Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Sorry for double post but I didn't found answers; is this comics canon? It's added on both MCU Fandom Wiki and Wikipedia:

I think DIrishB only added the comics that had the MCU Official Tie-In stamp on the cover, but he did also add the Infinite comics, which didn't have the stamp.

I'm okay with adding 500 Year War to the timeline, but I'll need the help of someone who owns physical copies of these comics to separate the pages by time period.

Reactions: Dok
I think DIrishB only added the comics that had the MCU Official Tie-In stamp on the cover, but he did also add the Infinite comics, which didn't have the stamp.

I'm okay with adding 500 Year War to the timeline, but I'll need the help of someone who owns physical copies of these comics to separate the pages by time period.

This one doesn't have a physical release, unfortunately.

On "I am Groot" : Gunn put the matter to bed, definitively saying that the shorts are "not canon to the Guardians saga."

I already didn't like Gunn for meddling in the canonicity debate about tie-in comics and MTV shows, but now he's even making his own shorts non-canon.
This I believe has been blown out if proportion. He is referring to his Guardians Saga, and not the first time he's referred to his 3 films as the Guardians Saga. The point of that comment I believe was the shorts are not intended to be an installment in the Guardians Trilogy and he isn't going to be taking what happens in the shorts into account with his films. This isn't really his show as he said, he's one of 6 Executive Producers and did not write or direct any episodes. I think all he meant was he's not considering this part of his work or his Guardians series. If he didn't consider them canon to the MCU he would've said MCU, as he has before, not Guardians Saga.

This I believe has been blown out if proportion. He is referring to his Guardians Saga, and not the first time he's referred to his 3 films as the Guardians Saga. The point of that comment I believe was the shorts are not intended to be an installment in the Guardians Trilogy and he isn't going to be taking what happens in the shorts into account with his films. This isn't really his show as he said, he's one of 6 Executive Producers and did not write or direct any episodes. I think all he meant was he's not considering this part of his work or his Guardians series. If he didn't consider them canon to the MCU he would've said MCU, as he has before, not Guardians Saga.
More likely he's just stupid. Guardians is MCU.

On "I am Groot" : Gunn put the matter to bed, definitively saying that the shorts are "not canon to the Guardians saga."

I already didn't like Gunn for meddling in the canonicity debate about tie-in comics and MTV shows, but now he's even making his own shorts non-canon.
I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they were just fun extras similar to the Team Thor shorts. The only thing I could see confirming if they're canon is if they're placed on the Disney + timeline.

More likely he's just stupid. Guardians is MCU.
Again he clearly knows this and wasn't stating the "Guardians Saga" isn't part of the MCU either. Based on the rest of the posts he made that day answering fans it real seems like he was saying the aren't important/part of the Guardians film series. I think he stupidly was using the words "canon to" and "part of" interchangeably and it was taken far too seriously. I Am Groot is canon the the MCU

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they were just fun extras similar to the Team Thor shorts. The only thing I could see confirming if they're canon is if they're placed on the Disney + timeline.
Well the series hasnt released so I can't say for certain but I'm fairly sure the main difference between I Am Groot and Team Thor is one I likely made as a set of fun shorts based on a chatacter but still meant to be in universe and the other was clearly meant only as a parody and nothing more.

I Am Groot is no different than the Guardians in IW/EG and Thor LAT. I'm not really interested in the show, but the point stands.

Also keep in mind the solo flicks give much needed character development. My in-laws went into No Way Home having not seen any of the Sony films (SM 1-3, TASM 1-2, Venom 1-2) and they simply didn't enjoy it as much because they didn't know anything about Tobey or Andrew's versions.
Same with mine. Which is why I put together a "best of" for the non MCU Spider-Men. A little 2 hour movie just of their origins, Uncle Ben deaths and "boss fights". Watched it right before No Way Home. I think it helped. Also will be the only way I watch these Spidey films in a full MCU rewatch. Also movie edits of the Disney Plus shows, and skipping the non Disney Plus shows.

That makes 3 now, if you include Ursa and Xavier

What do you guys think?

Who is Ursa? I don't remember that character? Also, I think Kamala is not realted to Inhumans or Kree in the MCU and is the first mutant in the main MCU timeline. Regarding the talk of different dimensions and all of that, maybe it means that she came into the main universe via a universe where mutants exist, and that's how we will get the X-Men as well.

I Am Groot is no different than the Guardians in IW/EG and Thor LAT. I'm not really interested in the show, but the point stands.
I know, I agree with that and my point is I think that was the point he was trying to make. I Am Groot is like IW/E and LaT, using the Guardians but not part of the "Guardians Saga" as is film series. Like how Forces of Destiny are Star Wars canon but not part of the Star Wars Saga. Ya feel? I don't think he was saying it's not MCU canon, I think he was just using the word canon stupidly.

What do you guys think?

Who is Ursa? I don't remember that character? Also, I think Kamala is not realted to Inhumans or Kree in the MCU and is the first mutant in the main MCU timeline. Regarding the talk of different dimensions and all of that, maybe it means that she came into the main universe via a universe where mutants exist, and that's how we will get the X-Men as well.

In a recent AMA on Reddit Iman Vellani confirmed that Kamala Khan is the first MCU mutant (ignoring Professor X) but the AoS theme is an interesting easter egg and I have no doubt her bangle will be Kree related (maybe the MCU version of the Quantum Bands?). Ursa was a minor character in Black Widow who arm wrestled Alexei Shostakov in prison and is a mutant in the comics named Ursa Major.

The newest ride is apparently another branch of this MCU multiverse.

Curious how they'll establish Mutants in the main MCU reality since Xavier exists in a slightly similar timeline called Earth-838; implying that the main X-Men universe (Earth-10005 and it's alt timelines) could be a universe where Mutants were widespread much earlier and the Avengers never formed.

In a recent AMA on Reddit Iman Vellani confirmed that Kamala Khan is the first MCU mutant (ignoring Professor X) but the AoS theme is an interesting easter egg and I have no doubt her bangle will be Kree related (maybe the MCU version of the Quantum Bands?). Ursa was a minor character in Black Widow who arm wrestled Alexei Shostakov in prison and is a mutant in the comics named Ursa Major.
Granted Ursa didn't look like a bear, but Red Guardian certainly called him that. "Ooh, look at the big bear."

Granted Ursa didn't look like a bear, but Red Guardian certainly called him that. "Ooh, look at the big bear."
I agree that's it's very likely he can transform into a bear in the MCU I'd argue that he could likely still not be a mutant within the MCU canon.

I really think Chan Ho Yin should logically be a mutant. He's based off a character from the comics who is a mutant and his powers were almost completely unexplained.

Ray Johnson, who you may know as John Wraith from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, was referenced on WandaVision. He's a mutant character but we know nothing of him in the MCU.

Of course, Sony's Spider-Man Universe has already introduced mutants into its continuity with Shriek. Madame Web is also a mutant. There's no reason to believe they aren't mutants so I'm assuming they are.

I really don't think we need a big explanation for mutants in the MCU. Just introducing them naturally like any other character is fine.

Personally, I've always liked the idea that the X-Men and mutants were part of their own parallel universe/timeline. I never really thought they meshed well with the rest of the Marvel universe.

I really think Chan Ho Yin should logically be a mutant. He's based off a character from the comics who is a mutant and his powers were almost completely unexplained.

Ray Johnson, who you may know as John Wraith from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, was referenced on WandaVision. He's a mutant character but we know nothing of him in the MCU.

Of course, Sony's Spider-Man Universe has already introduced mutants into its continuity with Shriek. Madame Web is also a mutant. There's no reason to believe they aren't mutants so I'm assuming they are.

I really don't think we need a big explanation for mutants in the MCU. Just introducing them naturally like any other character is fine.
"My dear, I am over 2000 years old." - Farouk
tumblr_p7decd2yn_W1wktrqko2_540.gif

Latest posts

Back