Magic in the Ultimate Universe

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Just going to throw this thread out so the conversation gets brought to somewhere official.

Dr. Strange Definitely involved Magic. I don't mind a little bit of it if it's "essential" to a character. No need for Ultimate MoonKnight to have it though.

No need for moonknight to have it. And I want a damn good reason for Stephen Strange jnr. to be using it, or think he's using it.

I may have mentioned in brief at some point about psychically tapping into a something, though i don't know what, and all the incantations etc are just allowing you to focus and actually believe that you are doing something, where it's just some low level psychic crap.

My aunt that's a lame attempt at an explanation.

Back to the beer for me. hoo yah

TheManWithoutFear said:
Just going to throw this thread out so the conversation gets brought to somewhere official.

Dr. Strange Definitely involved Magic. I don't mind a little bit of it if it's "essential" to a character. No need for Ultimate MoonKnight to have it though.
Yeah, I don't want magic involved with the Ultimate Universe. Well at least wait a couple of years.

Has Scarlet Witch debuted in UU? I think she could pull it off, since her mutant ability is an affinity to magic.

Last edited:
some one else asked about magic in UU. I forgot about dr.strange
they were talking about thor's hammer been magic and i said that they didn't have magic in the UU. thanks for that reminder

Irish_4204 said:
Yeah, I don't want magic involved with the Ultimate Universe. Well at least wait a couple of years.

Has Scarlet Witch debuted in UU? I think she could pull it off, since her mutant ability is an affinity to magic.

I say NEVER. I don't wanna see the UU turn into the 616 where, in a couple of years, they decide "ah, to hell with it, let's just do what the hell we want". No go, no magic, never. PLEASE

And I was hoping that scarlet witch would just have her traditional, the opposite of longshot, powers. She makes bad luck happen for others, rather than merely good luck for herself. which, i guess, is the same as longshot really, but not quite. But that's the level of her abilities anyway.

Guijllons said:
And I was hoping that scarlet witch would just have her traditional, the opposite of longshot, powers. She makes bad luck happen for others, rather than merely good luck for herself. which, i guess, is the same as longshot really, but not quite. But that's the level of her abilities anyway.
Yeah, that could work.

Has Quicksilver been seen in UU?

im for it, but i don't want it to be the explantion of everything. i understand in a world where you have vaps, mutants, power crazy goverments, you gotta have magic with certian people.

Magic? I say sure, as long as it's kept to a select few. If magic were to exist, and anyone, I mean anyone, knew how to do it, do you think that there'd be college classes on it? Hell no! Everyone who knows about it would keep it under wraps to keep the goverment off thier back, and would only teach it to people they think they can trust. And I don't mean "only use this for good my son trust", I mean "Right, now, we've got a good thing going here, don't muck it up". As long as magic is contained and very, very underground bring it in. But if it gets to the level of the average joe being able to pick up a curses and hexs book at Borders I'll get mighty cheesed.

Baxter said:
Magic? I say sure, as long as it's kept to a select few.
I'll second this. I like the idea that something exists beyond the range and understanding of science, a "greater power" if you want to call it that, but if everyone could tap into it, we would have Ultimate characters sending their kids to Ultimate Hogwarts.... :dazed:

But there is no basis for magic. It's just a lot of old hoohar. We know mutants are hoohar too, but there is that slightest link to science. Magic, there is none.

It's a lazy plot device, it means you can get away with anything, there are no limitations.

Guijllons said:
But there is no basis for magic. It's just a lot of old hoohar. We know mutants are hoohar too, but there is that slightest link to science. Magic, there is none.

It's a lazy plot device, it means you can get away with anything, there are no limitations.

I agree with this post.

Guijllons said:

That depends on the skill of the writer. If you've ever read series like Hellblazer, or any really good fantasy nocel then you'd know that someone whos not a hack can corral the mystical forces into something taht while not understandable, is belivable.

I guess what I'm saying is that if Marig were limitless we'd all be dead. Some jerkoff with a chip on his shoulder would have destroyed existance with at hought and we couldn't be having thois conversation.

The physics of characters in fiction, work based on the physics of the world they are written into.
If a story is all about magic, then it's perfectly fine. In the UU, a 'real' world, magic would seem forced and pointless. In something like Gaiman's Sandman, the whole thing is magic, it would be silly and forced to bring in mutants.

There need to be limitations for the UU, and magic is one such limitation, as are multiple dimensions and alternate futures.

Dr. Stange, Ghost Rider if he's ever brought in. Basicly just the characters tht can't survive without having magic. Scarlet Witch can do just fine as a mutant with improbability powers.

Latest posts

Back