Loaded Bible: Jesus Vs. Vampires!

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Anyone else pick this up???

It's ****ing awesome...

Like seriously, I thought it was just going to be a joke, but the story is very engaging...

More later... But for now, who read it?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8321

loadedbible02.jpg

**** yes!

I think I'm going to have to track this down just out of curiosity. What kind of gore and sexuality factor does this title have?

sexuality - Little to None (aside from the world government sending a homosexual to his death in accordance with Biblical Law)

gore - vampire stabbing and killing... as much as you'd expect.

Ok....so here's what I know:
  • Written by Warren Ellis
  • Kick *** art
  • It's Jesus killing vampires

I should be sold already. But someone tell me about this...

Its not written by Ellis, this is written by somebody new to the industry...

Where did you get the idea it was an Ellis book?

Its not written by Ellis, this is written by somebody new to the industry...

Where did you get the idea it was an Ellis book?

I have no clue. I could've sworn that he wrote this. I stand corrected.

But ya gotta admit---it sounds like something Ellis would do. :lol:

This is stupid.

You haven't read it.

It's actually a clever commentary on the rise of the fundamentalist christian ideology all around the world, especially in government (as represented by the world church/government) and the degradation of human culture (as represented by

In a world of such "evil" and "good" it's hard to try to realize that there is another option. That you don't have to succumb to the rigid old testament laws unconditionally, and you don't have to fall victim to the often sickening culture of human degradation.

Its an appraisal of individuality in a world of black and white.

If you think it's just silly nonsense, you clearly haven't read it.

You haven't read it.

It's actually a clever commentary on the rise of the fundamentalist christian ideology all around the world, especially in government (as represented by the world church/government) and the degradation of human culture (as represented by

In a world of such "evil" and "good" it's hard to try to realize that there is another option. That you don't have to succumb to the rigid old testament laws unconditionally, and you don't have to fall victim to the often sickening culture of human degradation.

Its an appraisal of individuality in a world of black and white.

If you think it's just silly nonsense, you clearly haven't read it.

Thank you and i haven't. Well, what you say it's about sounds cool. I don't like the idea that the savior of my people looks like he's fighting vampires. i got my reason and yes they are religious reasons and I'd like to leave it at that.

Well.. Here's a spoiler if you dont intend to pick it up

It turns out that the Jesus who is the protagonist of the series is a clone of the original christ developed by the Church/Government as a ways to control the people against the growing Vampire culture. Jesus discovers this and realizes that he's just being used as a tool to inspire fear into their enemies and faith/obediece to the Church/Government. He also learns that they are planning to kill him in a symbolic way to mirror the death of the original Christ and guarentee long-lasting obedience from the people. So he leaves their capitol city to go out into the real world at the end of the series, determined to reconcile what he believes to be right with a more realistic worldview... but the story isnt over, hence the sequel.

It sounds to me like the series that'd piss you off would be Image Comics' Battle Pope.

First let me say that Jesus is the man.
Let me say that although I love Jesus I don't think others have to.
I'm not offended by this at all, I'll admit it's shocking but not offensive.
Dare I say I want to read this....

Latest posts

Back