Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur takes place in its own world, away from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "We aren't really connected to the MCU officially," Fishburne says. "Our show is really a family show. Maybe we're not going to save the world, but we are going to save the Lower East Side."

"I always like to say complementary to the MCU because you'll see a couple of MCU characters in the show," Loter adds. "You'll see that some of the characters we have in there are really deep cuts in Marvel Comics, like you really got to dive in to actually find. There's a lot of easter eggs, not just in backgrounds like you noticed, there's all over the place, even in some dialogue, and in some other places. Just stay tuned. Make a list, because there's quite a few, because we're big fans too.

As Selfishmisery said, it could be a branch. It's not MCU though.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur takes place in its own world, away from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "We aren't really connected to the MCU officially," Fishburne says. "Our show is really a family show. Maybe we're not going to save the world, but we are going to save the Lower East Side."

"I always like to say complementary to the MCU because you'll see a couple of MCU characters in the show," Loter adds. "You'll see that some of the characters we have in there are really deep cuts in Marvel Comics, like you really got to dive in to actually find. There's a lot of easter eggs, not just in backgrounds like you noticed, there's all over the place, even in some dialogue, and in some other places. Just stay tuned. Make a list, because there's quite a few, because we're big fans too.

As Selfishmisery said, it could be a branch. It's not MCU though.
Isn't this a Hellstorm-like thing though? One of Hellstorm's creators had said the same thing because he meant it was unrelated (albeit part of the same universe). They look like the same words to me

Isn't this a Hellstorm-like thing though? One of Hellstorm's creators had said the same thing because he meant it was unrelated (albeit part of the same universe). They look like the same words to me
Except Helstrom was developed to be connected to the MCU with planned crossovers with other Horror based characters including the Ghost Rider from AoS. Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur is not being developed as part of the MCU, just pulling from it thematically and design wise much like how many of the animated series releasing during the MCU pulled designs from the films. I will admit they went one step farther by having a couple cast members return as well but Ultimate Spider-Man had Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson and that wasn't MCU

Except Helstrom was developed to be connected to the MCU with planned crossovers with other Horror based characters including the Ghost Rider from AoS. Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur is not being developed as part of the MCU, just pulling from it thematically and design wise much like how many of the animated series releasing during the MCU pulled designs from the films. I will admit they went one step farther by having a couple cast members return as well but Ultimate Spider-Man had Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson and that wasn't MCU
I agree that they are not related, only that this statement is similarly ambiguous.

New Kraven trailer is out. How can it be connected to MCU (in the same way as Venom/ Morbius) when it has Russell Crowe and Aaron Taylor Johnson in it, in different roles than they played in the MCU? At least the other times this happened (Eternals/ Captain Marvel etc), the characters had make up to look different, or they only played a voice in the "alternate" role(s). (not counting Netflix shows, as I'm 99% certain that Luke Cage is no longer cannon in Feige's (and my) eyes. Also nothing in movie says that was Amadeus Cho in Incredible Hulk, it was Mr. Harrington. But the two guys in Kraven look pretty much the same as they did in the MCU.

New Kraven trailer is out. How can it be connected to MCU (in the same way as Venom/ Morbius) when it has Russell Crowe and Aaron Taylor Johnson in it, in different roles than they played in the MCU? At least the other times this happened (Eternals/ Captain Marvel etc), the characters had make up to look different, or they only played a voice in the "alternate" project (not counting Netflix shows, as I'm 99% certain that Luke Cage is no longer cannon in Feige's (and my) eyes. Also nothing in movie says that was Amadeus Cho in Incredible Hulk, it was Mr. Harrington. But the two guys in Kraven look pretty much the same as they did in the MCU.
Dude actors don't mean that much. You mentioned The Incredible Hulk but the main character of that film is now played by another actor. Not to mention this is Sony Universe not related to Marvel Studios or the MCU at all outside a post-credit scene cameo and AtSV connecting the two, they're not gonna loose out on great casting cause the MCU used these guys once. If it was set in the MCU or even an Marvel Studios project then they'd like not cast them. And if you think this is bad, do not look into the DC Multiverse it is full of actor reappearing in different universes that have confirmed connections. This isnt the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. Chill out it's not that deep, it's just casting

New Kraven trailer is out. How can it be connected to MCU (in the same way as Venom/ Morbius) when it has Russell Crowe and Aaron Taylor Johnson in it, in different roles than they played in the MCU? At least the other times this happened (Eternals/ Captain Marvel etc), the characters had make up to look different, or they only played a voice in the "alternate" role(s). (not counting Netflix shows, as I'm 99% certain that Luke Cage is no longer cannon in Feige's (and my) eyes. Also nothing in movie says that was Amadeus Cho in Incredible Hulk, it was Mr. Harrington. But the two guys in Kraven look pretty much the same as they did in the MCU.
Two separate universes where the characters look similar. Doesn't really need much more of an explanation.

Dude actors don't mean that much. You mentioned The Incredible Hulk but the main character of that film is now played by another actor. Not to mention this is Sony Universe not related to Marvel Studios or the MCU at all outside a post-credit scene cameo and AtSV connecting the two, they're not gonna loose out on great casting cause the MCU used these guys once. If it was set in the MCU or even an Marvel Studios project then they'd like not cast them. And if you think this is bad, do not look into the DC Multiverse it is full of actor reappearing in different universes that have confirmed connections. This isnt the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. Chill out it's not that deep, it's just casting
In my mind, the experiments that Mr. Blue did on Banner caused him and his Hulk form to morph into Ruffalo and how Hulk looks now. And the blood that Abomination got was part of that as well, causing him to morph into how he looks now too.

Rhodey was in a car crash, had total reconstructive surgery and turned into Don Cheadle.

Explained. Works for me. Lol.

In my mind, the experiments that Mr. Blue did on Banner caused him and his Hulk form to morph into Ruffalo and how Hulk looks now. And the blood that Abomination got was part of that as well, causing him to morph into how he looks now too.

Rhodey was in a car crash, had total reconstructive surgery and turned into Don Cheadle.

also not canon lol?

That's great for you, if explainations like that work for you I suggest you find a way to explain to yourself how people in completely separate universes look alike. Should be no problem with theories like that. But the canon answer is casting is sometimes just casting.

also not canon lol?
No, but the two 2008 released movies themselves are canon, so, I my brain needs something to make it fit. Especially in a marathon watch.

OK, so Quicksilver died and was reincarnated as Kraven, in another universe. And that universe has a human who looks like Zeus. Whatever, it works, I guess.

Wait till they hear about Wade Wilson (Weapon XI), Wade Wilson (Deadpool), Ryan Reynolds and Cain Marko (Revised Timeline) in the X-Men Universe, lol. They all look like Ryan Reynolds, except Juggernaut who is just voiced by Ryan Reynolds.
I'm still wondering how the multiverse stuff works. Like can no face be reused cause Doctor Strange was. And if they can do variants have to have the same face cause Spider-Man didn't.

Wait till they hear about Wade Wilson (Weapon XI), Wade Wilson (Deadpool), Ryan Reynolds and Cain Marko (Revised Timeline) in the X-Men Universe, lol. They all look like Ryan Reynolds, except Juggernaut who is just voiced by Ryan Reynolds.

I had no idea Ryan Reynolds played the voice! But where did he play the human form of Juggernaut?

I'm still wondering how the multiverse stuff works. Like can no face be reused cause Doctor Strange was. And if they can do variants have to have the same face cause Spider-Man didn't.
Doctor Strange, Mordo and Loki had variants that looked the same as the originals. Loki also had variants that didn't. I think everyone else also didn't look the same?

As far as Deadpool 3, I'm guessing they won't bring anyone into the MCU who wasn't in Deadpool 1 and 2 (besides Wolverine, for just that one movie). Also probably not the young Xmen who cameoed in DP2. At least if they bring in Cable, he pretty much looks nothing like Thanos.

I had no idea Ryan Reynolds played the voice! But where did he play the human form of Juggernaut?

Doctor Strange, Mordo and Loki had variants that looked the same as the originals. Loki also had variants that didn't. I think everyone else also didn't look the same?

As far as Deadpool 3, I'm guessing they won't bring anyone into the MCU who wasn't in Deadpool 1 and 2 (besides Wolverine, for just that one movie). Also probably not the young Xmen who cameoed in DP2. At least if they bring in Cable, he pretty much looks nothing like Thanos.

He didn't play the human form just the voice, that's what he specified

Peggy Carter, Maria Rambeau and Prof. Xavier all look the same. But Spider-Man doesn't and Mister Fantastic won't. That's my point, variants are all over the place so clearly faces don't matter at least when it comes to the multiverse so Kraven and his father being the same actors as Quicksilver and Zeus shouldn't matter either

It's been rumored various other Fox Marvel characters will be appearing in the film so I wouldn't bet on that

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back