Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Oh, I believe they intentionally used the moon phases during production, however, I don't think it's being adhered to. They even said they had a time period in mind that could later be changed. Which is what I think is happening. Given the MCU doesn't always line up with our world, I choose the Disney+ placement over the moon phases since other than it, there's absolutely nothing placing Moon Knight specifically in 2024. The fact that they put Multiverse of Madness before Hawkeye (clearly set in December 2024) and Moon Knight after, makes me believe they want Multiverse of Madness in 2024 and Moon Knight in 2025.
I guess to me, if they wanted these entries to be here or there, they would have made solid references to put them there. Instead they chose to just leave them vague. WV, FATWS, Hawkeye, NWH and I'd even argue Eternals, and Shang Chi, are all pretty set where they are with references to tie them down. Suddenly after that they just decided to remove references and leave things up to us to decide? And then put Ms Marvel definitively where it is? That seems really weird to me. Makes it seem there was something else going on for MK and Thor 4 that caused them to do that. I don't know, I'm rambling now sorry.

The Iron Man 3/The Dark World placement is just them going off TDW's opening scene set directly after The Avengers. I don't agree with it, but I understand how they came up with it. As for Eternals, I believe it's a case of the movie being produced as the first film set after Endgame but with Covid messing with their releases, they put Shang-Chi first since it was released first. Now that we're out of COVID schedule changes, I'm hoping the Disney + timeline can be more accurate, which to me it has been past Eternals.
That's all speculative though, which is why I don't trust their placement. It feels like they have their own rules to place things and not a defined set of rules to ensure its' correct across the board.

I guess to me, if they wanted these entries to be here or there, they would have made solid references to put them there. Instead they chose to just leave them vague. WV, FATWS, Hawkeye, NWH and I'd even argue Eternals, and Shang Chi, are all pretty set where they are with references to tie them down. Suddenly after that they just decided to remove references and leave things up to us to decide? And then put Ms Marvel definitively where it is? That seems really weird to me. Makes it seem there was something else going on for MK and Thor 4 that caused them to do that. I don't know, I'm rambling now sorry.
No, I get it. The vagueness is aggravating. As we get out of Covid delays and production issues, I'm hoping things become more coherent. My theory is that starting with Love & Thunder, a majority of the present-day set films may start taking place around the time they're released, just a few years later. For example, Love & Thunder could be near July 2025, Wakanda Forever around November 2025, Quantumania around February 2026, etc. I feel like Guardians of the Galaxy 3 could be closer to Summer 2025 though, depending on how big a time jump there is between it and Love & Thunder. It'll be interesting to see how these movies are placed on Disney+.

That's all speculative though, which is why I don't trust their placement. It feels like they have their own rules to place things and not a defined set of rules to ensure its' correct across the board.
Unless there's contradictory dialogue, props, references, etc (like Shang-Chi and Eternals) I think it's best to assume their placement is accurate.

They have screwed up their own timeline on there in the past so I won't ever see them as accurate. I will always defer to any other source than their placement. Do I think that they help outside sources place MCU entries? Sure, but I still don't think they are the absolute say on this. IM3/Thor 2 is wrong for starters, as is Eternals.
Oh don't get me wrong I agree, if litterally anything else disagrees with the Disney+ timeline I go with it too, it's far too inconsistent to be accurate. I should've been more specific, I go with the Disney+ timeline as more of a placeholder until we put shit together better with other evidence.

Eh, I'll counter by saying that stuff like moons are done through VFX. They don't wait for the moons to be perfect to shoot the episodes, which means the moon phases were intentionally made what they are for each episode. Meaning they also didn't just make them whatever they wanted and actually properly put them in phase order. When they started removing references, they probably thought no one would care/notice the moon phase thing. For me that's enough to make the exhibit timeframe work for the story and put MK in 2024.

My bigger issue is Thor because GC putting it in 2024 is entirely contingent on the MK placement. Even if you google it, most people that picked up on the god butcher, 5 Egyptian gods instead of 9 thing, put them in 2025 back to back. It's harder for me to sell Thor is 2024 than it is MK is 2024 because MK feels like there are references left behind and in Thor there aren't.
Yeah I agree with what GC found with Moon Knight, tho I definitely disagree with his Love and Thunder placement being entirely based around cut content and another series.

Yeah I agree with what GC found with Moon Knight, tho I definitely disagree with his Love and Thunder placement being entirely based around cut content and another series.
It wasn't even him who found it. A wiki user posted it on their discussion and I assume he took it. A lot of his timeline videos seem to be based off here and there.

It wasn't even him who found it. A wiki user posted it on their discussion and I assume he took it. A lot of his timeline videos seem to be based off here and there.
Fair enough, he did mention someone else had the credit for that one my bad. And I do find some of his conclusions to be very iffy at best, like Eternals and Love and Thunder.

Fair enough, he did mention someone else had the credit for that one my bad. And I do find some of his conclusions to be very iffy at best, like Eternals and Love and Thunder.
Yeah basing things off unused or cut ideas doesn't feel accurate to me.

Yeah basing things off unused or cut ideas doesn't feel accurate to me.
Another reason the vagueness annoys me. Based on GC's video, there was a possibility they were connected at one point, and I think it would have elevated both to leave them that way, but I guess Marvel felt the opposite.

Another reason the vagueness annoys me. Based on GC's video, there was a possibility they were connected at one point, and I think it would have elevated both to leave them that way, but I guess Marvel felt the opposite.
I'm fine with it. They clearly didn't think it was necessary to include and even then it wouldn't stop the debate on whether Moon Knight and Love & Thunder should be in 2024 or 2025.

I'm fine with it. They clearly didn't think it was necessary to include and even then it wouldn't stop the debate on whether Moon Knight and Love & Thunder should be in 2024 or 2025.
True enough.

Bruce says he's been studying the Hulk's behavior for ABOUT 15 years. I assume right after The Incredible Hulk film.

"About" doesn't mean exactly 15 years, it could mean almost 15. And the weather looks like late summer, early Fall.

I still think Summer-to-Fall 2025 but I'm still watching it.

Bruce says he's been studying the Hulk's behavior for ABOUT 15 years. I assume right after The Incredible Hulk film.

"About" doesn't mean exactly 15 years, it could mean almost 15. And the weather looks like late summer, early Fall.

I still think Summer-to-Fall 2025 but I'm still watching it.
I was thinking around August 2025 (the training stuff being a few months earlier around May). The Disney + timeline has placed it between Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel which fits perfectly for me. Edit: I'm sure the 15 years stuff is just them looking at The Incredible Hulk releasing 14 years ago.

Last edited:
Bruce still has injured arm. Almost 2 years is too long for me. Plus it takes place after Shang-Chi - LINK. So:

Shang-Chi - March/April 2024
"A few months ago" She-Hulk - April/May(?) 2024
Present She-Hulk - August 2024

Bruce still has injured arm. Almost 2 years is too long for me. Plus it takes place after Shang-Chi - LINK. So:

Shang-Chi - March/April 2024
"A few months ago" She-Hulk - April/May(?) 2024
Present She-Hulk - August 2024
If you are correct in this, then I'm really starting to think that everything is 2024 leading into the Multiversal Breakdown. I have almost everything pre-NWH/DS2 already anyway. I think the clincher for me will be wherever AMATWQ places itself.

If you are correct in this, then I'm really starting to think that everything is 2024 leading into the Multiversal Breakdown. I have almost everything pre-NWH/DS2 already anyway. I think the clincher for me will be wherever AMATWQ places itself.
Ms. Marvel is definitely 2025 tho right based on a lot of evidence from the series yeah?

Latest posts

Back