Last Comic Standing

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Anyone else watching the new season? I think Baxter is.

They have a new host, Anthony Clark, from "Yes, Dear." I miss Jay Mohr. Best season so far was 2, as season 3 was just season 1 vs season 2. And of course, season 2 kicked season 1's ***.

One of the guys from VH1 is trying out in this. Ultimatedjf will likely know his name. It's the guy that I believe is from Best Week Ever, I'm not really sure, but during one of the episodes, he dressed as Harry Pothead...I mean 'Potter', with the glasses and scarf and an owl was attacking him.

That sucks that I missed the preliminary round... I'll have to find a way to play catch-up. Do you know if they offer this On Demand?

Yeah, in the second season a comedian by the name of Pablo Francisco, who I am a loyal fan to through and through, didn't make it into the house, either. He's absolutely hilarious - if you've seen his stuff, you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway, point of this story being there is probably some politicing going on that deter the more successful comedians.

Goodwill said:
That sucks that I missed the preliminary round... I'll have to find a way to play catch-up. Do you know if they offer this On Demand?

Yeah, in the second season a comedian by the name of Pablo Francisco, who I am a loyal fan to through and through, didn't make it into the house, either. He's absolutely hilarious - if you've seen his stuff, you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway, point of this story being there is probably some politicing going on that deter the more successful comedians.
Well, yeah. I mean I don't want to put this on and see a house full of people I already recognize. I want to see new talent that I've never seen or heard of. Atleast thats me.

I keep missing it. :(

Goodwill said:
Good point. Pablo would have whooped ***, though.

I disagree. Pablo is funny. But he's like a one-trick pony. He's got a couple funny joke.....but his strength is doing the Movie Preview Guy. And even then...he's only got a good 5 minutes worth of stuff.

I remember a few years ago he was on Mad TV's cast and even then...he really wasn't THAT funny.

I love that guy, dude. You don't even know. I think his Juevo Splash, Hooters with the wife, and the movie preview voice are all knock-outs. Not to mention all of the other little things and his ability to place curses in key moments is great.

"Can we get a box for this, she's being a *****." :lol:

Last edited:
Despite Dat Phan winning in the first season (fortunately, his ****ty sitcom, "Pick A Color" never actually got made), I came back for the second. I quit watching after Todd Glass (the only person that I actually liked that season) got voted out. The third season was not really interesting at all, and it seems that this season they're making sure to get rid of all the funny people before they even get to the finals.

Yeah, Doug Benson was the only person who actually made me laugh.

I don't think the comics should be voted off through strategy... That to me ruins the dynamic of the show. We're trying to find the best comic - not outwit, out play, and out last. If we needed that, we'd watch more Survivor (I do watch Survivor, so don't think I'm critisizing...E :)). Let's see who is best.

i only got a chance to watch esp. 2 from this season, and that was by pure chance, while i was channel flipping.

and there was this fat black chick that came on by the name of Roz, who i thought was just funny as hell, prostitute jokes always make me laugh.

the little link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRJpRt-_9k

Last edited:
Good. Two of the annoying people are out. About half more to go.

The women they have on this season are NOT funny. Now don't think I'm being sexist 'cuz most of the guys aren't funny either. But at least in the first two seasons, they had better female comedians. It's almost as if they picked more women this season just to have women on the show.

This show is wonderful. Even if it means you actually have to see a bit of bad comedy.

But why did they replace Jay Mohr with that ****ing twit from Yes, Dear?

This show is wonderful. Even if it means you actually have to see a bit of bad comedy.

But why did they replace Jay Mohr with that ****ing twit from Yes, Dear?
They replaced him as well with the guy from Fox's Fastlane. Not Peter whateverhislastnameis, but the other guy.

Latest posts

Back