Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

It would be cool if at the end of Civil War the end credits sting was the Ravagers or the Guardians of the Galaxy all beaten on the ground. Some chanting too. The camera pans up over their bodies as the chanting gets more intense. The final shot is Green Scar in his throne. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: Planet Hulk.

This has nothing to do with that and everything to do with Marvel Studios going to a different part of Disney, where Perlmutter doesn't have control.

Them going in a different direction doesn't explain WHY they decided to go in a new direction.

They left to get away from Perlmutter after Fiege threatened to quit because he and Ike kept butting heads.

I'll take it.

Why Bendis is let within 10 miles of any of these movies is something I do not understand. Was it for his award-winning script on the Ultimate Spider-Man game?

I'll take it.

Why Bendis is let within 10 miles of any of these movies is something I do not understand. Was it for his award-winning script on the Ultimate Spider-Man game?

I just read an article recently where Bendis was described as Marvel's "de facto top writer". That's just the truth. His comics sell. Whether or not they should.

I'll take it.

I heard the main reason for the split other than the Perlmutter situation was due to Bendis' insistence that Tom Holland's Spider-Man mask be capable of squinting. True story.

I just read an article recently where Bendis was described as Marvel's "de facto top writer". That's just the truth. His comics sell. Whether or not they should.

Well, he mostly tends to write books that are and always have been huge sellers even without him.

I heard the main reason for the split other than the Perlmutter situation was due to Bendis' insistence that Tom Holland's Spider-Man mask be capable of squinting. True story.

I'd kill for moving eyepieces on Spider-Man. That's always been my favorite.

I'd kill for moving eyepieces on Spider-Man. That's always been my favorite.

Googly-eyed-spiderman.jpg

Thor: Ragnarok Lands New Director

Taiki Waititi is in negotiations to direct "Thor: Ragnarok" following his work on the vampire spoof "What We Do In the Shadows," which he co-wrote and co-directed. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ruben Fleischer, Rob Letterman and Rawson Marshall Thurber were also considered for the job.

In addition to "What We Do in the Shadows," Waititi has written and directed episodes of "Flight of the Conchords." He is currently a writer on Disney's "Moana," which will star Dwayne Johnson. He is no stranger to comic book films, having appeared in Warner Bros.' "Green Lantern" film alongside "Deadpool" star Ryan Reynolds.

Latest posts

Back