Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Yeah I'm gonna use their order for Love and Thunder too as it'll be the only thing that really points to a specific year. I still use what the films present first if it lines up like with Eternals, Shang-Chi and Moon Knight but for this one I think Disney+ is gonna be our best bet for a year until something more specific happens.
Yeah, as long as there is nothing contradictory (like said movies), I think it makes sense to try and follow it as much as we can. I'm curious where Love & Thunder is placed. After Ms. Marvel wouldn't be surprising, but after Multiverse of Madness, who knows. I'm starting to think they believe Endgame ended earlier in 2023 which is why they placed The Falcon & The Winter Soldier before Shang-Chi which of course has to be March-April.

Last edited:
I'm choosing to use their order too, except for the places there are obvious contradictions like Eternals and Shang-Chi. Stuff like Moon Knight is still vague enough to where I think their placement works (I'm still not personally sure the moon phase thing was intentional and even if it was, I think thing's changed). I'm hoping Love & Thunder is placed in between Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel, but I guess we'll see.Regarding contradiction for Eternals and Shang-Chi? Personally, I find Eternals fits quite well after Shang-Chi, as the world seems far too normal to be right after EndGame but I see both sides.
I'm choosing to use their order too, except for the places there are obvious contradictions like Eternals and Shang-Chi. Stuff like Moon Knight is still vague enough to where I think their placement works (I'm still not personally sure the moon phase thing was intentional and even if it was, I think thing's changed). I'm hoping Love & Thunder is placed in between Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel, but I guess we'll see.
When you say contradictions for Eternals and Shang-Chi, are you referring to this forum's placement of Eternals being 2023?

When you say contradictions for Eternals and Shang-Chi, are you referring to this forum's placement of Eternals being 2023?
Eternals should be 2023. Ajak mentions Thanos erasing half the population "5 Years Ago" and other dialogue in the movie makes it seem like it isn't too long after Endgame. I believe during production, Eternals was supposed to be the first chronological movie post Endgame which makes sense since it originally would have been the first movie of Phase 4 set in the "present-day" (Black Widow was 2016). However, Covid pushed Shang-Chi to release first and I think the Disney+ timeline is just using Shang-Chi being the first "present day" released movie and assuming the same is true chronologically.

Not sure if anyone noticed this easter egg in Thor 4 but...
Darryl was the tour guide showing people the broken pieces of the hammer before Jane became Mighty Thor. I gasped in the theater when I saw him and everyone around me perked up like 'omg what?'

Eternals should be 2023. Ajak mentions Thanos erasing half the population "5 Years Ago" and other dialogue in the movie makes it seem like it isn't too long after Endgame. I believe during production, Eternals was supposed to be the first chronological movie post Endgame which makes sense since it originally would have been the first movie of Phase 4 set in the "present-day" (Black Widow was 2016). However, Covid pushed Shang-Chi to release first and I think the Disney+ timeline is just using Shang-Chi being the first "present day" released movie and assuming the same is true chronologically.
I'd have to rewatch to get a feeling for how soon after Endgame it feels. For me, it can work after Shang-Chi, in May 2024 for example. Someone would maybe say 5 years if we're still not at 6 years, although any later than May and I'm struggling. This is ignoring all pumpkins which I can put down to props. At least the ending is such a huge event that they can easily reference it in the future to nail it down for us.

Darryl was the tour guide showing people the broken pieces of the hammer before Jane became Mighty Thor. I gasped in the theater when I saw him and everyone around me perked up like 'omg what?'
Yeah that was awesome. When we do our MCU binge every year we include those for fun and that was a nice Easter egg to see in the film.

I'd have to rewatch to get a feeling for how soon after Endgame it feels. For me, it can work after Shang-Chi, in May 2024 for example. Someone would maybe say 5 years if we're still not at 6 years, although any later than May and I'm struggling. This is ignoring all pumpkins which I can put down to props. At least the ending is such a huge event that they can easily reference it in the future to nail it down for us.
It absolutely can work in 2024 but there's more evidence pointing to 2023 over that which is why it's placed there here. But whatever feels right to you go with.

Nothing about the movie feels like it's May though. The weather is clearly closer to late Fall/early Winter and there are even some posters in London for November events. Which matches with the pumpkin. All the evidence in the movie leans closer to Fall and if it was meant to be Fall 2024, they would have had Ajak say 6 Years Ago to make that clear.

It absolutely can work in 2024 but there's more evidence pointing to 2023 over that which is why it's placed there here. But whatever feels right to you go with.
Having just rewatched Civil War, there are so many exact year numbers in it that to me, the 'it's been 5 years' in Eternals is just as deliberate. Sam says they searched for Bucky for 2 years, Sokovia was last year, Avengers have operated for 4 years, Tony became Iron Man 8 years ago. So now I'm more than comfortable with Eternals in 2023 than ever before because they don't seem to throw years out willy nilly.

Having just rewatched Civil War, there are so many exact year numbers in it that to me, the 'it's been 5 years' in Eternals is just as deliberate. Sam says they searched for Bucky for 2 years, Sokovia was last year, Avengers have operated for 4 years, Tony became Iron Man 8 years ago. So now I'm more than comfortable with Eternals in 2023 than ever before because they don't seem to throw years out willy nilly.
Apart from "eight years later", haha.

So Thor L&T in May 2024. Cool.

Yeah I saw that video. He does bring up some interesting points but I'd have to rewatch the film to be sure of the 6 months later after the blip...I must have missed that part.

Yeah I saw that video. He does bring up some interesting points but I'd have to rewatch the film to be sure of the 6 months later after the blip...I must have missed that part.
Did he say the film mentioned 6 months since the Blip? It seemed like he was using purely cut content referencing Gorr and the moon phase to place this film. While I think the moon was a good way to place Moon Knight I don't think it's accurate to every single MCU installment and I definitely think going off cut content is also a bad way to do this. I saw the film twice and carefully listened and looked for anything that could show the time the film happened and caught nothing said of when shit takes place, especially nothing that said it had been 6 months since Endgame. I still think our best bet is going off the Disney+ timeline until further notice

If only they could all be as exact as Thor narrowing down the exact years, months and days lol

Did he say the film mentioned 6 months since the Blip? It seemed like he was using purely cut content referencing Gorr and the moon phase to place this film. While I think the moon was a good way to place Moon Knight I don't think it's accurate to every single MCU installment and I definitely think going off cut content is also a bad way to do this. I saw the film twice and carefully listened and looked for anything that could show the time the film happened and caught nothing said of when shit takes place, especially nothing that said it had been 6 months since Endgame. I still think our best bet is going off the Disney+ timeline until further notice
I think the implication was that
she was 'diagnosed' six months
after she returned from the blip. That's the part I feel like I missed. The 4/30 does actually match up close with that idea as does everyone saying the 3 years vs 8 years exchange putting their breakup around 2016ish...

I think the implication was that
she was 'diagnosed' six months
after she returned from the blip. That's the part I feel like I missed. The 4/30 does actually match up close with that idea as does everyone saying the 3 years vs 8 years exchange putting their breakup around 2016ish...
I feel like the Jane/Blip thing is too vague to really connect to the
cancer diagnosis

Completely the same experience, including everyone else being like wtf? I had to explain it to my gf, but as soon as I said it, she was equally stoked. Although not as much as we both were for the mid-credits scene o_O

Geekritique seems to use this and the wiki timeline when making his videos. The whole using the moon phases to determine Moon Knight's placement, came from a user on the wiki and the same user is trying to use moon phases to determine Love & Thunder, which I personally feel is ridiculous. I doubt Marvel is intentionally lining up future moon phases to determine when things are taking place. It's a fictional universe and it's ok if the moon doesn't match real life, which I'm sure if you go back to previous movies/shows, there are examples of it not lining up with our world. I believe Moon Knight could have looked at phases given the nature of the show, but even then I doubt it's been adhered to as they even said things could change with it's placement. Moon Knight and Love & Thunder are both vague enough to where I'll follow their Disney + placements.

Geekritique seems to use this and the wiki timeline when making his videos. The whole using the moon phases to determine Moon Knight's placement, came from a user on the wiki and the same user is trying to use moon phases to determine Love & Thunder, which I personally feel is ridiculous. I doubt Marvel is intentionally lining up future moon phases to determine when things are taking place. It's a fictional universe and it's ok if the moon doesn't match real life, which I'm sure if you go back to previous movies/shows, there are examples of it not lining up with our world. I believe Moon Knight could have looked at phases given the nature of the show, but even then I doubt it's been adhered to as they even said things could change with it's placement. Moon Knight and Love & Thunder are both vague enough to where I'll follow their Disney + placements.
Like you said I believe due to the nature of Moon Knight's show and the fact the moon phases not only are accurate to the days and the passing time but also shown accurately in the end credits of each episode as the series moves forward and that shows it's something that was considered for the series when planning it and therefore can be used as a way to judge the series placement. Admittedly it is something that they can easily retcon later and due to covid messing up how things went it just might as they said. As for Love and Thunder like you said the moon phases is not something any film or show will generally take into account and can't be used to judge everything, I believe Love and Thunder is vauge enough to use wherever Disney+ places it unless anything shows up to reveal the placement better.

I have no issue using the Disney+ placement when nothing else really shows one, even I placed Moon Knight in 2025 first originally because of it. However if anything does a better job of placing an installment like with Eternals, Shang-Chi or now Moon Knight I definitely use that instead.

Latest posts

Back