Kryptonite

Doc Comic

So, as we know, black kryptonite was first introduced on Smallville. Do you think silver kryptonite, which is being introduced this season on Smallville, will be in the comics, too?

I doubt it, personally I hope not I mean it's better with just one type of kryptonite (green one)the others are confusing. Or is there more than one in the comic right now?

What does silver kryptonite does to superman?

In Smallville, black seperates a person's conscious mind and subconscious mind and can also be used to meld multiple personalities/consciousnesses back together. Silver kryptonite makes Kryptonians lose their sanity, making them severely paranoid schizophrenic with paranoid delusions and hallucinations.

Doc Comic said:
In Smallville, black seperates a person's conscious mind and subconscious mind and can also be used to meld multiple personalities/consciousnesses back together. Silver kryptonite makes Kryptonians lose their sanity, making them severely paranoid schizophrenic with paranoid delusions and hallucinations.

Dumb.

There should only be green kryptonite, and not a lot of it.

UltimateE said:

Yeah, I concur. Really lame. I can handle green and red and to lesser extents gold and blue. Green and red are just staples, I like the idea of gold because its a truly insurmountable weakness and blue because I like Bizarro ;). The others they introduced like white and stuff was pointless. Heh, except maybe they should bring in pink kryptonite ;).

Entropy said:
Yeah, I concur. Really lame. I can handle green and red and to lesser extents gold and blue. Green and red are just staples, I like the idea of gold because its a truly insurmountable weakness and blue because I like Bizarro ;). The others they introduced like white and stuff was pointless. Heh, except maybe they should bring in pink kryptonite ;).
It's the Kryptonite Power Rangers!

Entropy said:
Yeah, I only knew there was green.:D

Pandrio said:
Yeah, I only knew there was green.:D

One of the small drawbacks of learning to read at an early age and from comicbooks, you get to know all the pointless facts about them ;). Forget Dick and Jane and Dr. Seuss, it was Batman and Robin and Dr. Strange for me.

Here there's the list of what the different types of kryptonite do and how many have been in the history of Superman.

Now on the current Superman title (PostCrisis) there's just three of this ones, but I'm not sure which other two besides the green one.
PreCrisis Superman had eight types of kryptonite:

Green -(weakens and kills superpowered kryptonians.)
Anti -(weakens and kills non superpowered kryptonians.)
X -(gives terrans super-kryptonian powers for a short period.)
Red -(causes unpredictable effects such as a change in personality on kryptonians.)
Gold -(permanently removes kryptonian superpowers.)
White -(kills any plant life.)
Blue -(weakens and kills bizarro kryptonians.)
Jewel -(this one allows phantom zone residents to focus mental energy and cause explosions in the outside world.)

There's more than three. On Luthor's power suit's glove, there's at least five different colored ones, including green, red, blue, and black. The three that have been explained are green and red, and black kryptonite will be explained soon.

Doc Comic said:
There's more than three. On Luthor's power suit's glove, there's at least five different colored ones, including green, red, blue, and black. The three that have been explained are green and red, and black kryptonite will be explained soon.
I iwsh they had just stayed with Green. When Waid introduced Red in JLA I was cool with it since it wasn't a chunk of rock from the sky but Batman refining Green into a non-lethal form wich could be used to stop Kal-el. Then Loeb had Supergirl crash and theres 16 diffrent types sitting in the bottom of the gotham bay. Ugh.

05-badjimmy.jpg

BEST use of Krpytonite, EVER.

I hope that's the main plot of the new Superman movie.

I don't have a problem with there being 1701 different colours of kryptonite because there is really, only two types:

"Plot Device" and "Random".

Latest posts

Back