Mark Bagley to draw 1/2 of Ultimate Spider-Man #111

Gemini

At comicbookresources.com they have an article that goes over everything that happened at the Emerald City Comic-Con, and among all the little tidbits there was a minor announcement worth noting here.

Mark Bagley will split the drawing duties of USM #111 with upcoming artist Stuart Immonen, each will be drawing half of the issue to commemerate the hand off between the artist's.

I was going to post this in the news section but apparently I'm not allowed.

Re: Mark Bagley to draw 1/2 of USM #111

This bodes ill. Not only do we get more Bagley, there's an artist trade-off in the middle of the book? It's distracting enough during dream sequences or between arcs.

Thread moved to News section. (I'm not sure why you couldn't post it there, but it's there now....)

Yeah, I read this too. Pretty good idea actually. Kind of like a handing over the torch to the next generation thing.

And no-one except the mods and E can make or transfer threads to the news section. If a thread is news worthy it will be transferred there eventually. All you can do is post the news in the appropriate board section.

You know, this is only four issues away. Why haven't we seen any Immonen Spider-Man work yet?

I'm happy with this. Seems like a nice way to hand off artists after Bagley's long run. I'll be sad to see him go, but the change is one this title needs.

Why must they draw this out? (Me so punny)

Let it go. Just let it go.

You know, this is only four issues away. Why haven't we seen any Immonen Spider-Man work yet?

I'm curious about this too. There's been a few sketches out, but they were extremely rough and didn't give a good idea of what it would look like. I would think this is the kind of thing to hype up, but I guess they're hyping it up by hiding it rather than showing previews. Maybe something will come up closer to 111's release date.

Ah, but who's doing the cover?

AH-HA! SEE!

I bet Bagley was, "Dammit, I was so close...so close...why 1/2 an issue more? Why, God? WHY?!"

He's just rushing to finish (which I still don't blame him that he wants to be done) and it shows a lot.

Ah, but who's doing the cover?

AH-HA! SEE!

Why, who's doing the cover?

I bet Bagley was, "Dammit, I was so close...so close...why 1/2 an issue more? Why, God? WHY?!"

He's just rushing to finish (which I still don't blame him that he wants to be done) and it shows a lot.

Actually, Bagley agreed to work on Bendis' Mighty Avengers, on the Venom arc. Supposedly, Doctor Doom will also be appearing.

I'm happy with this. Seems like a nice way to hand off artists after Bagley's long run. I'll be sad to see him go, but the change is one this title needs.

Not too mention, we get to judge whose art is better. Hopefully Immonen will do his best, just to prove to us all that he means business. Of course, since it's only 1/2 of an issue, maybe we'll get Bagely's best as well.

Wouldn't it be nice? I'd frame it if it were so...

And now I have Beach Boys in my head...

Last edited:
I hope new art is not too different

If it turns out it looks anything like Ultimate six (i know different artist but still) I might drop the title and I think it's best comic series ever.

Last edited:
I agree with TwilightEL, I'm not a big fan of two artists on the same issue, it's distracting. The problem is Bendis and Bagley were awesome in the beginning of the title, but now they're both getting tired.

But then maybe darkspider is right, and Bagley will go out on a really good note, which would be great. Still, I just think they should start thinking more about the quality of USM and less about making the record into a huge deal :?

Man I hate records *mumbles about Stargate getting canceled* :x

I love Stargate so much. I just bought Atlantis season 2.

Also, I can't wait for Immonen, but I like the idea of both doing the book.

I love Stargate so much. I just bought Atlantis season 2.

Also, I can't wait for Immonen, but I like the idea of both doing the book.

I just looked at the old sketches, and were impressed.

Much better than what Bagely's doing right now, and they're only sketches.

Latest posts

Back