M.U.S.C.L.E. Men

moonmaster said:
Fisto.jpg

:slimjim's rolling on the floor laughing emoticon:

:shock:

O man!!!! Not Battle Beasts?!?!?! I loved those things............even though they had the flexibility of a cripple after a stroke.

Victor Von Doom said:
:shock:

O man!!!! Not Battle Beasts?!?!?! I loved those things............even though they had the flexibility of a cripple after a stroke.
Them and MUSCLE men were the perfect kids toy. They could do almosy anything short of trying to eat them and nothing would happen to the kid or the toy. I still find Battle Beasts burried in my back yard sometimes when I'm mowing....

Baxter said:
Battle Beasts man! These guys!

58.jpg

The turtle man was my favorite

Oh my God, as if making me remember Muscle Men (of which I had hundreds) and Alf in one thread wasn't enough......

I had dozens of Battle Beasts. They had a little sticker on their chest that turns into a picture of fire, water or wood when you heat it up. I distinctly remember a fierce looking badger.

How about these:

M.A.S.K: little tiny guys in cars that turned into war machines. I remember each figure had a clear luminescent duplicate and often removable helmets.

Micro Machines: I inherited about 500 of these after my brother got bored with them. I even had ones with opening doors and boots.

Crash Dummies: The sheer joy of throwing figures against walls and cars down the stairs without feeling guilty afterwards. I even had the sticker book, a few of the bad guys who were made of junk car parts, the big meat-headed dummy called Bull and was a regular watcher of the TV show. CHIP!!

When I got out the MUSCLE Men for my son I also found some other figures and couldn't remember for the life of me what they are. I'll have to post pics and see if you guys can ID them. There was a whole line of them - they are hard plastic and have no points of articulation. There are scuba guys, army guys, green berets, and some robot-looking guys.

I'm sure someone knows what they are. I'll have to get some pics.

E said:
When I got out the MUSCLE Men for my son I also found some other figures and couldn't remember for the life of me what they are. I'll have to post pics and see if you guys can ID them. There was a whole line of them - they are hard plastic and have no points of articulation. There are scuba guys, army guys, green berets, and some robot-looking guys.

I'm sure someone knows what they are. I'll have to get some pics.

Were they really small? Do they have oval bases that can be attached to vehicles and bases? If so, I think you're talking about....

ZERO HOUR

I think they were called that anyway.....

There was a range of tanks, jeeps, planes, boats and trains. You even had figures permanently in the sitting down position to ride them. I formed many a sound military strategy with those little guys, in preparation for my world domination.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Were they really small? Do they have oval bases that can be attached to vehicles and bases? If so, I think you're talking about....

ZERO HOUR

I think they were called that anyway.....

There was a range of tanks, jeeps, planes, boats and trains. You even had figures permanently in the sitting down position to ride them. I formed many a sound military strategy with those little guys, in preparation for my world domination.

Nope - they are probably about 2.5-3" tall. I don't recall any vehicles or accesories. They are a lot like glorified army men - already in certain poses and holding weapons, but larger and fully painted. No bases; they were sturdy and rigid and stood up themselves.

Nah, Zero Hour figures were like, 1cm or so.

Anyone remember BraveStar? a Red Indian Sheriff. In space. He rode a robot horse that could stand on two legs. Genius.

Oh yeah and Super Ted.

Fuzzy Birds said:
M.A.S.K: little tiny guys in cars that turned into war machines. I remember each figure had a clear luminescent duplicate and often removable helmets.

Had the toys...loved the cartoon. BOO-YA!!!

My favorite was the evil "jet" that could turn into a helicopter". Which when you think about it.....is kinda redundant.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Anyone remember BraveStar? a Red Indian Sheriff. In space. He rode a robot horse that could stand on two legs. Genius.

Bravestarr = Teh hot sh*t!!!! :rockon:

Check it...

M.A.S.K. was awesome. Transformers meets GI Joe. How can you go wrong?

I had the Miles Mayhem (yeah, I remember his name!) jet/helicopter, as well as the green motorcycle/helicopter.

I had this bizarre concept in MASK that you could workout if the character was air or sea sick by what their vehicle turned into. For example, Matt Tracker was sea sick because his vehcile was a car and plane, but not a boat. While the Dusty guy who had the Gator jeep thing, was air sick because his vehicle was a jeep and boat.

So I spent ages trying to find someone landsick, and there was Miles Mayhem in his Redundant-Mobile - a helicopter and a jet.

Also... BATTLE BEASTS! THEY BATTLE FOR THE FUN OF IT!

And the Alf thing scares me.

Since Transformers is such a huge success, maybe we'll get a MASK movie. How awesome would that be?

Latest posts

Back