Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

The way Secret Invasion is swept under the rug is crazy to me. Like how do you have two projects that should be intertwined and feature characters and species that are relevant together? Only to not have them connect. When Valkyrie took those Skrulls to Earth, all I could think of was you mean the planet where the U.S. President has literally called for a war against their species.

The 30-year thing didn't bother me too much since Secret Invasion did something similar. It reminds me of when they used to say Steve was frozen 70 years when it had been 67. I'm just going with Kamala's age being the fictionalized self she's drawing about's age. The best way I can make sense of it. I really feel like a Spring 2027 placement is logical given the weather in the Jersey City/New York and Louisiana scenes as well as to give as much of a gap between the movie and Secret Invasion as possible. However, Kamala and Kate's ages throw a wrench into that.
definitely agree, it's so strange how almost antithetical to secret invasion this is with the skrulls having an outpost on a planet and like you said just going to new asgard?? very weird, going to go with spring 2027 tentatively for now…

thinking radically, say this does push things back into 2025, is there anything really other than the holiday special that prevents quantumania, secret invasion and marvels from being able to fit into 2025? not that i agree or think its a good idea

definitely agree, it's so strange how almost antithetical to secret invasion this is with the skrulls having an outpost on a planet and like you said just going to new asgard?? very weird, going to go with spring 2027 tentatively for now…

thinking radically, say this does push things back into 2025, is there anything really other than the holiday special that prevents quantumania, secret invasion and marvels from being able to fit into 2025? not that i agree or think its a good idea
Secret Invasion says Fury's been off-world for a few years which leans to at least three. And with the way the Disney + timeline matched the timeline book, I think Marvel clearly sees it as 2026. I really think the issue may come from the movie being written with 2025 in mind, but production delays changed things, with them lazily keeping the ages the same. Might just have to be something we overlook like Cassie saying she was 6 during Ant-Man.

Regarding Renslayer:
What are the chances that Alioth recognizes her as the general that lead him to devour all the Kang variants in the Multiversal War? That cloud wouldn't hesitate with any other pruned individual.

Now she has a weapon to eventually seek revenge(?)

Nope, book ended with Holiday Special
Which I'm seeing is 2025. Making GotG vol 3 in 2026.

Why can't The Marvels be set before Secret Invasion?
I guess that's possible, since the connections are extremely loose, but why would Marvel Studios call it a sequel to Secret Invasion?

Anyways, I'm okay with Ms Marvel's final scene and The Marvels bumping back to 2025 or early 2026 as far as I know. We DID assume that would follow Secret Invasion based on what Marvel and actors told us....

EDIT: It is safe to assume that there's a time jump in The Marvels when
Kamala is recruited by the New Avengers, after the events of Ant Man 3?

Last edited:
not saying I told you so but i just skimmed through the marvels and it completely proves my point about the timeline thus far.

----2025---- (WIP)

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E01 (Spring/June? 2025)

Spider-Man: No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version) Post-Credits Scene (late June 2025)

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E02 (Spring/June? 2025 2025)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E02 Mid-Credits Scene (Spring/June? 2025 2025)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E03 (Spring/June? 2025)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E03 Mid-Credits Scene (Spring/June? 2025)

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E04 (Spring/July? 2025)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E04 Mid-Credits Scene (Spring/July? 2025)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E05(? 2025)
Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania (late July 2025)
Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania Mid-Credits Scene (late July 2025)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E06 - S01E09 (Aug 2025)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E09 Mid-Credits Scene (Aug 2025)
Ms.Marvel S01E01 (Sept 2025)
Ms.Marvel S01E01 Mid-Credits Scene (Sept 2025)
Ms.Marvel S01E02 - S01E06 (Sept 2025)

Thor: Love & Thunder (May/Oct 2024/2025?)

Werewolf by Night (late Oct 2025)
Secret Invasion S01E01 - S01E06 (Early - mid Nov 2025)
The Marvels (Mid Nov 2025)
The Marvels Mid-Credits Scene (Mid - late Nov 2025)
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (late Dec 2025)
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special Post-Credits Scene (late Dec 2025)

btw for my earlier post about the viewing order/ timeline placement of 2025, I'm not saying that i agree with or defend the horrendous and dumb founded writing or direction of the stories (looking at you Secret Invasion) but I'm 99.9% certain that this is the correct viewing order that makes the most amount of sense (I'm still not convinced with some of the placements from the timeline book and if there is more evidence in the film/TV show itself then I'll go with that.

Oh and Just watched the finale of Loki (kinda sad to see it go, but grateful that we went out with a great ending) honestly Loki is now my favourite MCU show including the non-MCU produced stuff. It was intriguing,mysterious,funny and full of charm (which is why I enjoyed Wandavision so much) and added deep conversations about science,existence and happiness. Honestly top tier Marvel

the colony of skrulls in the marvels is the faction talos mentioned that didn't answer the call to earth, also im assuming if this was pre-secret invasion talos would be involved; unfortunately i don't think we can rationally place the marvels before secret invasion personally and im caught between two trains of thought on how to handle the marvels:

- the marvels retroactively moves ant-man and secret invasion back to 2025 and we have to assume that the "kill all alien species" order on earth was already out of effect within weeks by the time of the holiday special
(this would also somewhat explain how/why valkyrie would be comfortable bringing the skrulls back to new asgard, although i'm also willing to assume that she would invite any kind of displaced species there specifically and protecting them from any xenophobes who would kill anyone they assume is replaced by a skrull)
; this doesn't affect the placement of guardians 3 at all

-or-

- the marvels can be looked at like eternals or moon knight, production woes forced their hand in accelerating the timeline and time constraints/sloppiness is leading to the 2025 evidence here ala ajak's "5 years ago"

if they dont have someone behind the scenes who can go through the years and properly calculate characters' ages id be more happy with them just being omitted lol, i really thought the placements for ant-man and secret invasion were solid

Last edited:
Okay Loki has been added.

It was hard to do linearly due to Loki no longer just slipping through time but actually rewriting time and effectively retconning events. But I think I managed it pretty well. The two montage scenes of him attempting to fix the loom/stop Sylvie I just put altogether as a single timestamp cause honestly I don't think there was any way to break it up realistically without cramming those areas with pointless seconds of screen time. Rewritten scenes are simply placed after the scenes they replace to keep a linear fashion in this timeline Hopefully it all makes sense to everyone haha that was a challenge to sort out. Looking forward to future projects with less Timey Wimey-ness to them lol

On The Marvels placement, right now I think late 2026/early 2027 placement works best. Nothing is really ideal, the lack of any acknowledgement from Secret Invasion is a pain and Marvel not seeming being able to keep track of ages also really annoying cause this isn't the first time that's been fucky. The repeated delays on projects really helps nothing too. Personally I don't see a nice way Secret Invasion fits in 2025 making 2026 kinda it's default spot and with The Marvels needing to happen after it that kinda forces it's spot there. But that's my two cents, I don't think there's a great spot for it either way but 2026/27 seems like the lesser of two ya know?

Okay Loki has been added.

It was hard to do linearly due to Loki no longer just slipping through time but actually rewriting time and effectively retconning events. But I think I managed it pretty well. The two montage scenes of him attempting to fix the loom/stop Sylvie I just put altogether as a single timestamp cause honestly I don't think there was any way to break it up realistically without cramming those areas with pointless seconds of screen time. Rewritten scenes are simply placed after the scenes they replace to keep a linear fashion in this timeline Hopefully it all makes sense to everyone haha that was a challenge to sort out. Looking forward to future projects with less Timey Wimey-ness to them lol

That's also how I would have done it.

Don't forget to change this dating for TWS.

April 1:
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 6: "In Pursuit" (0:33:20 - 0:37:49)
Captain America - Civil War: Prelude #3 (pg. 7-11)

April 2:
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 6: "In Pursuit" (0:37:50 - 0:41:26)
Captain America - Civil War: Prelude #3 (pg. 12)

You can also remove the asterisks from Loki 2x01-2x06 in the viewing order (second post) since it has now been fully released.

On The Marvels placement, right now I think late 2026/early 2027 placement works best. Nothing is really ideal, the lack of any acknowledgement from Secret Invasion is a pain and Marvel not seeming being able to keep track of ages also really annoying cause this isn't the first time that's been fucky. The repeated delays on projects really helps nothing too. Personally I don't see a nice way Secret Invasion fits in 2025 making 2026 kinda it's default spot and with The Marvels needing to happen after it that kinda forces it's spot there. But that's my two cents, I don't think there's a great spot for it either way but 2026/27 seems like the lesser of two ya know?
agreed

Latest posts

Back