M. Night Shyamalan film discussion

Goodwill

I was talking to my friend, "Matt", who was an extra in the Village... It was filmed in and around my area, incidently, so Night's movies are a local treasure - no matter how obscure they may be, I'm interested. Anyway, I was talking to him about his summer job and he said he was doing some pre-production stuff on a movie entitled, The Happening, written and directed by Night. He told me the movie would star Marky Mark Whalberg, who would play the father of a family trying to avert certain global disaster.

This is what I dug up so far from the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Happening_(2008_film)
AND
http://imdb.com/title/tt0949731/

Last edited:
Re: The Happening

This movie should be called "The Hap'nen" and star Fi'ty and the crew.

D-end, sucka.
I did half expect this to be some kind of "House Party"-esque comedy when I saw the title.

Hmm... sounds good, but I think Cloverfield will be better.

. . .but I think Cloverfield will be better.

Oh, absolutely.

Honestly, this sounds an awful lot like The Day After Tomorrow. And, if that or Night's previous two movies are any indication, this movie will be terrible.

We'll see.

Last edited:

If you'll notice, Night's films have had some pretty heavily subtle political themes to them. The one that is coming to mind is the Village, having not seen Lady in the Water... Anyway, I get the feeling that this movie will follow suit.

And, also, I here that this is Night's first "R" rated movie so it should be interesting...

I sooooo hope this is where Night redeem's himself. I liked Lady in the Water when I first saw it but looking back, it really is just retarded.

Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs are proof he's smart enough to do better. I hope he gets back to his roots. The title of this already worries me.

I've never seen a full M. Night Shamyakldlfasdlnlan movie.

I've seen bits of Signs. The thing is, I saw the scary bits, and the ending was spoiled for me so I have no desire to see it again.

I've seen bits of The Village. It was boring.

I missed The Sixth Sense. I saw a bit of it but nothing was happy.

Lady in the Water never looked interesting.

Also, I don't want him to ruin Avatar.

I liked Signs too.

I've walked out of two movies. Barb Wire, and Mickey Blue Eyes. During the second, the projetor broke and I didn't want to wait for it to be fixed. The movie sucked hard, too, and I saw it at the dollar show, so it wasn't a tough decision.

I've never seen a full M. Night Shamyakldlfasdlnlan movie.

I've seen bits of Signs. The thing is, I saw the scary bits, and the ending was spoiled for me so I have no desire to see it again.

I've seen bits of The Village. It was boring.

I missed The Sixth Sense. I saw a bit of it but nothing was happy.

Lady in the Water never looked interesting.

Also, I don't want him to ruin Avatar.
Have you seen Unbreakable?

I loved SIgns, I saw it with the right crowd I guess, they were jumping at everything, yelling, screaming, it's true that sometimes, the crowd makes the movie

Yeah, I remember the crowd I sat with for Signs... They prolonged every scray scene with their screaming that I ended up laughing at them every time a something scary would happen. Didn't ruin the movie for me, but just made for a memorable experience, I guess.

Signs had one of the scariest scenes in a movie ever.

You know what I'm talking about if you've seen it.

Latest posts

Back