Last.fm

Why don't you join us Pluto-Man?

I love music. But.

I have maybe 300 songs on my entire computer. Maybe. From what I hear, the majority of you guys who care about this have upwards of ten, twenty, thirty, forty thousand. I cannot understand having any sort of attachment to that much music.

I don't have any sort of portable mp3 player because I prefer to accept long periods of silence and even lulls in conversations without immeadiately jamming headphones in.

Not counting movie soundtracks, I have never liked an album. Ever. Not one. The most songs I have ever liked on any one album is probably 3 or 4. The most songs I have ever liked from any one artist is probably 5 or 6, with Bowie or The Beatles or ABBA. I like and form attachments to individual songs, usually after hearing them by chance, but the concept of latching on to artists or taking in a whole album as some kind of song-transcending experience is alien to me.

I don't think I've ever liked any song anybody has ever recommended to me or thought that I'd like based on my "taste" in music, because I don't really have a taste in music. If you have to, I guess you could say the majority of what I like is "upbeat", but even that wouldn't be a very effective marker, certainly in terms of finding other music.

It's just not for me.

Edit: Okay, I thought of two albums I've liked every song on - Aqua's Aquarium when I was 8, and The Chieftain's The Bells Of Dublin at Christmas every year.

Last edited:
I love music. But.

I have maybe 300 songs on my entire computer. Maybe. From what I hear, the majority of you guys who care about this have upwards of ten, twenty, thirty, forty thousand. I cannot understand having any sort of attachment to that much music.

I don't have any sort of portable mp3 player because I prefer to accept long periods of silence and even lulls in conversations without immeadiately jamming headphones in.

Not counting movie soundtracks, I have never liked an album. Ever. Not one. The most songs I have ever liked on any one album is probably 3 or 4. The most songs I have ever liked from any one artist is probably 5 or 6, with Bowie or The Beatles or ABBA. I like and form attachments to individual songs, usually after hearing them by chance, but the concept of latching on to artists or taking in a whole album as some kind of song-transcending experience is alien to me.

I don't think I've ever liked any song anybody has ever recommended to me or thought that I'd like based on my "taste" in music, because I don't really have a taste in music. If you have to, I guess you could say the majority of what I like is "upbeat", but even that wouldn't be a very effective marker, certainly in terms of finding other music.

It's just not for me.

Edit: Okay, I thought of two albums I've liked every song on - Aqua's Aquarium when I was 8, and The Chieftain's The Bells Of Dublin at Christmas every year.

I have 336 songs on mine, I'll be frank, we need 10 people for our group to get it's wings....plus you can make fun of TOG when he goes on his Nine Inch Nails binges.

I love music. But.

It's just not for me.

Snob.

I'm building a strange playlist for ourchair to critique.

Cause we know he will.

ourchair isn't critical at all.

I have 336 songs on mine, I'll be frank, we need 10 people for our group to get it's wings....plus you can make fun of TOG when he goes on his Nine Inch Nails binges.

Nine Inch Nails would be OK...it's the Korn and Limp Bizkit crap.

I would join, but fear the ridicule of my peers over my 90's pop teen music choices.
Is Backstreet back?

Alright!!!
I love music. But.

Hey, I've only got *checks* 700 songs in my iTunes library. That's E with the 48,000 'Tunes.
Last.fm doesn't scrobble iPods very well anyway.
Nine Inch Nails would be OK...it's the Korn and Limp Bizkit crap.
I so hope that if we get charts, Korn and Limp Bizkit will be in the top ten.

I don't listen to Limp Bizkit that much at all.

Now Korn I do. A lot.

I was going through every Nine Inch Nails album in order. To listen to a couple I haven't really got around to listening to and some I only listen to a couple of times. And the new ones I didn't really like.

Pretty Hate Machine is still the best one.

I also only have about 4,000 songs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back