Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

How do you all go about things like time travel/ alt dimensions when editing your videos together?
I've been editing things together so that the protagonist of the scene's POV is always continuous. I've tried putting time travel scenes where they belong in the timeline but watching it, narratively makes it a complete mess and almost unwatchable.

Does anyone have any timeline worked out like that where narratively, things make more sense?

Just rewatched MoM. Due to the leaves on the trees having still not completely fallen off, we can assume that this is early-mid November. That means that the main events of NWH must come a week or two before MoM.

So recently I learned that America Chavez was intended to appear in No Way Home based on some concept art. She was the one that was going to open the portals to the other Spider-Men, not Ned but then Covid messed with the release order and she was removed and it was quickly changed to Ned opening the portals. However this could explain the Fall-ish appearance for Multiverse of Madness as it was originally intended to take place before No Way Home.

Also on Moon Knight since there's little evidence pointing to 2024 or 2025 I'm going with 2024 as there is slightly more evidence to that placement until something more clear is released. For Multiverse of Madness I'm going with early 2025 as a leaker who leaked a near exact plot breakdown of the film before No Way Home even released states that the film picks up around 2 months after No Way Home and they definitely seemed to have some knowledge on the inside. I understand that Leakers aren't the greatest source of information but again until something more concrete than the Disney+ timeline (which I refuse to even reference at this point) or the "most recently Spider-Man" line and the seemingly fall setting which could've been bungled due to Covid. I gotta go with mid 2024 for Moon Knight between FatWS and FFH and early 2025 for Multiverse of Madness between Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel

Last edited:
What does everyone think about this.

Edit: This is so true at this point.

"For people who casually enjoy the MCU, it's become an exhaustive trip of being lost in a Spider-Man movie when they haven't seen the latest Doctor Strange or Avengers film. Even die-hard fans of the MCU must be tired of endlessly searching for Easter eggs and internal references that make whatever they're seeing more comprehensible. At this point, the MCU is rarely even a collection of movies and TV shows. It's either an hours-long scavenger hunt or an exam that has to be studied for."

Last edited:
What does everyone think about this.

Edit: This is so true at this point.

"For people who casually enjoy the MCU, it's become an exhaustive trip of being lost in a Spider-Man movie when they haven't seen the latest Doctor Strange or Avengers film. Even die-hard fans of the MCU must be tired of endlessly searching for Easter eggs and internal references that make whatever they're seeing more comprehensible. At this point, the MCU is rarely even a collection of movies and TV shows. It's either an hours-long scavenger hunt or an exam that has to be studied for."
I mean for us it is yeah. But my family and some of my friends also casually enjoy the MCU. They don't really care about exact timeline placements and shit like that. Overall the connections between films is pretty basic and limited to chatacters and small references to other projects. So long as you've seen the Avengers films (and maybe Civil War) you've seen the core of what the MCU references. Most other things are just "hey look it's Doctor Strange". Multiverse of Madness I'll admit required WandaVision before but even then I had a friend who had no interest in WandaVision and got the jist of evil witch book make her bad. But generally you need to have seen A. The films that came before it in the series (Gotta watch Iron Man 2 before 3 ya know) and B. The Avengers films and you're pretty good to go overall. You don't need to understand every heroes origin to understand why they're in the story like why Doctor Strange learned Sorcery isn't something you need to know for No Way Home, just that he is a sorcerer. Sure if you don't see everything youll miss an easter egg or reference but most people don't care as much as we do

I mean for us it is yeah. But my family and some of my friends also casually enjoy the MCU. They don't really care about exact timeline placements and shit like that. Overall the connections between films is pretty basic and limited to chatacters and small references to other projects. So long as you've seen the Avengers films (and maybe Civil War) you've seen the core of what the MCU references. Most other things are just "hey look it's Doctor Strange". Multiverse of Madness I'll admit required WandaVision before but even then I had a friend who had no interest in WandaVision and got the jist of evil witch book make her bad. But generally you need to have seen A. The films that came before it in the series (Gotta watch Iron Man 2 before 3 ya know) and B. The Avengers films and you're pretty good to go overall. You don't need to understand every heroes origin to understand why they're in the story like why Doctor Strange learned Sorcery isn't something you need to know for No Way Home, just that he is a sorcerer. Sure if you don't see everything youll miss an easter egg or reference but most people don't care as much as we do
Also keep in mind the solo flicks give much needed character development. My in-laws went into No Way Home having not seen any of the Sony films (SM 1-3, TASM 1-2, Venom 1-2) and they simply didn't enjoy it as much because they didn't know anything about Tobey or Andrew's versions.

Also keep in mind the solo flicks give much needed character development. My in-laws went into No Way Home having not seen any of the Sony films (SM 1-3, TASM 1-2, Venom 1-2) and they simply didn't enjoy it as much because they didn't know anything about Tobey or Andrew's versions.
Oh for sure they certainly flesh out the characters and add to the enjoyment to the fioms but they are not necessary for enjoyment or viewing. Tho I will admit No Way Home is an exception for the other Spider-Man films being fairly important to the characters. But very largely Marvel Studios has kept needing a good knowledge of the larger MCU to a minimum for the average film with few exceptions

So it could be weeks or even months.

Just rewatched MoM. Due to the leaves on the trees having still not completely fallen off, we can assume that this is early-mid November. That means that the main events of NWH must come a week or two before MoM.
NWH has to come after Halloween, or else the scene where MJ is asked to remove the decorations won't make any sense.

If we go off Shang-Chi ending in May then Moon Knight would be after it and FatWS I believe and before FFH
I'm still personally going with 2025. Especially since I'm not a fan of having Shang-Chi, TF&TWS, Moon Knight, and FFH all within such a small timeframe. Of course, everyone else is entitled to their opinion on the matter.

Its gotten so ambiguous as of late for sure...
I think it's because of the pandemic, and how it's affected more than just the first 3 shows. Given all the info we had about dropped scenes and in the case of MK that they had a date for it etc, I think the pandemic forced them to squeeze 3 years worth of content into 2 years and it just feels cramped beyond belief. Look at 2012 vs 2024...its insane.

If we go off Shang-Chi ending in May then Moon Knight would be after it and FatWS I believe and before FFH
Yeah that's how I have it in my guide anyway. Even before the May/June question. I actually like the idea of jumping back and forth between new and old properties. Eternals, WV, Shang-Chi, FATWS, MK, Loki, What If, FFH. At least in my guide that's how it is.

Yeah that's how I have it in my guide anyway. Even before the May/June question. I actually like the idea of jumping back and forth between new and old properties. Eternals, WV, Shang-Chi, FATWS, MK, Loki, What If, FFH. At least in my guide that's how it is.
I always place a film where it chronologically ends. Not where the majority of the story takes place.

Latest posts

Back