Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

Well technically they confirmed Spidey would appear in a Marvel Studios movie before the solo movie, they didn't specify which movie. Obviously Civil War is the safe bet, but it's not official.
It's basically official. Unofficially official.

Last edited:
It really kind of is, though. What's amazing is to think that people thought this company wasn't worth putting an offer on in the mid-90s during the whole bankruptcy thing.
Yeah, it totally is, just the way it was put was funny, but true funny.

Captain Marvel Role Rumored To Have Been Cast

As rumors online are suggesting, the new Captain Marvel would make her official Marvel Cinematic Universe debut sometime during the events of this spring's Avengers: Age of Ultron. This latest round of reports builds upon older rumors, which also claimed that an un-powered Carol Danvers was written in the back-end of Age of Ultron's screenplay.

From Emerald City Comic Con 2015:

Next, a fan asks about whether the animation team will produce something that takes place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"I can't announce anything, but things are in the works," said Lane, calling out the upcoming Netflix series as a proof of concept for things that tie-in to the larger world.

Last edited:
From Emerald City Comic Con 2015:

Next, a fan asks about whether the animation team will produce something that takes place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"I can't announce anything, but things are in the works," said Lane, calling out the upcoming Netflix series as a proof of concept for things that tie-in to the larger world.

I've wondered about that route for awhile now. Traditional animation or CGI would be an interesting route for them to expand the MCU into for a couple reasons:

Substantially smaller budgets, for one, which may appeal to Marvel Studios' shareholders who may see cheaper-to-produce animated/CGI spin-offs of the MCU as a sure sale anyway for much of the MCU fanbase, thus making it a sure thing in terms of cost vs. returns.

Secondly, Marvel's animated attempts have fallen behind DC's overall in terms of quality. Even back in the early 1990's, Batman - The Animated Series was superior to X-Men - The Animated Series (beloved as they both are to me, B-TAS was still the better cartoon in literally every respect: animation, voice acting, writing, etc). If they were to introduce an animated aspect of the MCU, obviously Feige will have some input and oversight, hopefully resulting in a major step up overall for Marvel Animation. That said, I haven't see any of the current cartoons like USM or the new Avengers or Hulk series, but from what little I've seen from commercials, they don't see to be doing anything special (and USM is apparently trying to capitalize of the overuse of cutaway gags, a la Family Guy?).

We'll see what they do.

Re: Daredevil (Netflix/MCU TV Series)

I wouldn't assume that. If the series results in strong internal ratings for them (Netflix doesn't share their ratings info with the public or media), I wouldn't put it past Netflix and Marvel to work out a deal for Daredevil Season 2, and same with AKA Jessica Jones if it does well (which it probably will). It would definitely pay off for Netflix to expand their Marvel offerings depending on the success of the first couple shows. Just based on early and strong buzz alone for Daredevil I wouldn't be surprised to see news of them scheduling a season 2 sooner than we expect. Maybe not next year, but possibly in 2017 as a follow up to Defenders.

Might even see some new Marvel characters/properties get a TV show in the Netflix TV series "Phase 2". Punisher could be a fantastic candidate. A sort of anti-Sopranos, if you will. I'd also love to see some of the Marvel horror-inspired characters to possibly get an introduction through a Netflix series. Blade, Morbius, Ghost Rider, Man Thing (we've already had a couple references to him in Iron Man 3--his ex-wife--and Agents of SHIELD--Maria Hill mentions it in a late season 1 episode). Start it off as seemingly an anthology series, cycling focus between Blade and Ghost Rider. Blade is hunting Deacon Frost and comes across some nasty vampires, zombies, and monsters of all kind. Johnny Blaze is just discovering his powers, and the Spirit oy ales control at night. Morbius is a doctor turned living vampire as a result of a genetic "cure" for a rare and lethal blood disorder using stem cells from bat embryos. Jack Russell is a literal Werewolf. And of course, Moon Knight. Eventually, they all meet up by coming across Man Thing, duking it out, and Man Thing's touch showing both them all their worst nightmares (good opportunity for exposition on the characters and their motivations/desires--you could literally do an entire episode on that and showing Man Thing reading them as potential allies through his touch), and eventually teaming up against some greater evil by the series' end. Midnight Sons, indeed.

Actually, out of curiosity, why DIDN'T you include Howard the Duck? It makes little sense to me since both Man-Thing aHoward are running around already in the MCU.

Last edited:

Actually, out of curiosity, why DIDN'T you include Howard the Duck? It makes little sense to me since both Man-Thing aHoward are running around already in the MCU.

Howard wouldn't really fit the dark, horror vibe tone the show would theoretically have. Did you miss the part where I suggested calling it Midnight Sons? How would Howard the Duck work into that?

Howard wouldn't really fit the dark, horror vibe tone the show would theoretically have. Did you miss the part where I suggested calling it Midnight Sons? How would Howard the Duck work into that?

Howard the Duck was introduced in Man-Thing and they're pretty much Murtaugh and Riggs. Howard fits in very well. Always has.

You're completely ignoring the horror character aspect... Howard doesn't qualify.

Again, his roots are horror. Heck did you see his Fear Itself comic? He was running around with his buddy Man-Thing and Frankenstein's Monster. His heroclix figure is him riding Man-Thing's back. Even the movie had him fighting a scary monster.

Last edited:

Again, his roots are horror. Heck did you see his Fear Itself comic? He was running around with his buddy Man-Thing and Frankenstein's Monster. His heroclix figure is him riding Man-Thing's back. Even the movie had him fighting a scary monster.

Batman's roots involved him using a gun... not so anymore. Same applies to Howard. Besides, they introduced him in GotG, so presumably he'll be hanging out in space for the time being.

And seriously, you should never use the Howard the Duck film as justification for anything, ever.

Batman's roots involved him using a gun... not so anymore. Same applies to Howard. Besides, they introduced him in GotG, so presumably he'll be hanging out in space for the time being.

And seriously, you should never use the Howard the Duck film as justification for anything, ever.

Try to tell me right now that the grapnal doesn't look like a gun :p I don't know, now that he's escaped who knows where he'll go. My hope is we get Man-Thing and Howard together at some point.

I have never finished it. Only film I've ever turned off and not went back to. Just couldn't do it.

Latest posts

Back