Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

BEJT from the MCU Wiki asked me to post the following. Spoiler-tagged since it's off-topic. Also, it's his words, not mine.

"-I am not A13G10. While I work with him as two of the main users who work on the MCU timeline, I did not approve of his outbursts nor would I act like that. He got heated and defensive.
-I have nothing to do with the "Timeline" page. That page is admin-locked, and I do not approve of the way it is run, and it is very uncomfortable. The work I have done has all been on the year pages - "Before 20th Century", "1900s", "1910s" etc. to "1990s", "2000s", "2010", "2011" etc. to "2017", and "2091".
-I am not the only user and have never yet had the time to survey the whole thing. There is undoubtedly many mistakes on minor things, but the placements of pretty much each film or one-shot or episode or video I am aware of and have checked.
-I, and others, have worked for years on this, and are not stupid. We have scoured everything just as much as TCB, and I have often read the TCB thread just in case we missed anything, it's a good source. TCB has also missed some things which we are aware of. I have, however, read through the thread and made any missing notes, for the sake of completion. I am very knowledgeable about all the ins and outs of the timeline, and just because things have sometimes been overruled on the timeline does not mean that they have been missed.
-I was always happy reading the thread as a bystander, but A13G10's arguing made me uncomfortable about the impression we were giving off and so I tried to create an account to be a civil voice from the wiki, but have been waiting for months for an approval. The disparaging comments, though, I have not been particularly happy about, especially since they're untrue. "Real time" is indeed what the "Timeline" page goes by, and it has bothered us for a long time. We have advocated against it for years, to no avail. But it is certainly not something we abide by on the actual timeline pages, as I'm sure we can all agree that it does not make sense. We base it on collecting all the evidence and reasoning the best dates we can. Often, that's not in accordance with the TCB timeline. For example, we do not put as much value in props such as a small phone date that was just the day they were filming. That is partly wiki policy, partly just the way we choose to work. Another is that the wiki timeline operates on specific dates for almost everything, even if it is just approximation. We find that this system works best for the way the wiki works, so long as no false claims are made in the references, but I also like the presentation of the TCB timeline and its hard-evidenced-dates-only, no mathemtically calculated approximations for vague flashbacks and the like. It works for that format. On that subject, we are trying to write full references explaining the placement of everything on each page, but it is admittedly a bit messy, some are a little outdated, and it is far from complete.
-It's a respectful disagreement and two different methods. Whether the disparaging comments have been because you have only looked at the very much divorced "Timeline" page, because of A13G10's approach, because of not taking the time to understand our placements (again, though, our references are far from done), because of a rivalry, or a mix of some or all of it, it has been quite frustrating feeling a bit attacked, unfairly, and with no means to respond. I was considering emailing DIrishB to get some of these messages across because it saddened me that the wiki timeline was being unfairly judged and treated without any way to respond.
-If my account were ever approved, it genuinely would just be kind debate. DIrishB seems like a nice guy. It would just be putting some things out there that have not been mentioned in the thread and you may not be aware of, and suggesting some smaller corrections - I don't expect to convince you of any major changes due to the different approaches."

So they also disagree with the real-time placements, but haven't been able to do anything about it.

That was a very reasoned and logical response. I've heard from several people that they've been waiting for approval for the site here for months, not sure if E or Cap Canuck are still around? Anyway you guys could check on that?

I'd really like to encourage debate and different viewpoints, as it really does inform and make the timeline a better end product.

As for prop dates, again, I get where he's coming from on that, but when there's no other evidence offered, and the date aligns with weather/temperature portrayed in the movies/shows, it seems logical to utilize those dates. After all, the props usually reflect the intended date or time period the film/show is meant to occur... sometimes there are mistakes, but overall it works.

Gonna PM E and Cap about the approval issue.

Gonna PM E and Cap about the approval issue.

Thanks for that! I finally got my approval two hours ago!

Of course, I've forgotten suggestions I was gonna make. But oh well.

Only thing I was wondering though is if we could have references inserted into the main timeline. Like for the scene in Winter Soldier with the October date on the Batroc feed. That way it's easier for people to see for themselves the evidence for placement.

This might cut down on some of the argument. It's always a good idea to show your work.

All in all I've been following the discussion here for months and enjoyed most of it. It's good work you all are doing here. Currently on AOS S3E4 in my re-watch using this reference.

Last edited:
Thanks for that! I finally got my approval two hours ago!

Of course, I've forgotten suggestions I was gonna make. But oh well.

Only thing I was wondering though is if we could have references inserted into the main timeline. Like for the scene in Winter Soldier with the October date on the Batroc feed. That way it's easier for people to see for themselves the evidence for placement.

This might cut down on some of the argument. It's always a good idea to show your work.

All in all I've been following the discussion here for months and enjoyed most of it. It's good work you all are doing here. Currently on AOS S3E4 in my re-watch using this reference.

Yeah, I've wanted to include footnote like references for awhile but honestly don't think it's possible on the BB here on the forum, and I'm equally unsure of how to implement it in thetimelinesite version.

I was going to settle on going through thread and collating the various specific dates shown, or reasoning behind placing things differently for sake of timeline retcons, like moving Iron Man 2 occurring in 2011 instead of late 2008 or early 2009 ("six months later"), and just put it all in the second post/guide, possibly with links to specific posts for explanations for such placements. It's just something it's tough to find time to do between work, real life, girlfriend, and all the various other timelines I keep updated. There's only so much time in the day. :(

It's not perfect, but I try to apply as logical approach as possible that's informed by the finalized material itself instead of director/cast/crew interviews or behind the scenes stuff (since specifics often change during filming or even in post production). That said, I do take those comments seriously too when there is no conflict with what's presented onscreen, which there usually isn't.

Last edited:
It would be fairly easy I think if superscript worked on here. I don't know if it does, but consider this a test.

:D 12​

Edit: It works! So you could do footnotes like you would in any other document. Use Superscript [ sup ] [ / sup ] Then just make a post to permalink to that has all the references listed corresponding to the superscript number.

As far as the time involved to find everything, I'll do my best to list the ones I know next week. It'll be a start.

Last edited:
It would be fairly easy I think if superscript worked on here. I don't know if it does, but consider this a test.

:D 12​

Edit: It works! So you could do footnotes like you would in any other document. Use Superscript [ sup ] [ / sup ] Then just make a post to permalink to that has all the references listed corresponding to the superscript number.

As far as the time involved to find everything, I'll do my best to list the ones I know next week. It'll be a start.

Sounds good!

Really enjoying Season 5 of Agents of SHIELD.

Some really interesting foreshadowing was dropped in Friday's episode 5x07 "Together or Not at All".

The space station was revealed to be partially powered by Gravitonium.

This plays into a theory that
it wasn't Daisy/Quake who destroyed the world, but Graviton/Dr. Hall. The producers/showrunners revealed last year, during Season 4, that they had plans to wrap up the hanging plot thread of Graviton/gravitonium that Ian Quinn had taken possession of after Ward and Garrett had raided it and other dangerous weapons from the SHIELD vault. It seems they're laying the groundwork to do exactly that.

Yeah, I haven't been loving AOS this season. It's been okay, but a bit cliché future dystopia tropish. But this last episode was awesome. The way it forced you to slowly figure out the time travel stuff while never explaining anything, just showing the flashbacks was really well done.

Yeah, I haven't been loving AOS this season. It's been okay, but a bit cliché future dystopia tropish.

Agreed. Way too much spinning wheels... coulda trimmed off at least a couple of episodes so far.

But this last episode was awesome. The way it forced you to slowly figure out the time travel stuff while never explaining anything, just showing the flashbacks was really well done.

Also agreed! I'm pretty picky about time travel fiction, but so far so good.

The whole May thing was highly emotional. Good stuff.

Just read the Infinity War Prelude #1. Very good stuff!

After it's done recapping the final fight, we see T'Challa offering Bucky his help, and Cap springing everyone from The Raft. Clint and Scott go home to their families and Wanda meets up with Vision in Europe. Then "months later" we see Shuri making breakthroughs with Bucky's programming (I assume this is after Black Panther), Team Cap disarming Chitauri weaponry in Syria, then deciding to head to Lebanon next, and finally Tony thinking about how he's gotta go it alone and designing a new and improved suit. Definitely seems like it's post-Homecoming. So really anywhere between late 2016 and early 2017.

Next issue is gonna check in with Doctor Strange. Maybe we'll get a better idea on Ragnarok placement?

It also turns out that
Cap broke out his team from the Raft after Siberia, but before Bucky is frozen in Wakanda, even though he didn't seem to have bruises in the former scene, but he did in the latter. Although it's possible that it took a few days for the bruises to appear.

Also, Bucky was apparently not frozen shortly after, but rather weeks later.

So:

-April 11: Siberia
-April 14: Raft
-late April/May: Bucky is frozen

?

More information here: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...marvels-avengers-infinity-war-prelude-a157275

Last edited:
Just read the Infinity War Prelude #1. Very good stuff!

After it's done recapping the final fight, we see T'Challa offering Bucky his help, and Cap springing everyone from The Raft. Clint and Scott go home to their families and Wanda meets up with Vision in Europe. Then "months later" we see Shuri making breakthroughs with Bucky's programming (I assume this is after Black Panther), Team Cap disarming Chitauri weaponry in Syria, then deciding to head to Lebanon next, and finally Tony thinking about how he's gotta go it alone and designing a new and improved suit. Definitely seems like it's post-Homecoming. So really anywhere between late 2016 and early 2017.

Next issue is gonna check in with Doctor Strange. Maybe we'll get a better idea on Ragnarok placement?

Hopefully.

I've updated for the Infinity War Prelude #1, let me know if you guys notice anything incorrect or out of place in terms of that.

Hopefully.

I've updated for the Infinity War Prelude #1, let me know if you guys notice anything incorrect or out of place in terms of that.

I would put pages 15-20 after Homecoming. The Iron Spider suit is already built, and Tony is talking about how he has to go it alone. This ties in with how Peter declined the membership offer.

Last edited:
Marvel.com interview with Will Corona Pilgrim.

This interview talks a bit about time (like "For PRELUDE #2, it's mostly led by Doctor Strange and Wong so it's taking place shortly after the events of his film" and "Those wounds are definitely still pretty fresh"), but I thought the whole interview was pretty good.

Interesting. Well, we'll know for sure next month when it's released. :)

I would put pages 15-20 after Homecoming. The Iron Spider suit is already built, and Tony is talking about how he has to go it alone. This ties in with how Peter declined the membership offer.

Good call, fixed for that.

Everything seems fine to me, although I have a few suggestions mostly unrelated to the prelude.

It started when I'd been thinking about the timing of the opening vlog scene of Homecoming with Civil War, which led me to think about the timing for other things.

-Peter and Happy head from Queens to Berlin via private jet. They are 3960 miles and 6 time zones apart. The fastest private jet in the world can travel at 711 mph, so the trip would be done in 5.5 hours. Adding the time zones to this means that they'd arrive at Berlin 11.5 hours later.

It's daylight when they leave Queens, and also when they arrive in Germany and have time to sightsee a bit before going to the airport, so I'd say they leave Queens on the afternoon of the 9th and arrive in Germany on the morning of the 10th.

-When heading to the Raft, FRIDAY tells Stark that the psychiatrist had been dispatched from Geneva when Bucky was caught in Romania. In this deleted scene, he seems to be arriving by train, and a train ride from Geneva to Berlin takes about 10 hours. Even if the deleted scene is discounted as non-canon, for all of this to have happened in the same day means that Steve and Sam would have to have stayed in each location in Europe for less than an hour, and for the news article on the bombing being printed and distributed within a few hours.

So I'd say to put the capture of Bucky in Romania the following day after the funeral and UN scenes. While Stark says "Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday" at the airport, the line is vague and might as well be referring to Bucky killing people when escaping the authorities in Romania and/or Germany. It also gives more breathing room for everything to happen in a reasonable amount of time.

-I suggested this already, but I might as well, since I am suggesting other things: I know I was the one who suggested to put the Siberia stuff the day after the airport due to the timezones, but I changed my mind due to the reasoning which was summed up in MCU wiki's discussion: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:217482#253

Zemo called the hotel for his breakfast while in Siberia (8 hours difference), and I'd imagine the Hydra base isn't too far from where he is. When Cap and Bucky arrive later, they say he couldn't have been there more than a few hours. This insinuates that the airport battle probably happened earlier in the day, possibly in the morning (accounting for the time difference), and so they can happen in the same day. Although Stark says Ross gave him 36 hours "24 hours ago", it can be taken as a general term for "yesterday". This also lines up with what I suggested about Peter and Happy leaving Queens in the afternoon and arriving in Germany the following morning.

-Lastly, I think I'd place the Civil War post-credits scene with Peter the night after he is taken back home by Tony, so that his alibi of having been beaten up by some guy from Brooklyn would work out (since his alibi was that he was at the Stark internship retreat for the weekend, so he wouldn't have had time to get beaten up then). Bruises take a couple of days to appear anyway, and there's no sign of any bruises in the scene when he is being taken home. This one's more debatable though; it might also be an error with the makeup department.

I PM'd you the layout for my suggestions in the timeline, so as to not make this post too long.

Last edited:
Everything seems fine to me, although I have a few suggestions mostly unrelated to the prelude.

It started when I'd been thinking about the timing of the opening vlog scene of Homecoming with Civil War, which led me to think about the timing for other things.

-Peter and Happy head from Queens to Berlin via private jet. They are 3960 miles and 6 time zones apart. The fastest private jet in the world can travel at 711 mph, so the trip would be done in 5.5 hours. Adding the time zones to this means that they'd arrive at Berlin 11.5 hours later.

It's daylight when they leave Queens, and also when they arrive in Germany and have time to sightsee a bit before going to the airport, so I'd say they leave Queens on the afternoon of the 9th and arrive in Germany on the morning of the 10th.

-When heading to the Raft, FRIDAY tells Stark that the psychiatrist had been dispatched from Geneva when Bucky was caught in Romania. In this deleted scene, he seems to be arriving by train, and a train ride from Geneva to Berlin takes about 10 hours. Even if the deleted scene is discounted as non-canon, for all of this to have happened in the same day means that Steve and Sam would have to have stayed in each location in Europe for less than an hour, and for the news article on the bombing being printed and distributed within a few hours.

So I'd say to put the capture of Bucky in Romania the following day after the funeral and UN scenes. While Stark says "Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday" at the airport, the line is vague and might as well be referring to Bucky killing people when escaping the authorities in Romania and/or Germany. It also gives more breathing room for everything to happen in a reasonable amount of time.

-I suggested this already, but I might as well, since I am suggesting other things: I know I was the one who suggested to put the Siberia stuff the day after the airport due to the timezones, but I changed my mind due to the reasoning which was summed up in MCU wiki's discussion: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:217482#253

Zemo called the hotel for his breakfast while in Siberia (8 hours difference), and I'd imagine the Hydra base isn't too far from where he is. When Cap and Bucky arrive later, they say he couldn't have been there more than a few hours. This insinuates that the airport battle probably happened earlier in the day, possibly in the morning (accounting for the time difference), and so they can happen in the same day. Although Stark says Ross gave him 36 hours "24 hours ago", it can be taken as a general term for "yesterday". This also lines up with what I suggested about Peter and Happy leaving Queens in the afternoon and arriving in Germany the following morning.

-Lastly, I think I'd place the Civil War post-credits scene with Peter the night after he is taken back home by Tony, so that his alibi of having been beaten up by some guy from Brooklyn would work out (since his alibi was that he was at the Stark internship retreat for the weekend, so he wouldn't have had time to get beaten up then). Bruises take a couple of days to appear anyway, and there's no sign of any bruises in the scene when he is being taken home. This one's more debatable though; it might also be an error with the makeup department.

I PM'd you the layout for my suggestions in the timeline, so as to not make this post too long.

Responded in PM.

Hi there guys, haven't posted in a while now. I am currently making the timeline (yes I actually make it) and have noticed that the start of Homecoming is missing from the timeline, minute 4:03 to 4:58. Where would this be placed? Thanks

Latest posts

Back