Make a better version of Ultimatum

Here's an idea I posted elswhere:

Ultimatum#1: A powerful alien empire has descended on Earth and ordered that Jean Grey, keeper of the Phoenix God, be given to them or they will unleash the Four Plagues of Destruction upon Earth. One plague is unleashed as an example of their power and causes untold damages and deaths. The most powerful teams, of good and bad alignment, are now hunting for the missing Jean Grey to save the world from annihilation.

Ultimatum/ Ulitmate X-men: The Earth has just been attacked and the Phoenix God has suddenly gone dormant within Jean Grey. Now as the X-men scramble to make heads or tails of the situation, the Brotherhood has come for Jean Grey.....but they have to stand in line because the Inner Circle is calling first dibs on Jean's head!!

-It would be revealed that the Hellfire Club and Church of Shi'ar Enlightenment were human/alien hybrids that came to Earth centuries ago in search of the Phoenix God: one group to worship the Phoenix (Church of Shi'ar) the other to dominate it(Hellfire Club). The Inner Circle would be the strike group for the remnants of the Hellfire Club and consist of ultimate versions of: Gladiator(Red King), Oracle(Red Queen), Smasher(Black Rook), Manta(White Rook), Hussar(Black Knight), Earthquake(White Knight)

Ultimatum/Ultimates: S.H.I.E.L.D has ordered the Ultimates to find and capture Jean Grey by any means necessary....and to eliminate any opposition!

Ultimatum/ Fantastic Four: The Fantastic Four split up to both investigate the Aliens and to find the now missing Jean Grey. Sue and Ben Grimm offer their help to the X-men in finding Jean, while Reed and Johnny discover something far worse than the situation already is.......

Ultimatum/Ultimate Spider-Man:peter Parker is trying to save lives in a devastated New York city....it's a good thing he has Shadowcat and Iceman to help him but can they stand against the invading troops sent by the Alien invaders?

Ultimately....no pun intended....the X-men, Fantastic Four, Ultimates, Brotherhood and other heroes and villains would have to stop the Four Plagues from destroying the world.

-The Phoenix God would be revealed to be the Fifth member of the Plagues, a group of ravaging gods controlled by an advanced, malevolent alien race.

-The Landscape would be changed: Savage Land would have been wiped out alond with some other major countries, U.S.A would be mostly devastated resulting in relocation of S.H.I.E.L.D Headquartes, the Capitol, the Xavier Institute
etc.,

-a lot more super-powered teams would form

-mutant/human relations would become better

-the four plagues are free after the events of Ultimatum and secretly find their own hosts on Earth

Ultimate Ramifications in the Ultimate Universe

Ultimate Fantastic Four
-Reed dies and Johnny lies in a comatose state; Sue and Ben end the Fantastic Four and join a new team
-Doom would walk away from Ultimatum with alien technology which would eventually mean bad news for everybody

The Ultimates

-The Ulitmates would lose Quicksilver and Giant-Man to Ultimatum
-Cap would lose his left arm and get a bionic replacement
-an accident would cause further mutations in Wasp
-a hidden conspiracy during Ultimatum would come to light and split the team into two factions: one still under S.H.I.E.L.D led by Fury and the other freelance led by Captain America
-Sue and Ben join Cap's offshoot team: Ultimate Defenders

Ultimate X-men

-Wolverine, Cyclops and Xavier would die during Ultimatum
-Magneto, Blob, Mastermind, Multiple Man would die during Ultimatum
-Rogue leaves the X-men in the wake of Ultimatum; Dazzler, Toad and Angel leave with her
-Jean becomes Headmistress of the Xavier Institute
-the remaining X-men: Jean, Storm, Beast, Colossus, Pyro and Firestar are joined by Havok and Polaris
-the Academy of Tomorrow is acquired by S.H.I.E.L.D
-a mysterious, powerful mutant named Exodus joins the team
-the Phoenix God leaves Jean permanently and finds a new host in a secretly resurrected Charles Xavier
I love the premise, but I'm not crazy about the fall out

Thanks you guys; I've always come here to weigh what you guys have to say against the other boards. You guys are a lot more critical than other boards but I gather that's because you guys are hardcore comic fans and know what works; me I'm a lite-hearted reader but I need QUALITY.

You know...you ask about artist and I go can blank sometimes but I do like Silvestri, Bachalo & Tan (i believe it's Tan i like). This idea on Ultimatum was one of a couple; I like the premise for Ultimatum now...it just sounds(because I haven't bought any of ot yet) like it's being executed awfully...which is sad because I really like the Ultimate Universe....so much untapped potential in the UU.

Thanks you guys; I've always come here to weigh what you guys have to say against the other boards. You guys are a lot more critical than other boards but I gather that's because you guys are hardcore comic fans and know what works; me I'm a lite-hearted reader but I need QUALITY.

I wouldn't quite say we're "hardcore" but we definitely hold higher standards

Latest posts

Back