Kirkman column with 2 pages of pencils from UXM 67

Re: Two Pages From UXM 67

Great artwork, but who the hell are they? I'm guessing it's someone new, and the guys with guns and the girl are nobody important.

roguefan said:
Looks like Angel.

I thought the same thing, but where are the wings??

I think this is our new character. The Magician, maybe??

Screw the pic.......the article itself is the best thing I've read in a while.

I like his "no-bullsh*t/upfront" attitude.

Victor Von Doom said:
Screw the pic.......the article itself is the best thing I've read in a while.

I like his "no-bullsh*t/upfront" attitude.

"If you've ever said "I could never draw comics, but I know I could write them," you're not going to make it. That said, I could never draw a comic, but I know I could write them. It's different for me because I have written comics. But if you think that drawing comics is too hard and you think you could write comics because you like comics, but actually have no actual writing talent... you are an idiot. If you are an idiot, this is not going to work."

:lol:

As for the pages, they look better than what I've seen of Raney previously, but for a true improvement they'd have to change inker and colorist too.

icemastertron said:
Oh, and great find, by the way. :)

I always read Kirkman's column so it wasn't that big of a find.:wink:

Good find. But it seems to be the most unrecognizeable preview ever. Do we think Lilandra is going to join the team or just hook up with Xavier? Because this new guy could be the new member and all of this could be his "origin". The characters around him are minor. It's definitely not Angel.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good find. But it seems to be the most unrecognizeable preview ever. Do we think Lilandra is going to join the team or just hook up with Xavier? Because this new guy could be the new member and all of this could be his "origin". The characters around him are minor. It's definitely not Angel.

I think Lilandra will just be a recurring character, not a member of the team.

UltimateE said:
As for the pages, they look better than what I've seen of Raney previously, but for a true improvement they'd have to change inker and colorist too.
Yes, that would help a lot.

I liked the article. Not exactly the best article you could read for encouraging more people to enter the comic industry, but it's a great way to stop the naivete of many aspiring, yet untalented people out there.

cmdrjanjalani said:
I liked the article. Not exactly the best article you could read for encouraging more people to enter the comic industry, but it's a great way to stop the naivete of many aspiring, yet untalented people out there.

Sadly, I would think that it would discouage people who have talent but no confidence, and wouldn't do anything to people who are overly confident and have no talent.

I'm trying to think of a character that may have shown up earlier in the series that this could be... It's entirely possible a person from the past is coming up on the X-Men.

Goodwill said:
I'm trying to think of a character that may have shown up earlier in the series that this could be... It's entirely possible a person from the past is coming up on the X-Men.

Similarly, does anyone think that that cover with Sabretooths claws is deliberately misleading? Could it be someone else? In the recent UXM handbook, it has Sabes down as dead, without the merest hint that 'things may not be as they seem' or some such.

Anywho, the thing about Raneys pencils is it's hard to tell differences between characters, especially one who looks as cookie cut as this fellow. I'm guessing it's someone brand new.

Wait... Wildchild? As in Kyle Gibney? I don't think so... Besides, I don't think I would want a "poor man's Wolverine" outside of Sabertooth.

Anyway, I'd like to continue the conversation about my theory that this character is not new - but Wolverine as a teenager. It's definitely a possibility, seeing as how this character has been so hard to define for us. He's pretty much a cookie cutter comic character which is making our heads turn.

Also, I believe PX2 mentioned that this character may be Geldoff. I think if Kirkman took care of that loose end, I'd really enjoy reading about that. Although I think Bendis is gradually going to take care of it (Seeing as how he mentioned Latveria coming up with their own super soldier program), I think if it was taken care of in UXM it would be a much better story. We'll see, though... Like I said, heads are turning!

Fuzzy Birds said:
Similarly, does anyone think that that cover with Sabretooths claws is deliberately misleading? Could it be someone else? In the recent UXM handbook, it has Sabes down as dead, without the merest hint that 'things may not be as they seem' or some such.
That's because:

A.) He is dead at the moment

B.) If it said he wasn't, or gave a clue, that would spoiling, and the handbook wouldn't do that.

The handbook does suggest a few things, though. I believe there was a thread about just that before the site went bonkers... I've never been able to find a handbook, though, so I'm not so sure.

Latest posts

Back