Kirkman talks about what's coming up in Ultimate X-Men

Sacred&Profane said:
I haven't been overly impressed with Kirkman's run, because it always felt like a filler run. Knowing what he's capable of without constraits, though, I'm very excited for the Cable arc.

Professor X is going to bite it. Cable is back to show Professor X's not-so-saintlike side.

I am almost expecting Cable to be future longshot (if he is future anyone). The eye-glowing thing, the white hair...who else?

I really hope not. Longshot was too stupid of a character to be cable.

Ultimate Bishop!!!:D

Sacred&Profane said:
I haven't been overly impressed with Kirkman's run, because it always felt like a filler run. Knowing what he's capable of without constraits, though, I'm very excited for the Cable arc.

Professor X is going to bite it. Cable is back to show Professor X's not-so-saintlike side.

I am almost expecting Cable to be future longshot (if he is future anyone). The eye-glowing thing, the white hair...who else?
If I remember right Longshot also has 3 fingers. Cable seems to have normal hands.

McCheese said:
If I remember right Longshot also has 3 fingers. Cable seems to have normal hands.

Yeah... Good.

I think Cable will be Cannonball... I dunno why, but that's who Cable was supposed to be originally

E.Vi.L. said:
On the other hand, Night Crawler could be responsible for the annunced death of a character in the next arc.

That would be a shocking and extreme!

It would also be completely out of character. I'm seeing a lot of "Nightcrawler is the ultimate evil now" and I think people are misinterpreting him because of the Annual. I don't think he has it in him to kill someone, without influence, let alone a member of his team.

Nightcrawler was just confused and angry, If he wanted to kill someone he would already done it.

Cable looks exactly like in 616 so i dont see why people think he will be someone like Longshot or cannonball.

E.Vi.L. said:
On the other hand, Night Crawler could be responsible for the annunced death of a character in the next arc.

That would be a shocking and extreme!

Maybe the whole point of Cable coming is to either ensure that the person die or to prevent the person dying.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It would also be completely out of character. I'm seeing a lot of "Nightcrawler is the ultimate evil now" and I think people are misinterpreting him because of the Annual. I don't think he has it in him to kill someone, without influence, let alone a member of his team.

He murdered for Weapon X. It's a thin line.

Such an hypothetical outcome could be written well. And it wouldn't make him the ultimate evil. People have walked the path of nice guy to self destruction since time began.

Personnally I expect some sort of redemption of NC but not before some more pain.

Last edited:
Personally, I thinkt he whole Nightcrawler thing is irrelevant. Sure, NC is officially a creep, but I don't think he's a monster in the respect that he could kill someone. He was terrified of Weapon X... Imagine what happened to him when he disobeyed his superiors... I think he's redeemed himself from Weapon X, but there are some characteristics that he picked up there that he still hasn't shaken. Mind you, this is based off of what I've heard about the Annual and from what I read in the title. I dunno...

I think Cable has a lot to do with the death...

Also, I wonder how he'll get to the present... Do you think that's his new power? Time hopping?

Goodwill said:
Also, I wonder how he'll get to the present... Do you think that's his new power? Time hopping?

Time travel is already well established in the UU, at least with UFF. I reaqlly dont think Cables power would be time hopping (or else why would he stick around?), hell get here through technological means.

what if Ultimate Cable isn't tied into the UXM continiuty......maybe he's an Ultimization of a different Ultimate character from a different book?

or my 3rd theory (cause I think about these things at this place called "work"):

what if it's Doug Ramsey & his arm contains a version of the Ultimate Phalanx

Ultimate MJ said:
Time travel is already well established in the UU, at least with UFF. I reaqlly dont think Cables power would be time hopping (or else why would he stick around?), hell get here through technological means.
Maybe he'll use the FF time machine in the future

Cable...
is probably Xavier's son (Not David) but he's a criminal from the future who jacked the 4's flux capacitor and jumped to wreck Charlie's day and Bishop and Domino are there to stop him from messing up the time line

Latest posts

Back