Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Hi. Been using this page for my MCU binge. Was just doing my own research, wondering what the reasoning is for placing Daredevil S3 before Iron Fist S2? Most places claim that Iron Fist S2 references Matt "dying" and therefore has to come before Daredevil S3. Thanks.

Hi. Been using this page for my MCU binge. Was just doing my own research, wondering what the reasoning is for placing Daredevil S3 before Iron Fist S2? Most places claim that Iron Fist S2 references Matt "dying" and therefore has to come before Daredevil S3. Thanks.
If I'm not mistaken, I could be, the main reasoning is DD S03 states it's been a few months since The Defenders which happens mid-ish 2017 while IF S02 has dates that place it in January 2018

I just watched Across the Spider-Verse:

At one point in the movie they explain the multiverse and they show the branches just as we've seen them in Loki (huge glowing blue line with branches) and then underneath/across that is the Spider-Verse. They explain some points in time as "Canon events" that need to happen or the universe collapses on itself. Those points are shown and we see both Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire (as well as cartoon and gamerverse spideys) and their canon events. At another point in the movie some villains that were transported to other universes are shown captured. One of these villains is the Prowler from the MCU, played by Donald Glover in the full suit. We also see The Spot enter Venom's universe (in the Chinese lady bodega) designated Earth-668.

Tom Holland doesn't appear in the movie, but is mentioned with the line from the trailers. I'm sure he'll appear in the next movie.

I just watched Across the Spider-Verse:

At one point in the movie they explain the multiverse and they show the branches just as we've seen them in Loki (huge glowing blue line with branches) and then underneath/across that is the Spider-Verse. They explain some points in time as "Canon events" that need to happen or the universe collapses on itself. Those points are shown and we see both Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire (as well as cartoon and gamerverse spideys) and their canon events. At another point in the movie some villains that were transported to other universes are shown captured. One of these villains is the Prowler from the MCU, played by Donald Glover in the full suit. We also see The Spot enter Venom's universe (in the Chinese lady bodega) designated Earth-668.

Tom Holland doesn't appear in the movie, but is mentioned with the line from the trailers. I'm sure he'll appear in the next movie.
Earth-688 actually. Which the Sony team didn't seem to realize exists already ( https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-688 ) but also don't know what "TRN" meant on the wiki...

So another flub.

Earth-688 actually. Which the Sony team didn't seem to realize exists already ( https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-688 ) but also don't know what "TRN" meant on the wiki...

So another flub.
Unless this is all part of the plan and we know what happened to Spider-Man on the Sony Universe Earth now! Probably not tho, definitely a 0% chance of that, seems like they just went to the wiki got some Earth numbers quick and called it a day

Screenshot_20230603_144110_Chrome.jpg
Look at that. Spider-Geddon is canon and referenced in the Spider-Man 2 prequel comic. There's more proof that it's the same multiverse as I've been saying this whole time.

I'll say it once again: If you believe Spider-Verse and the MCU are a separate multiverse, you're WRONG. :p

Watch Peter reference chasing an alternate version of Miles Morales in the video game too.

Oh wow a comic associated to a video game that has absolutely nothing to do with Marvel Studios referenced a comic event that has nothing to do with Marvel Studios!

Look I don't think you're wrong that it's all the same Multiverse but this comic hardly says anything new. We knew the Insomiac Spider-Man was part of the Spider-Geddom comic, that's old news. It has nothing to do with the MCU's contradictions to the Multiverse, its insistence on being Earth-616 not Earth-199999 or really anything MCU related. Again I do not think you're wrong and that it's not the same Multiverse but this, like AtSV using Earth-199999, means nothing to Marvel Studios.

Last edited:
Watching the movie, it's quite clear that Across the Spider-Verse is directly linked to the MCU and it's not just a reference. Everything it says is 100% canon to the MCU's multiverse. It even showed Earth-616 (comics) as a hologram and "Earth-1610A" Tarantula (comics) appeared as well. It being Earth-199999 is 100% canon to the MCU because Across the Spider-Verse is 100% canon to the MCU. Earth-199999's Prowler had an appearance, there was literally a scene involving the SPUMC Earth, Andrew and Tobey are shown as part of the multiverse.

The point is that Spider-Geddon being referenced in a Spider-Man 2 prequel comic and Across the Spider-Verse featuring the same version, and both Spider-Geddon and Spider-Verse being canon to Earth-1048's history, shows they're the same multiverse.

Any disagreement with that is pure cope.

Watching the movie, it's quite clear that Across the Spider-Verse is directly linked to the MCU and it's not just a reference. Everything it says is 100% canon to the MCU's multiverse. It even showed Earth-616 (comics) as a hologram and "Earth-1610A" Tarantula (comics) appeared as well. It being Earth-199999 is 100% canon to the MCU because Across the Spider-Verse is 100% canon to the MCU. Earth-199999's Prowler had an appearance, there was literally a scene involving the SPUMC Earth, Andrew and Tobey are shown as part of the multiverse.

The point is that Spider-Geddon being referenced in a Spider-Man 2 prequel comic and Across the Spider-Verse featuring the same version, and both Spider-Geddon and Spider-Verse being canon to Earth-1048's history, shows they're the same multiverse.

Any disagreement with that is pure cope.
Like I said I don't disagree with you and I do think it's all the same Multiverse, I do however also think that all this evidence comes from materials not produced by Marvel Studios. There's no doubt that the Comics Multiverse connects to the MCU, my issue is how the MCU is going to reciprocate that connection back ever since Feige made the very specific decision of making the MCU Earth-616 and not Earth-199999 especially doubling down on that after the interview Iman Vellani had. Again I don't think you're wrong cause you're not, I just am not confident enough to say Feige feels the same way.

Like I said I don't disagree with you and I do think it's all the same Multiverse, I do however also think that all this evidence comes from materials not produced by Marvel Studios. There's no doubt that the Comics Multiverse connects to the MCU, my issue is how the MCU is going to reciprocate that connection back ever since Feige made the very specific decision of making the MCU Earth-616 and not Earth-199999 especially doubling down on that after the interview Iman Vellani had. Again I don't think you're wrong cause you're not, I just am not confident enough to say Feige feels the same way.
I pretty much agree with this. I don't thing Feige wants the comics (besides tie ins) connected to the MCU, and frankly, neither do I.

Also, there were still people out there that still thought Iron Man 1 and 2 are only 6 months apart? I think they'll use something like our timelines has for between IM 1 & 2- Six months after Vanko finished his Whiplash suit, which took at least a year or two.

I pretty much agree with this. I don't thing Feige wants the comics (besides tie ins) connected to the MCU, and frankly, neither do I.

Also, there were still people out there that still thought Iron Man 1 and 2 are only 6 months apart? I think they'll use something like our timelines has for between IM 1 & 2- Six months after Vanko finished his Whiplash suit, which took at least a year or two.

I kinda did myself until recently but I've stopped trying to make it work in my head and accepted that there's at least 2 years between them however I still prefer to place Fury's Big Week in 2011 but that's just me

I think that's the thing. Sony wants to treat it all like it's the same multiverse, while Marvel Studios doesn't. I used to go with 6 months between Iron Man and Iron Man 2 since it's clear that was the movie's original intent. Beyond the title card, Hammer mentions that Tony had created a weapon "in the last 6 months" and Tony slept with Christine "last year". However, the movie does show magazine covers and newspaper articles during Ivan's opening montage which makes it look like some time has passed. I'm warming up to what the timeline book says. Iron Man ends in May 2008, Ivan finishes in November 2009, and Iron Man 2 picks up in May 2010, essentially matching real-time. Iron Man's always been a pick-your-poison since there's evidence for 2008, 2009, or 2010 and the movie has been retconned a number of times.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back