Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

"Could have". Two can play at this game. ;)
I guess we'll see after viewing the whole show. Unless I get a specific reference to the Robbie Reyes seen on Agents of SHIELD, I'm keeping Helstrom as standalone. As much as I enjoyed a majority of Marvel Television, I'm just glad everything is under one roof now. Plus if Helstrom is its own thing, it'll be easier to explain why the show is present day while acting like there wasn't a snap (unlike other MT shows).

Plus if Helstrom is its own thing, it'll be easier to explain why the show is present day while acting like there wasn't a snap (unlike other MT shows).
We don't know when it's set. Pre-snap, post-snap, post-blip, no idea.

I bet they'll be a reference to Robbie Reyes' activity in L.A., with a Roxxon reference to top it off.

We don't know when it's set. Pre-snap, post-snap, post-blip, no idea.

I bet they'll be a reference to Robbie Reyes' activity in L.A., with a Roxxon reference to top it off.
We don't know when it's set but given Marvel Television's past I'm sure it'll either be around the filming dates or release date. And I bet that they won't even reference Robbie Reyes let alone him in L.A. and I'm not looking at a Roxxon reference as proof that it's MCU.

We don't know when it's set but given Marvel Television's past I'm sure it'll either be around the filming dates or release date. And I bet that they won't even reference Robbie Reyes let alone him in L.A. and I'm not looking at a Roxxon reference as proof that it's MCU.
*supposed to tie into Robbie Reyes show
*references Ghost Rider

Yeah, it's looking pretty good from my side of the table, sir.

*supposed to tie into Robbie Reyes show
*references Ghost Rider

Yeah, it's looking pretty good from my side of the table, sir.
We'll see. What's the point of keeping in references to a show that at the point of filming was no longer happening.

I'm sure we all want to settle the references debate asap tomorrow, but let's spoiler tag those references or any other plot discussion when it releases :)

10 minutes in on Helstrom and there's no Marvel Television flipping page logo. Not saying it confirms anything either way, but thought I'd note it. Also, there's mention of waiting 2 hours in traffic and of a traffic pileup which if it the show is in MCU, would have me lean towards it being pre-snap.

The show is MCU. It just a standalone set in the MCU. "We are not tied" means = "we do not depend of the MCU".

The show is MCU. It just a standalone set in the MCU. "We are not tied" means = "we do not depend of the MCU".
If I see something concrete in the show, sure but so far it feels separated more than any of the other Marvel Television shows have. Not only is the show referred to as simply Helstrom but it doesn't even feature the Marvel Television intro, which has been featured in every other MCU set show. They say they took the Marvel name off due to the darker nature and wanting to not have people automatically assume that content-wise it'll be on the same level as the movies (weird given that the TV-MA Netflix shows still have the Marvel branding) however, what's the point of placing it in that universe if you can't even advertise that you're a part of it. Especially when the show truly seems to be standalone.

If I see something concrete in the show, sure but so far it feels separated more than any of the other Marvel Television shows have. Not only is the show referred to as simply Helstrom but it doesn't even feature the Marvel Television intro, which has been featured in every other MCU set show. They say they took the Marvel name off due to the darker nature and wanting to not have people automatically assume that content-wise it'll be on the same level as the movies (weird given that the TV-MA Netflix shows still have the Marvel branding) however, what's the point of placing it in that universe if you can't even advertise that you're a part of it. Especially when the show truly seems to be standalone.
The Marvel logo is also on Modok, which isn't MCU. The logo means nothing.

Yeah, that it's a dark show that Disney doesn't want to be associated with.
And the fact that Disney doesn't want to be associated with it says a lot. What purpose does it serve having the show in the MCU when it's like they're trying to hide the fact that it's a Marvel Television show in the first place ?

Was this filmed before Marvel took their name off it?

Even Legion had the Marvel logo on promotional material but it wasn't in the MCU or X-Men Universe.

It was filmed around the same time Feige took over which I believe has a lot to do with why the show is essentially its own thing.

MrRLopez
Caretaker says that he has been in Texas dragging something, Ghost Rider shows was going to take place in the Texas/Mexico border. I guess he was going to be the Claire Temple of Adventure into Fear

Seemingly a reference to the cancelled Ghost Rider, but nothing concrete.

^First episode contains MCU connection. O'Harren Scotch Whisky brand which we recently saw in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S7. And Roxxon Corporation logo. And we have a mention to Texas, which would have been a reference to the Ghost Rider show.

Latest posts

Back