Spider-Man Life of Reilly

Joe Kalicki

This is probably the best thing I've ever seen on the web and I've only read the first two paragraphs. It's an extraordinarily long, detailed analysis of every aspect of the original clone saga. Brings back a lot of memories, it does.

Anyway, it's called The Life of Reilly and if you have hours and hours to spend, it's the awesomest of the awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...that's a lot of writing. Maybe I'll get around to reading it all sometime. Maybe if I actually start to care about Spider-man...

Wow...that's a lot of writing. Maybe I'll get around to reading it all sometime. Maybe if I actually start to care about Spider-man...

Whether you care about Spider-Man or not, it's a fascinating look at the comic creation and editorial process. That is is about the Clone Saga is incidental when you read it in that context.

Whether you care about Spider-Man or not, it's a fascinating look at the comic creation and editorial process. That is is about the Clone Saga is incidental when you read it in that context.
Exactly.

I like to think of it as an 'even-handed' look at how much less AND more influence the editorial group has on comics than we think it does.

i read the bulk of this on saturday (up to around #29) and it is brilliant

*EDIT* i finished it, and as a person who has always been intrigued by Ben Reilly as a character but never had the chance to read the Clone Saga i found this very interesting and a MUCH better resource on the character than Wikipedia. IMO now is the perfect time for marvel to revisit Reilly with all the changes that have happened to Peter under Quesada's rule it would be nice to see the vast contrast between the character's.

hell Marvel has been generating some buzz for the character lately aswell with Peter using Ben's name in FNSM, a spider-man imposter wearing the garb of the Scarlet Spider, and the off hand mention in the T-Boltz that nearly sent Norman off the edge. now is the time for a Ben return if i've ever seen one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back