Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Not saying the Disney + timeline should be followed, but I think a good workaround is Jane tests her blood on April 30th, goes to New Asgard and becomes Lady Thor sometime in May, and the bulk of the movie (once Thor arrives in New Asgard) takes place September/October (which also means the Guardians portion takes place around here too). I don't see anything that says it necessarily has to be Summer. You see kids at popular tourist destinations all throughout the year. It does feel like there's some time passage given Valkyrie and Jane seem to have a bonded relationship and Jane is comfortable as Lady Thor.
I do agree that I think Jane had been Thor for a good little bit by the time Thor returned. How long is definitely up for debate but I suppose her being Thor for about 5-6 months could be plausible tho I still don't think the weather looks particularly like fall.

Not saying the Disney + timeline should be followed, but I think a good workaround is Jane tests her blood on April 30th, goes to New Asgard and becomes Lady Thor sometime in May, and the bulk of the movie (once Thor arrives in New Asgard) takes place September/October (which also means the Guardians portion takes place around here too). I don't see anything that says it necessarily has to be Summer. You see kids at popular tourist destinations all throughout the year. It does feel like there's some time passage given Valkyrie and Jane seem to have a bonded relationship and Jane is comfortable as Lady Thor.
How can the Guardians portion of the movie happen anytime before the beginning of the movie?

How can the Guardians portion of the movie happen anytime before the beginning of the movie?
Where are you getting that I said they took place before the beginning of the movie ? What I'm saying is the specific scenes of Jane receiving treatment and first arriving to New Asgard would happen before the stuff with the Guardians and Thor. Given how the movie acts as if Jane has been Lady Thor for at least a short period of time, I think this is the case anyway.

I feel like if we use the Friday evening info I discovered earlier about the New Asgard Play that lands us on 2nd May 2025 so that would mean Thor and the majority of the movie takes place on May 3rd and maybe May 4th too depending if they arrive back in New Asgard on the same day they left, after the shadow realm sequence but because Jane's sample has a 30th April on it and she sleeps and wakes up to discover Thor's old Hammer (I butchered Moljinir lol) could solve her cancer so she leaves for New Asgard on May 1st and gets there May 2nd
(Also I think Moon Knight needs to be closer to late April as possible because I feel like they are still happening simultaneously)

I feel like if we use the Friday evening info I discovered earlier about the New Asgard Play that lands us on 2nd May 2025 so that would mean Thor and the majority of the movie takes place on May 3rd and maybe May 4th too depending if they arrive back in New Asgard on the same day they left, after the shadow realm sequence but because Jane's sample has a 30th April on it and she sleeps and wakes up to discover Thor's old Hammer (I butchered Moljinir lol) could solve her cancer so she leaves for New Asgard on May 1st and gets there May 2nd
(Also I think Moon Knight needs to be closer to late April as possible because I feel like they are still happening simultaneously)
I feel like a day is too short a period of time for Jane to get her powers and seem as comfortable as she is with them. Plus it looks like her and Valkyrie have built up a friendship. I feel like there has to be some sort of time jump. Have we figured out when the opening with Gorr is set ? I think we could look at that scene as being around the time of Jane's treatment and during the time jump, Gorr has killed enough Gods to get his reputation.

I do agree that I think Jane had been Thor for a good little bit by the time Thor returned. How long is definitely up for debate but I suppose her being Thor for about 5-6 months could be plausible tho I still don't think the weather looks particularly like fall.
The set pics of the Asgardian play were from early March 2021, so it wasn't really Summer like weather either.

The set pics of the Asgardian play were from early March 2021, so it wasn't really Summer like weather either.
They were filming jane's first transformation into the mighty Thor in early March 2021, so just at the very end of summer as a large majority was filmed in Sydney, Australia and as someone who lives roughly 5 hours from there, I can confirm that it would still be suitable for summer.

D
They were filming jane's first transformation into the mighty Thor in early March 2021, so just at the very end of summer as a large majority was filmed in Sydney, Australia and as someone who lives roughly 5 hours from there, I can confirm that it would still be suitable for summer.
Wasn't considering how Australian summers are our winters. Those scenes would still be around May even if you were to push the rest of the movie to later in the year.

Last edited:
Where are you getting that I said they took place before the beginning of the movie ? What I'm saying is the specific scenes of Jane receiving treatment and first arriving to New Asgard would happen before the stuff with the Guardians and Thor. Given how the movie acts as if Jane has been Lady Thor for at least a short period of time, I think this is the case anyway.
I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I feel that the whole movie happens in the same order as we see it, minus the flashbacks, but I could be wrong.

we know for a fact that

• 30th April 2025 - Jane has cancer scenes
  • 1st May 2025 - Jane wakes up in lab, goes to new asgard
  • 2nd May 2025 - Jane gets Mjolnir
  • ? May 2025 - Indigarr through kidnapping
  • ? May 2025 - Morning after kidnapping through to Omnipotence City
  • ? May 2025 - Jane reveals she has cancer through children return, post credits scene (Not 100% sure if this is the same day as Omnipotence City)
  • ? May 2025 - Mid credits scene (Could also be set the same day as Omnipotence City, but it looks like a few hours to a day has passed for Zeus's recovery and to summon Hercules

You'll have to explain away Groot barely aging then, as it was firmly established by Gunn and all of his appearances that he ages differently and looks exactly the same from Endgame to Thor 4. From GOTG 1-2 and then 2 to Infinity War he ages. If LAT takes place in 2025 then he should be fully an adult again by the opening.

You'll have to explain away Groot barely aging then, as it was firmly established by Gunn and all of his appearances that he ages differently and looks exactly the same from Endgame to Thor 4. From GOTG 1-2 and then 2 to Infinity War he ages. If LAT takes place in 2025 then he should be fully an adult again by the opening.
If you notice Groot actually ages slower the older he gets, he grows significantly from a Newborn at the end of GotG 1 to a small child/toddler by the start of GotG 2 and then by the time of Infinity war he is a pre-teen (around 12/13) and now by love and thunder he is in his mid-teens (around 16/17) you can tell from the tone and pitch of his voice in infinity war/endgame to love and thunder its a bit deeper but i think next time we will see Groot in the holiday special he will be the same but I think he will be around 18/20 years old by the time of GotG 3

But tbh i see no issue with this.

If you notice Groot actually ages slower the older he gets, he grows significantly from a Newborn at the end of GotG 1 to a small child/toddler by the start of GotG 2 and then by the time of Infinity war he is a pre-teen (around 12/13) and now by love and thunder he is in his mid-teens (around 16/17) you can tell from the tone and pitch of his voice in infinity war/endgame to love and thunder its a bit deeper but i think next time we will see Groot in the holiday special he will be the same but I think he will be around 18/20 years old by the time of GotG 3

But tbh i see no issue with this.
Also Groot blipped, so it's still 2020 or 2019 for him.

An interesting thing from the Assembled documentary of Love and Thunder is that in the Shadow Realm every 6 minutes a day passes. So that's something that needs to be accounted for.

An interesting thing from the Assembled documentary of Love and Thunder is that in the Shadow Realm every 6 minutes a day passes. So that's something that needs to be accounted for.
Every 6 minutes a day passes on earth? Or every 6 minutes is a day in the shadow realm? Different planets have different lengths for day

Ok I think I have finalised the Thor love and Thunder placement

Hawkeye S01E01 - S01E03
(December 19th - December 21st 2024)
Black Widow Post-Credits Scene
(December 21st 2024)
Hawkeye S01E04 - S01E06
(December 21st 2024 - December 25th 2024)
Hawkeye S01E06 Mid-Credits Scene
(December 25th/26th 2024)
Moon Knight S01E01 - S01E02
(April 23rd 2025 - April 30th 2025)
Thor: Love and Thunder
(April 30th 2025 - May 3rd 2025)
Thor: Love and Thunder Post-Credits Scene
(May 3rd 2025)
Moon Knight S01E03
(May 2nd 2025 - May 3rd/4th 2025)
Thor: Love and Thunder Mid-Credits Scene
(May 4th 2025)
Moon Knight S01E04 - S01E06
(May 4th/5th 2025 - May 5th/6th 2025)
Moon Knight S01E06 Mid-Credits Scene
(Mid May 2025)
Spider-Man: No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version) Post-Credits Scene
(Late May/Early June 2025)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E01
(June 2025/August 2025?)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E01 Mid-Credits Scene
(June 2025?)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E02
(August 2025?)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E02 Mid-Credits Scene
(August 2025?)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E03
(August 2025?)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E03 Mid-Credits Scene
(August 2025?)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E04
(August 2025?)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E04 Mid-Credits Scene
(August 2025?)

I used some of the working out from the MCU timeline wiki forum here but only the stuff that makes sense in my eyes (your welcome to disagree but I believe I'm pretty close at least)

Latest posts

Back