Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Joe Russo confirms that Josh and I are right. Spoilers in link: https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/avengers-endgame-russo-brothers-captain-america/

Welp, this just all goes back to what's been my Instagram bio for years now. "I'm just some dude. I dont know a god**** thing." I do think that future films could potentially swing to either interpretation, death of the author and all that, but for now I guess this is as official as it gets.

I still look forward to returning to the infinity saga with fan edits that play it all chronologically based on the interpretation that I had though.

I'm literally jumping up and down screaming with excitement...

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/

This will mark the second time that Luna has played Ghost Rider, previously appearing as the character in the ABC-Marvel series "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." storyline.

Just when we thought everything started to be more connected.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested to see this, send me a PM. I have uploaded to Google Drive an edit I did of all the previous 20 MCU movies (only Infinity War and Endgame aren't included) in chronological order. It just introduces most characters and storylines that are important in the last two movies and has all the scenes the Infinity Stones are shown in. It's in 2 parts, each about 2 hrs and 15 min. Part 1 is 1942-2015. And part 2 is 2016-2018.

I'm interested to know what people think, and if any scenes were left out that should have been included. I mainly dealt with just showing who everyone is, and where each stone (minus the Soul Stone of course) is and kinda what it does. I also added text onscreen with the name of each stone/ container, important heroes (and some villains), dates and locations, as needed.

Endgame was written basically as a way to screw with us, right?

For the Captain America problem, I think that he went back in time and stayed within the main timeline sometime just after Agent Carter. If he went into a different dimension and lived through that, then you're opening up the whole problem of how can you jump between dimensions, if you can control what dimension you're going between

Endgame was written basically as a way to screw with us, right?

For the Captain America problem, I think that he went back in time and stayed within the main timeline sometime just after Agent Carter. If he went into a different dimension and lived through that, then you're opening up the whole problem of how can you jump between dimensions, if you can control what dimension you're going between
Well, that's been confirmed to be false. Works for me.

Something else I noticed
backing up alternate universes:

In 2012, when Hulk comes out of the stairwell and starts walking towards the people in the lobby of Stark Tower, the tv next to him can be seen playing WHJN News, not the MCU's typical WHIH News. This seems almost like Spider-Verse when things are very slightly different in each dimension to differentiate them.

So I just saw Endgame again and...
Right before Steve and Tony go back to 1970, they say the date out loud as they punch it into their wrist-time machines. It sounded to me like they said 04-07-1970. Can anyone confirm?

Oh man, just from that Linkin Park cover I'm excited!

As a side note, returning to the Endgame discussion...

Something still doesnt sit right with me about the alternate reality discussion from the other day. If the act of a time traveler simply making contact is enough to branch things off into alternate realities, then how does Cap returning the stones fix anything? Following this explanation of the time travel, simply returning to those realities should branch them off again. Sure, these new branches have the stones returned, but those would simply be branches off a timeline that doesnt have the stone. I get that we see a physical representation of what occurs when the stone is returned, but with the revelation by the Russo bros that these are in fact different realities, both trains of logic seem opposed to eachother. Am I missing something here?

Oh man, just from that Linkin Park cover I'm excited!

As a side note, returning to the Endgame discussion...

Something still doesnt sit right with me about the alternate reality discussion from the other day. If the act of a time traveler simply making contact is enough to branch things off into alternate realities, then how does Cap returning the stones fix anything? Following this explanation of the time travel, simply returning to those realities should branch them off again. Sure, these new branches have the stones returned, but those would simply be branches off a timeline that doesnt have the stone. I get that we see a physical representation of what occurs when the stone is returned, but with the revelation by the Russo bros that these are in fact different realities, both trains of logic seem opposed to eachother. Am I missing something here?

Good question. I've been thinking about it for a bit and here's what I got:

Option 1: visiting your own past creates a new branch universe, but visiting an established alternate timeline does not.

Since they created the new 2012 branch, it can now be visited without creating a new branch since this new dimension now has its own unique future. One very different from MCU Prime. Cap returning returning there is similar to the idea of MCU Cap showing up in the 616 universe, or in a Deadpool movie, etc.

Option 2: Instantaneous returns.

It's possible the gear they were using is able to pinpoint the EXACT nanosecond they left each new branch dimension, and return the stones so that they were never actually gone, chronologically.

Option 3: endless multiverse.

Perhaps you're right, and they did doom all these new realities. Or the heroes there just have a whole new set of problems to deal with and overcome.

Latest posts

Back