to classify it with narcotic and phsychotic drugs is a bit much. If you have to go out of your way to OD on coffee or caffeine, you're ****ing stupid, you're family is stupid and if you have children, I'm sorry but they'll probably be stupid too. If you can practice moderation, then you have no problem.

Tea has caffeine. I'm sure more than likely, peeps here enjoy a nice herbal tea, iced Lipton or even a refreshing Coke. Even some OTC drugs contain caffeine even as an inactive ingrediant. Hell, Johnson & Johnson products contain formaldehyde and isn't required to display it on products because it's an inactive ingrediant. Point being, caffeine is in more places than you would think, but in coffee it's delicious.

Splitting hairs here, but coffee itself is not a drug.

Like I said, I assumed we weren't talking about decaf.

Yum, it's delicious. Although I only drink to wake up or to keep from falling asleep, not as a casual beverage. It's also keeping my kid from succumbing to apnea, so it has plenty of benefits, but like all things, it should be used in moderation. Technically, yes caffeine is a drug, but to classify it with narcotic and phsychotic drugs is a bit much. If you have to go out of your way to OD on coffee or caffeine, you're ****ing stupid, you're family is stupid and if you have children, I'm sorry but they'll probably be stupid too. If you can practice moderation, then you have no problem.

Tea has caffeine. I'm sure more than likely, peeps here enjoy a nice herbal tea, iced Lipton or even a refreshing Coke. Even some OTC drugs contain caffeine even as an inactive ingrediant. Hell, Johnson & Johnson products contain formaldehyde and isn't required to display it on products because it's an inactive ingrediant. Point being, caffeine is in more places than you would think, but in coffee it's delicious.

Whether or not it's hard to actually OD on(like weed), the absolute only reason caffeine isn't usually classified with other illegal, addictive drugs is subjective cultural hypnosis. And I don't even admonish it as a recreational drug, being a Coca-Cola fan myself. I just get so sick of the fact that virtually all my friends and family, from their mid-teens up, have an often-debilitating drug addiction. Especially when they use it as a somehow-professionally-acceptable excuse for listlessness and irritability, and extra-especially when they and their employers are active drugophobes for everything else.

Anyway, I didn't mean to derail the whole thread or really think everyone who's into coffee is a drug addict(although most of them are), it's just the strange reverence for coffee and "coffee culture" everywhere that drives me up the wall, as well as ignorance to the fact that caffeinated coffee is, concretely, a drug.

E said:
It's still awful and I'm surprised so many people here hate it. I won't touch the stuff. People are slaves to coffee - it's pathetic.

Well now that's.... usin' your bean!

I have recently become addicted to tea but I still have no interest in coffee.

You crazy Swedish coffee-obsessed bastard.

Latest posts

Back