Last.fm

http://www.last.fm/user/emillsap/

Boo yah.

I wish I was clever enough to think to use the name ourchair suggested...I made my account a while ago but just now downloaded the software.

I'm looking at my profile...does it only tell what you last listened to? I would have thought it would show the most listened to songs and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Cool.

You answered your own question:

It takes a while to scrobble all your statistics after you've started using the software.

Scrobbling...is too slow.

Scrobble faster!

http://www.last.fm/user/emillsap/

Boo yah.

I wish I was clever enough to think to use the name ourchair suggested...I made my account a while ago but just now downloaded the software.

I'm looking at my profile...does it only tell what you last listened to? I would have thought it would show the most listened to songs and stuff like that.

I requested your friendship.

I know. I don't think it even scrobbled all the music I was listening to last night while I was syncing my iPod. I hope it scrobbles all that when I plug it in tonight.

Yep, I sure do hope it scrobbles that.

(Scrobble is so fun to say.)
I requested your friendship.
Me too.

Last edited:
I know. I don't think it even scrobbled all the music I was listening to last night while I was syncing my iPod. I hope it scrobbles all that when I plug it in tonight.

Yep, I sure do hope it scrobbles that.

(Scrobble is so fun to say.)

For the scrobbling, all I know is that to scrobble properly you have listen to a song for at least a minute and a half.

E said:
I have approved your request. You have been honored.

I feel empowered too!

Last edited:
I found out today there is an iPhone/iPod Touch app called MobileScrobbler and it is AWESOME. It scrobbles while you are listening (for iPhone anyway; I suppose for iPod Touch it waits until you connect over wifi). And it works perfectly, which is good because it appears there are a lot of people having problems getting the Last.fm software to scrobble the iPhone - even more than the regular iPod.

MobileScrobbler requires a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch.

The software is really sucky for scrobbling iPods...I even downloaded a beta version that is supposed to be better but I've only had it pick up the iPod once. I rarely listen to music in iTunes so if it doesn't work this service is next to worthless for me.

I found out today there is an iPhone/iPod Touch app called MobileScrobbler and it is AWESOME. It scrobbles while you are listening (for iPhone anyway; I suppose for iPod Touch it waits until you connect over wifi). And it works perfectly, which is good because it appears there are a lot of people having problems getting the Last.fm software to scrobble the iPhone - even more than the regular iPod.

MobileScrobbler requires a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch.

The software is really sucky for scrobbling iPods...I even downloaded a beta version that is supposed to be better but I've only had it pick up the iPod once. I rarely listen to music in iTunes so if it doesn't work this service is next to worthless for me.
I used to just create a smart playlist that said "Recently Played" and then just plug my iPod into the computer and scrobble the list from there.

But that's awesome.

Too bad I don't have an iPod, but at this point I spend so much time in the office listening to music while I work that it's not really as necessary as it used to be.

I used to just create a smart playlist that said "Recently Played" and then just plug my iPod into the computer and scrobble the list from there.

OK, this might work for me. How do you scrobble an individual playlist in iTunes? Because iTunes already has a smart playlist of recently played songs. When I sync my iPod the playlist gets updated with what was played on the iPod but Last.fm just won't pick it up.

If I can manually scrobble the playlist it would be a pain but at least it might pick it up.

Latest posts

Back