Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

when I'm doing a timeline I always focus on the viewing order, cos it's what most people will look at, the detailed timeline, it's more an informative subject if you want to see when a particulary scene is set.
That's fair, a chronological viewing order should be accurate, but it's also an experience, and placing things in a way that could ruin the experience would make it a bad viewing order

Sure shoot it
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

Thor
Captain America: The First Avengers
Marvel's The Avengers

Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World

Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War

Black Panther
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Avengers: Endgame

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

Thor
Captain America: The First Avengers
Marvel's The Avengers

Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War

Black Panther
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Avengers: Endgame
only the movies cos I have to "study" the placements of the comics, Tv series and novels. But this is the skeleton.

only the movies cos I have to "study" the placements of the comics, Tv series and novels. But this is the skeleton.
I'd say it looks good. TDW leading into GotG and then TWS into AoU is a smart move that way the post credit scenes go into one another. Outta curiosity why GotGV2 in Phase 3 instead of after GotG?

Btw like the phase names, wish Marvel kept doing that

anyway I started doing this near the time of the Eternals tie-in comics came out, cos, I don't want to start with them, you, know, if you diddn't watch the movie they're confusing and not as impactful as Iron Man, so that's why. The names of the phases (excluding phase I) come form a site that did something similar to me, but I can't find it anymore. Anyway, if you want some help with the viewing order, You can ask.

I'd say it looks good. TDW leading into GotG and then TWS into AoU is a smart move that way the post credit scenes go into one another. Outta curiosity why GotGV2 in Phase 3 instead of after GotG?

Btw like the phase names, wish Marvel kept doing that
cos I don't want to keep the viewer to the guardians and break the connection Between TDW, GoTG and AoU, I coul place it after AoU but isn't a good End phase finale.

cos I don't want to keep the viewer to the guardians and break the connection Between TDW, GoTG and AoU, I coul place it after AoU but isn't a good End phase finale.
so basically, I kept release order to phase 3 and see where you can properly watch it without breaking other narratives. Plus the fact that the guardians are a bit disconnected than the greater narrative, helps a lot.

so basically, I kept release order to phase 3 and see where you can properly watch it without breaking other narratives. Plus the fact that the guardians are a bit disconnected than the greater narrative, helps a lot.
It's true, and Captain Marvel makes more sense there given its post credit scene and her large absence for the rest of it

anyway just thinking about this. But didn't just everything in the MCU that was non-canon become canon thanks to loki? For example, the Iron Man tie-in game, isn't canon in the MCU, but is another universe, thanks to what happened in loki, couldn't the game be canon again, just in another universe in the MCU Cluster? (this extend to the other medias that aren't canon, like some comics and children's books).

Canoner: "The shows are canon as they were always inteneed to be."
Non-canoner: "The shows are not canon and never have been."

It is proven that they are canon

Canoner: "I was right, I told you it was canon."
Non-canoner: "N... No! They changed their minds."

Can't win.
Napisy Końcowe? ;)
For context: Napisy Końcowe (End Credits) is a polish youtube channel about pop culture in general. They were always against canonicity of old tv shows and they can't admit that they were wrong. "No, Marvel Studios changed their minds and now Daredevil series is canon and only Daredevil."

Napisy Końcowe? ;)
For context: Napisy Końcowe (End Credits) is a polish youtube channel about pop culture in general. They were always against canonicity of old tv shows and they can't admit that they were wrong. "No, Marvel Studios changed their minds and now Daredevil series is canon and only Daredevil."
Like I sayed before they never change.

honestly i don't know we still give these people the time of day…

i think from here on out the more we ignore stuff like this the easier it will be for everyone, especially as the series that will solidly reference the marvel tv stuff will actually release and the general audience will understand that its all canon, obviously there will always be the loud minority like for star wars

Last edited:
honestly i don't know we still give these people the time of day…

i think from here on out the more we ignore stuff like this the easier it will be for everyone, especially as the series that will solidly reference the marvel tv stuff will actually release and the general audience will understand that its all canon, obviously there will always be the loud minority like for star wars
Talking about star Wars I think they should publish some encyclopedic book Like they did for Legends, there are some piece of medias that doesn't have a date.

Latest posts

Back