Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

Ex-Bones? You couldn't have said the guys behind Horrible Bosses? That show really that good?

Has anyone mentioned this yet? As an homage to The Empire Strikes Back, someone loses a hand/arm in every movie and tv show season in phase 2.

Kevin Feige said:
So is this a spoiler for Ant-Man… not really. I'm obsessed with Star Wars. Who's not? I'm 40 years old. I'm in the movie business. I went to USC. So I'm obsessed with Star Wars - and it didn't start out as intentional, but it became intentional, including that beat that you referenced. It sort of happens in every Star Wars movie, but I was sort of looking at it, 'Okay, is Phase Two our Empire Strikes Back?' Not really, but tonally things are a little different. Somebody gets their arm cut off in every Phase Two movie. Every single one.

Iron Man 3 -
Aldrich Killian gets his hand sliced off on a blade from Iron Man's suit (it grows back because of the Extremis)

Thor: The Dark World -
Loki cuts off Thor's arm with a Dagger (turns out to be an illusion)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier -
Bucky's arm gets cut off and replaced with a bionic/mechanical arm

Guardians of the Galaxy -
Gamora cuts off both of Groots arms when they first meet (they grow back)

Daredevil -
Stick cuts a guy's hand off at the beginning of episode 7

Avengers: Age of Ultron -
Ultron cuts off Klaw's arm

Agents of SHIELD season 2 -
In the season finale, Mack cuts off Coulson's arm with an ax to save his life after he touched the diviner

Ant-Man -
When Cross/Yellow Jacket shrinks into nothing at the end, his arm goes first (this one's a little weak)

Last edited:
Netflix Clarifies Defenders Release Schedule, Jessica Jones In 2015

"He further laid out the ideal schedule for Marvel's Defenders group lineup of shows, which is to have a new series or season premiere every six months."

So Jessica Jones in October, most likely (6 months after Daredevil in April), which does fit into the time frame they said it'd be released in.

Last edited:
Marvel To Adapt Iron Man 3 And Winter Soldier As Comics, Ahead Of Civil War, By Will Corona Pilgrim And Szymon Krudanski

Will Corona Pilgrim and Szymon Krudanski are to write and draw Marvel's Captain America: Civil War Prelude, an MCU prelude to the upcoming Captain America: Civil War movie, a four issue series, and additional decampi comic Marvel's Captain America: Civil War Prelude Infinite Comic.

But it seems to be an adaptation of the previous movies Iron Man 3 and Captain America: Winter Soldier.

Sounds like Iron Man 3 Adaptation #1-2, Captain America: The Winter Soldier Adaptation #1-2, and Captain America: Civil War Prelude Infinite Comic.

I hope we get new scenes.

How would you guys feel about del Toro doing a Fantastic Four movie? I'm finally getting around to watching Hellboy II and I have Fantastic Four on the brain after re-reading Kirby/Lee's run (about to start Byrne for the first time). The whole scene with Hellboy purposely knocking himself out the window could fit really well with Johnny purposely going supernova in front of the window knowing it'll blast him out of it. Also I feel like del Toro could deliver a really compelling Annihilus and Negative Zone while really connecting with the main theme of the team, family. Also imagine Galactus. You know he'd do it right.

Last edited:
Marvel's Most Wanted

Variety.com reports on August 20, 2015:
Despite putting a halt on the "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" spinoff, which was proposed earlier this year, ABC is closing in on a deal to order a pilot for a project centered around Mockingbird, Variety has learned exclusively.

Titled "Marvel's Most Wanted," the drama will focus on popular "SHIELD" characters Adrianne Palicki's Bobbi Morse (also known as Mockingbird) and Nick Blood's Lance Hunter. The two actors will topline the pilot and prospective series.

God I hope Mads is playing Doom and they get to adapt that story where they go to hell to save Doom's mother.

This is interesting:

Following the announcement that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige will now report directly to Disney Studio Chief Alan Horn instead of Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac Perlmutter, word is circulating from BirthMoviesDeath that the Marvel Creative Committee has disbanded.

The group, which once oversaw the development of Marvel Studios productions, included members like President of Marvel Entertainment Alan Fine, superstar comics writer Brian Michael Bendis, Marvel Comics publisher Dan Buckley and Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada. The Committee would offer notes and thoughts on projects as they developed from script to screen.

Though Marvel's films have been almost unanimously embraced by audiences worldwide, BirthMoviesDeath reports that the Committee was a source of frustration for many working on the productions, focusing "on details of nit-picky science that ignored the general tone of the script itself" and causing director Edgar Wright to depart the "Ant-Man" film. Additionally, as many of the Committee members hold other important jobs within the publisher, this process was often slow and affected the work of the filmmakers.

I, for one, love the idea that Bendis is the reason Wright left Ant-Man or that it's his fault Iron Man 3 is among the worst movies ever made.

This is interesting:

I, for one, love the idea that Bendis is the reason Wright left Ant-Man or that it's his fault Iron Man 3 is among the worst movies ever made.

What with this unbridled hate you have for Bendis? Did he not let go your Eggo?..

This is interesting:

Except Edgar Wright leaving and Iron Man 3 are both good things.

I wonder if this is (somewhat) in response to the "meh" reception to Ant-Man and Age of Ultron.

Overall, it seems like a good decision. Marvel's movies have been solid, but the vast majority have been fairly formulaic. Seems like those in charge wanted to fix that before it became a big problem.

I wonder if this is (somewhat) in response to the "meh" reception to Ant-Man and Age of Ultron.

Overall, it seems like a good decision. Marvel's movies have been solid, but the vast majority have been fairly formulaic. Seems like those in charge wanted to fix that before it became a big problem.
This has nothing to do with that and everything to do with Marvel Studios going to a different part of Disney, where Perlmutter doesn't have control.

Latest posts

Back