Kirkman talks about what's coming up in Ultimate X-Men

Woah...

I'm glad that Kirkman FINALLY has enough room in this title to flex some of his muscles. He's introducing new characters and adding to what has already been established in the title... It sounds like a recipe for a successful run on the title. I hope that Kirkman is recognized as much as Vaughan and Millar on this run.

The death should carry weight... The only person I think would be a good candidate is Xavier. I think there are a lot of directions they can take the characters if he were taken out of the equation. It would be an interesting concept that should be written out.

The future stuff sounds kind of iffy... But the good thing about that is that Kirkman realizes that. I think he knows what he's doing - especially with Cable.

I'm a bit put off by the responses to my question. I care about Singer and I love Kirkman's run. I'm not some fanboy whose dying for Singer to jump on and kick Kirkman to the curb. If Kirkman's talking about Apocalypse and Pheonix I'm wondering if Singer's run will focus solely on Magneto so that the dynamic of whose on the X-Team won't affect his story and the fact that things like an ultimate AoA and Phoenix background won't put him in a position where he has to just say to Marvel: "well all of my ideas won't work now and I'm busy enough as is... so I guess I should just not write it." In case anyone's forgotten Singer's the man responsible for the success of the X-Men outside of the comics. So the negativity should be kept in check.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm a bit put off by the responses to my question. I care about Singer and I love Kirkman's run. I'm not some fanboy whose dying for Singer to jump on and kick Kirkman to the curb. If Kirkman's talking about Apocalypse and Pheonix I'm wondering if Singer's run will focus solely on Magneto so that the dynamic of whose on the X-Team won't affect his story and the fact that things like an ultimate AoA and Phoenix background won't put him in a position where he has to just say to Marvel: "well all of my ideas won't work now and I'm busy enough as is... so I guess I should just not write it." In case anyone's forgotten Singer's the man responsible for the success of the X-Men outside of the comics. So the negativity should be kept in check.

Just because he made a couple good movies doesnt give him license to have a set story idea and expect that the ultimate universe to revolve around his maybe-gonna-do-it-someday future.

Im all for a Singer story, but it better be able to adapt to whatever changes the writers now have in store.

TheManWithoutFear said:

I know it was said before---but how long was Singer's run supposed to last? 6 issues? 12 issues?

Although the UU is being overrun by minis and crossovers....I think it would just be best for Singer to do a UXM mini similar to Ultimate Wolverine Vs Hulk and just make sure it fits into continuity. Let it take place after Ultimate Cable but before anything Kirkman wants to do after that arc. That way it fits within continuity but doesn't screw with anything Kirkman has planned.

Especially since Kirkman has been signed on to do UXM until whenever.

I actually liked X3 a lot better than both of Singer's X-men movies. Go Brett Ratner!

Victor Von Doom said:
If that's what you need to tell yourself in order to sleep at night.

Anyways......

X-men...Kirkman...
Haha ok than.

Anyway I like Date Night but I don't like any of the other arcs so far. I know for a fact that Cable will be good and if it isn't than Kirkman will be hated forever, which wont happen. :D

what if Cable knocks off Chuck....

now you have a school with no headmaster. :wink:

It forces the kids to grow up a bit......or it opens the door for the Hellfire Club to take back what was originally theirs: Phoenix & all the money she siphoned from them!!!

.....or he kills Mystique, Prof. X's cat, just to be a jerk!!!!! :lol:

I didn't particularly like any of the X-Men movies, but X3 was probably one of the better ones, excluding all of the crappy mutant nobodies.

Anyway, I hope Kirkman improves on UXM. He can be a good writing, and I hope the Cable arc rocks.

ProjectX2 said:
I didn't particularly like any of the X-Men movies, but X3 was probably one of the better ones, excluding all of the crappy mutant nobodies.

Anyway, I hope Kirkman improves on UXM. He can be a good writing, and I hope the Cable arc rocks.
X2, X-Men, X3 is the proper order of X-Men movies. Starting with the best.

But yeah. Cable. Might have to check this out. Kirkman has me all looking forward to ****.

Yeah, if I had a choice... I would've chosen to keep Cable out of the UU altogether. I think there are a lot of directions the X-Men to go without him, you know?

Re: Kirkman talks about upcoming Ult X

MaxwellSmart said:
My bet for who's going to die is Nightcrawler.

Very, very unlikely. That Annual made him almost as untouchable as Wolverine in the near future.

You don't go to the trouble of setting up a story like that unless you intend to run with it with following stories. Typically with a redemption arc. Or perhaps with a further descent into villainy in which case he'll also stick around for a while.

No way is NC dying in the next arc or so, IMO, it would leave too many questions unanswered.

Last edited:
yeah, they could really run like hell with this one. And since NC is a veteran character, if he goes villain, he could be a bigger threat than Magneto, potentially. Or maybe join the brotherhood at that.

On the other hand, Night Crawler could be responsible for the annunced death of a character in the next arc.

That would be a shocking and extreme!

Last edited:
I haven't been overly impressed with Kirkman's run, because it always felt like a filler run. Knowing what he's capable of without constraits, though, I'm very excited for the Cable arc.

Professor X is going to bite it. Cable is back to show Professor X's not-so-saintlike side.

I am almost expecting Cable to be future longshot (if he is future anyone). The eye-glowing thing, the white hair...who else?

Sacred&Profane said:
I haven't been overly impressed with Kirkman's run, because it always felt like a filler run. Knowing what he's capable of without constraits, though, I'm very excited for the Cable arc.

Professor X is going to bite it. Cable is back to show Professor X's not-so-saintlike side.

I am almost expecting Cable to be future longshot (if he is future anyone). The eye-glowing thing, the white hair...who else?
...I hate you. I hate you cause thats what its gonna be, and you just sucked all the life out of this storyline.

**** you.

Latest posts

Back