Kirkman to unveil Ultimate Shi'ar?

Lynx

Robert Kirkman has revealed in Wizard that he has plans to ultimitize Lilandra as Xavier's new girlfriend. She claims to be a Shi'ar and from space, but Kirkman also said, "is she telling the truth?"

Last edited:
Re: Shi'ar being ultimitized?! Say it ain't so!

Lynx said:
And I'm not talkin about Ultimate X4. Kirkman has revealed in Wizard that he has plans to ultimitzie Liliandris as Xavier's new girlfriend. She calims to be Shi'ar and from space, but Krikman also said is she telling the truth?

If she is a Shi'ar. . .I'll consider dropping the book. I HATE the Shi'ar. Aliens are up there with Time Travel in the X-men. They have NO place in the book.

Ummmm, what about the Chitauri in The Ultimates? Or the alternate dimension aliens Nihil oversaw in UFF? Or the Kree in Ultimate Secret?

I see where you're coming from, but don't judge until you get a better sense of the way he intends to present it, you know? Just because the Ultimate universe is more "realistic" (which it really isn't, since also involves super-people, mutants who shoots lasers out of their eyes, aliens in the other titles, etc) doesn't mean it can't work. Besides, its been said there are 12-13 different alien species already living on Earth...why can't the Shi'ar be one of them?

DIrishB said:
Ummmm, what about the Chitauri in The Ultimates? Or the alternate dimension aliens Nihil oversaw in UFF? Or the Kree in Ultimate Secret?

I see where you're coming from, but don't judge until you get a better sense of the way he intends to present it, you know? Just because the Ultimate universe is more "realistic" (which it really isn't, since also involves super-people, mutants who shoots lasers out of their eyes, aliens in the other titles, etc) doesn't mean it can't work. Besides, its been said there are 12-13 different alien species already living on Earth...why can't the Shi'ar be one of them?

Oh, I have no problem with ALIENS, just not in X-men. X-men is about MUTANTS, not aliens or time travel.

And Galactus is a different story, that's an earth-shattering threat. Why would the Shi'ar have anything to do with mutants?

Lynx said:
Oh, I have no problem with ALIENS, just not in X-men. X-men is about MUTANTS, not aliens or time travel.

And Galactus is a different story, that's an earth-shattering threat. Why would the Shi'ar have anything to do with mutants?

The same or similar reasons they do in 616 I would assume. Why would the Ultimates have anything to do with aliens? And whats this about time travel? They're hopping around time now too? I don't know if I like that.

DIrishB said:
The same or similar reasons they do in 616 I would assume. Why would the Ultimates have anything to do with aliens? And whats this about time travel? They're hopping around time now too? I don't know if I like that.

They're not hoping around in time yet, but I'm just pointing out that it's one of two things I wish would never happen in X-men.

As for why the Shi'ar are involved with the X-men, it's because they basically contacted Xavier because of both his peacful deamenor and his intellegence.
They also had quite a bit to do with Dark Pheonix. To me, I always thought of this as weak, especially since the X-men should be focusing on mutant problems, not alien problems. As for why the Ultimates would be involved with aliens is because the Ultimates are meant as a defense force. If an alien race is a threat, they fight them. And the Fantastic Four deal with aliens because they're explorers. The Shi'ar simply don't fit with the X-men theme.

Last edited:

What more did Kirkman say about Ultimate X-Men in Wizard, Lynx?

Hi-Fi said:
What more did Kirkman say about Ultimate X-Men in Wizard, Lynx?

Nothing else, except that we're getting the Magician as a new character (Which we already knew).

Can't post a link, since it's in the magazine.

Thanks for the info, Lynx.

Did he say when will Lilandra appear? And did he mention if she will be part of the team?

I must say i agree...please no aliens in this x-universe.

Hi-Fi said:
Thanks for the info, Lynx.

Did he say when will Lilandra appear? And did he mention if she will be part of the team?

I must say i agree...please no aliens in this x-universe.

Here; let me quote the article.

"Best breakout talent Wizard Fan Award-winner Robert Kirkman (Walking Dead) and artist Tom Raney (Outsiders) continue their nine-issue arc, introducing and Ultimitizing Shi'ar staple and new love intrest for Xavier, Lilandra, as well as premiering a new character called the Magician. Lilandra claims to be from space. . .but is she for real and can she be trusted?"

Thanks a lot for the quote, Linx!

It could be interesting, IF it turns out that she's NOT an alien.

I have to agree about the Shi'ar in Ultimate X-Men. I don't like it. I don't want to see it. But since I have no power over it, all I can do is hope it doesn't suck. Just give me something good (I liked how Grant Morrison used them in his New X-Men).

I really don't have a problem with the Shi'ar. I don't know squat about them other than Scott's father was picked up by them (Perhaps this will shed more light on Scott, too). I'm thinking this is an opportunity for us to get to know Xavier and his former love interests a bit more... I mean, Mystique is locked up, but I'd really like to see Emma's reaction to Charles shacking up with an alien. We'll see how this goes, but I'm not even worried about it being a bad thing. Since Galactus came around, the space stuff is a big deal--I'm enjoying it so far (With the exception of Vision) and I hope we can continue with it. I mean, the fact that aliens exist should be a big enough deal to the world... Even if there are mutants.

Goodwill said:
I really don't have a problem with the Shi'ar. I don't know squat about them other than Scott's father was picked up by them (Perhaps this will shed more light on Scott, too).
:noway: I bet nothing of the Shi'ar deals with Scott.

Goodz said:
I'm thinking this is an opportunity for us to get to know Xavier and his former love interests a bit more... I mean, Mystique is locked up, but I'd really like to see Emma's reaction to Charles shacking up with an alien.
It seems like Xavier's girlfriends are over him at this point. I think it will characterize Xavier's faults more than his past relationships.

All right, I got ya Lynx. Thanks for the news.

So this means the message Xavier got wasn't just Mad Thinker screwin' around? I don't want her carried into Kirkman's run. She's being abused enough... I'm willing to give Kirkman credit. I think it will deal with Lilandra more than the Shi'ar so we won't get so much "alien" but more of this new member (?) So she's the new member?

Last edited:

TheManWithoutFear said:
:noway: I bet nothing of the Shi'ar deals with Scott.

If his father had any resemblance to the 616 version I would burn my comics and shut this site down.

FACT.

UltimateE said:
If his father had any resemblance to the 616 version I would burn my comics and shut this site down.

FACT.

I'd follow. For now, as long as the Shi'ar are done in a tasteful manner without the X-men becoming a group of intergalactic explorers, I'll. . .deal with it.

But if Christopher Summers shows up with the STARJAMMERS. . .well, so much for the Ultimate Universe. When's the Ultimate Ultimate Universe come out?

Last edited:

Lynx said:
And I'm not talkin about Ultimate X4. Kirkman has revealed in Wizard that he has plans to ultimitzie Liliandris as Xavier's new girlfriend. She calims to be Shi'ar and from space, but Krikman also said is she telling the truth?

If she is a Shi'ar. . .I'll consider dropping the book. I HATE the Shi'ar. Aliens are up there with Time Travel in the X-men. They have NO place in the book.

Gay. Lame. Game. Blazer.

They only way I accept this if there is only like 1 mention of her being from space, and then its just a running joke how she's like every other girlfriend. The students can be like "ew." It can show them arguing about who does the dishes. Kitty can walk in on them doing it, then be like "Oy Gevalt!" or something.

That'd be hilarious. Otherwise, no.

Latest posts

Back