Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

11156346_761443220620811_9129743966127887283_n.jpg

So this likely explains why there won't be any Hulk solo films for the time being: Universal still owns the film rights to Hulk solo films...

So Marvel can use him as much as they want in terms of Avengers films or other character films (like if Hulk shows up in CA-CW), but they'd have to split profits with Universal on a solo film.

Of course Marvel could work out a deal with Universal, but it seems unnecessary, since they already have Hulk for the Avengers films, and the film rights held by Universal will likely expire soon anyway (the last Hulk movie, Incredible Hulk, came out in 2008, so the standard 7 year window will probably expire any month now, unless the contract they have with Universal is for an unexpected longer amount of time, which is possible).

He's Luke Cage... he don't need no stinkin' helmet!
Once he has his powers! :p

But seriously, I bet it'll be set up in Jessica Jones in his last appearance for his show next year. So many people I've seen comment on this photo like he'll already have it.

Last edited:
He's Luke Cage... he don't need no stinkin' helmet!

That's basically what I said when Ice posted this on facebook.

Once he has his powers! :p

But seriously, I bet it'll be set up in Jessica Jones in his last appearance for his show next year. So many people I've seen comment on this photo like he'll already have it.

Fair enough, but it does beg the question of what role powers will have in the Jessica Jones show. In the comics, Jessica and Luke meet because they are superheroes who both already have powers. Of course Luke and Danny are already BFFs/heroes for hire at that point. The show can and will be completely different, but it makes me wonder about Jessica's origin. In the comics she gets powers and becomes a super hero, even has a short stint as an Avenger. Then she has her run-in with Purple Man and it (understandably) messes her up and she gives up on superheroing. So are they going to forgo the whole powers aspect of her character in the show? Or are they going to have her be a powered super hero who just happens to know Luke Cage before he gets powers too?

That's basically what I said when Ice posted this on facebook.

Fair enough, but it does beg the question of what role powers will have in the Jessica Jones show. In the comics, Jessica and Luke meet because they are superheroes who both already have powers. Of course Luke and Danny are already BFFs/heroes for hire at that point. The show can and will be completely different, but it makes me wonder about Jessica's origin. In the comics she gets powers and becomes a super hero, even has a short stint as an Avenger. Then she has her run-in with Purple Man and it (understandably) messes her up and she gives up on superheroing. So are they going to forgo the whole powers aspect of her character in the show? Or are they going to have her be a powered super hero who just happens to know Luke Cage before he gets powers too?

My guess is that whatever they do with her having powers (or not, we'll have to see), I think in the MCU, she'll end up meeting Luke Cage because of a case. He'll hear of her being a P.I. and ask for her help. And maybe someone tells them of a great lawyer in Hell's Kitchen which would lead them to meeting Matt and Foggy (which if they would appear, even for just a scene/episode would be awesome and really help sell the connection between them all and the shows).

I believe Mike Coulter has said that Luke Cage will already have his powers in AKA Jessica Jones.

First look at Luke Cage on AKA Jessica Jones.

11129547_762327333865733_4223059247752495482_n.jpg

I have faith that this will be good, but I'm trying to reconcile what I've seen Kristin Ritter in with what I've read of Jessica ones in Alias and it's just not meshing.

I have faith that this will be good, but I'm trying to reconcile what I've seen Kristin Ritter in with what I've read of Jessica ones in Alias and it's just not meshing.

Don't Trust the ***** in Apartment 23 is what sold her as Jessica Jones for me. Try that. It helps that it's fantastic.

And yet he financed it anyway... seems like Lucas is trying to rewrite history with that comment about it "not working". If I thought something wasn't going to work I wouldn't have my production studio pony up millions of dollars to make it.

A Howard the Duck film isn't happening anytime soon. Not until around the mid-2030's when the MCU has literally mined every other worthwhile character they own but before they get the rights back to X-Men (they get the FF rights back in the mid 2020's).

Now that Daredevil Season 2 is coming out next year, I'm interested to see how these shows are going to tie together. I assumed that there were going to be threads throughout all the shows that would tie them to Iron Fist's mythology (like Gao in Daredevil) and maybe the Hand and then use them as the big bad in Defenders. Having one season each and then a cross-over show makes that pretty straightforward to do, it gets more complicated when second seasons get thrown into the mix.

I wonder what the release schedule is now. Marvel's official announcement states that AKA Jessica Jones will come out later this year, Daredevil season 2 and Luke Cage will come out in 2016 and "future series exclusively debuting on Netflix include "Marvel's Iron Fist" and "Marvel's Defenders," a mini-series event that reimagines a team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters."

Now that Daredevil Season 2 is coming out next year, I'm interested to see how these shows are going to tie together. I assumed that there were going to be threads throughout all the shows that would tie them to Iron Fist's mythology (like Gao in Daredevil) and maybe the Hand and then use them as the big bad in Defenders. Having one season each and then a cross-over show makes that pretty straightforward to do, it gets more complicated when second seasons get thrown into the mix.

I wonder what the release schedule is now. Marvel's official announcement states that AKA Jessica Jones will come out later this year, Daredevil season 2 and Luke Cage will come out in 2016 and "future series exclusively debuting on Netflix include "Marvel's Iron Fist" and "Marvel's Defenders," a mini-series event that reimagines a team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters."

I wouldn't be surprised to see Netflix attempt to air all five shows as quickly as possible. Meaning, once production has finished on the first season of AKA JJ, LC, and IF, they'll probably begin pre production on second seasons for them almost immediately. I expect even Iron Fist to also come out next year (AKA JJ in late 2015, Luke Cage in early 2016, Daredevil Season 2 in mid 2016, and Iron Fist in late 2016, with the Defenders airing in early/mid 2017, and likely second seasons of the rest of the show's premiering across the rest of 2017 and into 2018).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Netflix attempt to air all five shows as quickly as possible. Meaning, once production has finished on the first season of AKA JJ, LC, and IF, they'll probably begin pre production on second seasons for them almost immediately. I expect even Iron Fist to also come out next year (AKA JJ in late 2015, Luke Cage in early 2016, Daredevil Season 2 in mid 2016, and Iron Fist in late 2016, with the Defenders airing in early/mid 2017, and likely second seasons of the rest of the show's premiering across the rest of 2017 and into 2018.).
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking too.

Latest posts

Back