Keith Giffen Interview On New Blue Beetle series

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
On News-A-Rama is a interview with Blue Beetle creator Keith Giffen on the new Blue Beetle series.

Yet Giffen says the new Blue Beetle is no Ted Kord, and that he's the one who helped come up with the concept. The new Blue Beetle ongoing series, co-written by Giffen and John Rogers with Cully Hamner on art, will feature a whole new character donning the mantle of Blue Beetle

Click on the link for the full interview.

I might give this a try.

I'm still iffy about this. Ted was one of my favorite characters and he hasn't had his own solo series in over a decade. Now that he's a dead, a new Beetle comes along and gets his own series? Not to mention that Giffen says it's a completely different character. I just don't know. It sounds like something will be lost with this.

New Interview on News-A-Rama with Keith Giffen

"Ted Kord is dead. There's no zombie stuff. It's not going to be Blue Beetle vs. Blue Beetle. I should say, that's never going to happen as long as I'm on the book. And I believe that John Rogers, who is the guy doing the dialogue on the book -- my co-writer, actually -- is also pretty well dedicated to seeing that it's a Blue Beetle book, that it stands on its own, and that it doesn't sink into that kind of, "gee I think I'll churn up a cliché.

Beetle01.jpg

DIrishB said:
You realize you just said the same thing twice, right?
I meant "completely different" as in it shares no similarities to Ted. Watch it be a blue-collar minority figure, possibly a female. It worked for Firestorm, minus the female part.

Doc Comic said:
I meant "completely different" as in it shares no similarities to Ted. Watch it be a blue-collar minority figure, possibly a female. It worked for Firestorm, minus the female part.

Ahhh, ok. As for it possibly being a female, if thats the case she's got a chest like Nicole Bass, minus the implants.

I'm assuming that the fingertips are like that to allow him to scale walls.

I'm hoping that the "bugpack", as it's so called, will fold open into wings to allow him to fly, like the Blue Beetle in Kingdom Come. I always thought that was the logical next step.

...Not only is it called Blue Monday, but its got him vrs a "crazy" Guy Gardner. I now love this series.

Latest posts

Back